Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:36 am

just funny how everyone seems to be playiong poorly, kuyt actually is one of our better players recently, yet you never shut up about not liking him
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:39 am

Toffeehater wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:FFS , where is rafa supposed to play crouch all this season? drop him for torres? I'm sure u lot will be moaning oh why did rafa drop him . this new formation does not suit crouch , as for penguin , feck off . crouch gonna play in kuyt's postion on the wing ? , we tried that and we lost to reading . So get your facts right , kuyt is our top scorer in europe and from the wing . Crouch can't cross for nuts as well . I'm sorry if crouch wants to leave then he can feck off even if it means buying his last year of his contract . He needs to remember the club that made him who he is , an england international

when was this new formation implemented and who was torres's partner while using the old formation?
obviously you're a huge fan of kuyt as ive seen before in numerous posts. but if you're telling me kuyt can get you more goals then crouch you're deluded. crouch cant cross cause he is a striker kuyt is neither a winger nor a capable striker. he just runs his @ss off to make up for his inability to be more clinical.

Firstly , torres prefers kuyt more then he prefers crouch . Crouch adn torres simply can't play together and rafa gave that partnership a chance and it did not work . Secondly , kuyt has more goals then torres , gerrard in the champions league and this shows he can score and can assist , kuyt is a striker , a natural one at least and is now being played as a winger . Rafa seems to play kuyt form some reason other then kuyt , which tells u something , he must be doing something right other then crouch . Kuyt was arguably our man of the match in both legs against inter and arsenal , he tracked back so many times and made some crucial interceptions , he even got the goal . I'm sure crouch would not have half the effect then kuyt had

did torres tell you he prefers kuyt?
rafa gave that a partnership A CHANCE not chances unlike kuyt who plays almost all the time.

quote: ''he even got a goal''.
i am as surprised as u are.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:41 am

sorry peewee, Kuyt wasn't poor when we signed him! he was decent in his first season, picking up some goals that most people expected. What I expected is that he would score more goals the next season, unfortunatley with some personal problems, and our poor form in the season didn't help his cause! yes he was poor at the start of the season, but did well when he was moved to the right and scored some important goals in the Champions League that should he should be given credