Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:55 pm

heimdall wrote:
Effes wrote:
peewee wrote:
Effes wrote:I think if Kuyt played a role more like Van Nistelrooy i.e. just stayed in the box,
then he'd get a decent goals tally over a season.

i don't think his finishing is that good mate, he might get lucky and get a few deflections of his shin when he is trapping the ball

Disagree Peewee,

When he just joined I was sure that was what Rafa would do with him.
He didn't have the pace or ability to play anywhere else,  he's been OK in the 4-3-3 - but you'd get better returns if you just stuck him in the box.
Imagine if you tried to anything else with Van Nistelrooy?!

However, even in a 4-4-2 he was anywhere but the box.
Obviously he was carrying out Rafa's orders.

You aren't really comparing Kuyt To RVN are you?? This thread has now become completely ridiculous  :wwww  :no

I haven't drank that much Heimdallberg!  :laugh:

And Im not repeating myself.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Wait, people are saying a toss-up between our second best striker is crouch or kuyt? 

What about Babel?
SupitsJonF

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:42 pm

peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:his father passed away

no disrespect but how long are we going to hear this excuse for?

kuyt is not effective, all he brings is hard work and little end product and the sooner he is offloaded then the better for us.

he is gash up front and he is gash on the wing, hey i have an idea, why don't we play a winger on the wing, someone who can trap a ball, take players on and have some pace rather than this donkey

I have a better idea , why don't u pull out some imaginary money outta ur imaginary :censored: ? Do we got money for a winger now? Kuyt has done well on the wing , don't let ur bias get in the way , kuyt can do no good for you can he?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:44 pm

peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:

kuyt is not effective, all he brings is hard work and little end product and the sooner he is offloaded then the better for us.

he is gash up front and he is gash on the wing, hey i have an idea, why don't we play a winger on the wing, someone who can trap a ball, take players on and have some pace rather than this donkey

no offence pee wee but sometimes you do get tiresome. did you watch Kuyt play yesterday for holland? he was class, made all the difference when he came on, and he did ok for us last season, he was class his first season.
there are a fair few players we should be getting rid of, crouch included in my opinion... kuyt aint one of them

dawson i dont care how fantastic he was for holland in a meaningless game, i do care about how poor he has been for liverpool since he was signed.

nothing tiresome about that my friend, i say it as i see it

got us into the semi finals himself basically , man of the match against arsenal and inter ? Poor eh , 14 goals in a debut season , 11 this season .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:45 pm

One of the most amusing recent developments on Newkit has got to be how passionate people get defending what, at the end of the day, are two fairly ordinary strikers. :D  That said, could everyone please try and keep the discussion civil. ???  Ta.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:58 pm

Penguins wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
dawson99 wrote:if we are discussing which one is more valuable to the team, sell crouch now, kuyt is far more valuable, in my honest opinion, although i do feel a poll coming up

Agree 100% with you Daws Id prefer Kuyt brings more to the team Ok we all know hes not a prolific goalscorer but since hes been given that new role out wide i think hes done brilliant. The full backs can always rely on him to fill in when they go inside. His work rate for me is first class an his crossing of the ball is nothing to be sniffed at.

I watched him yesterday for Holland and although he came on as a sub he was there best player by a mile, Doesnt matter if it was a meaningless game he had 3 clearences that were worthy of Carragher . Looks like Van Basten is using him in the same role now out wide that we do .

Surely both Raffa and Van Basten are not wrong

So you see Kuyt as the permanent solution out wide?
He can't even dribble past a defender in the conference.
But he can work hard and pass the ball back...

Unbelievable  :no

Im not lookin at Kuyt as the permenant solution out wide all im sayin is since hes been put in that role hes done what hes been asked to do. Put crosses in which he has , track back which he has and hes even come up with a few goals. you cant fault the lad for that . How many wingers do you see in todays game actualy taking players on. Pennant is supposed to be a winger an yet ive seen Kuyt play a better balls than him all day long.

Im sayin givin a choice id take Kuyt over Crouch i can only go on my opinion an what ive seen at the games. The lad works his :censored: off an thatll do for me.

If Raffa gets the funds to buy a world class winger then sound ill be made up but you cant fault the lad when hes played there

Some people think hes a yard dog thats there choice
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:45 pm

crouch vs kuyt... its a no brainer - they're both as sh!t as each other.

bomb em both out along with pennant, riise, and alonso - that should raise around £40M

next season's forwards: (1) torres, (2) babel, (3) £10M, (4) nemeth

wingers: (1) £15M, (2) £15M, (3) youth player1, (4) youth player2

midfielders: (1) gerrard, (2) mashcerano, (3) lucas (4) youth player3

full-backs: (1) (2) (3) (4) - wateva, they're not match winners [unless of course their initials are JAR - in which case they win matches for the wrong team]

centre-backs: (1) carragher, (2) agger, (3) skyrtl, (4) hyypia

goal-keepers: (1) reina, (2) titus bramble [free transfer]

...wat a business model - we dnt even need a penny from the yanks!
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Rafa use Babel as a striker?  I gave up on that dream.
SupitsJonF

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:34 am

Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:

no offence pee wee but sometimes you do get tiresome. did you watch Kuyt play yesterday for holland? he was class, made all the difference when he came on, and he did ok for us last season, he was class his first season.
there are a fair few players we should be getting rid of, crouch included in my opinion... kuyt aint one of them

dawson i dont care how fantastic he was for holland in a meaningless game, i do care about how poor he has been for liverpool since he was signed.

got us into the semi finals himself basically , man of the match against arsenal and inter ? Poor eh , 14 goals in a debut season , 11 this season .

if that is not poor for a striker then you lack ambitions.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:00 am

Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:

yeah he did that alllllllllllll by himself with no help from anyone else    :D

and 14 goals followed by 11 goals, hardly prolific is it considering some teams have more prolific midfielders, and lets not forget torres last season, now thats what i call prolific, or even efficient.

sorry guys, kuyt is just not good enough, he is wasteful, he is not efficient, and even rafa can see his failings as a forward, thats why he moved him out wide
112-1077774096

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:13 am

peewee wrote:sorry guys, kuyt is just not good enough, he is wasteful, he is not efficient

Agreed... and yes we do need better... much better.

But when it's time for him to go, I'd bid him a fond farewell for the effort he has put in and the positive attitude. Sadly, that alone is not enough for LFC.
ConnO'var

Postby JBM » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 am

Selling Crouch without a replacement would be a mistake, Liverpool simply do not have adequate
backup for Torres at the moment, if Torres does a knee at the Euro's we can kiss next season goodbye. If Rafa sells Crouch he better have an Henry or Berbatov on the books. ???
JBM

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:24 am

Crouch is a better center forward than Kuyt no doubt. I love it the way people are having digs at Crouch now as it seems he set to leave or rot in the reserves.

Its plainly obvious Rafa and Crouch had a falling out somewhere along the lines, before Torres arrived Crouch had a decent run in the team. And agin before Torres arrived Crouch was completely bombed out of the team. Then Rafa stuck with Kuyt upfront for the remainder of the season more or less, IMO it seemed as though Rafa cut his nose to spite his face when dropping Crouchy and playing Kuyt. We could of picked up at least 12 more points the season before last if Crouch was played more.

I dont think Rafa has tried Crouch or Torres as a partnership for a sustained length of time, but I reckon if he did it could be a b.loody good partnership.
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:27 am

Is it me or is this discussion, like any where you mention Crouch, descending into the usual "Crouch is better than Kuyt" debate where somehow if Crouch is better than Kuyt that must mean he shouldn't go, should have got a fair go, would have scored 999 goals a season if he'd had the opportunities, would be first choice for England blah blah blah

Crouch isn't good enough, whether Kuyt is or not should be reserved for a/the topic about KUYT and is irrelevant as to indicating Crouch's worth to the team. Crouch had nothing but opportunities for TWO YEARS. If 14 isn't good for Kuyt in his first season then what is 13 in Crouch's!?!?!?

Crouch

2005/6 : 13 goals in 47 appearances (0.277 goals/app)
2006/7 : 18 goals in 49 appearances (0.367 goals/app)
2007/8 : 11 goals in 36 appearances (0.306 goals/app)

If THAT'S good enough then some people on here "lack ambitions". He had plenty of chances, he's featured in more than 74% of the games he could have played (came here banned). He played 66+ mins in 34 of his 47 appearances first season despite not scoring until his 19th appearances so how anyone can say he's been badly treated I don't know. He had more than a fair go considering his awful start. In fact it wouldn't be unfair to say he's never scored enough consistently to get to be first choice so he's played more than strikers would get at other clubs. He's had the odd spell of goalscoring, but his goalless spells are more common. All he needs is rubbish sides to score against. You certainly don't notch up 100 goalless appearances by your 132nd appearance if you're good enough. He fails to score in 75% of his appearances, I could put Kuyt's relative statistic but then I did state this was about Crouch not Kuyt (don't expect that will make any difference, it never has stopped anyone before)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:32 am

Owzat wrote:All he needs is rubbish sides to score against.

dumbest remark ive ever seen. EVER.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion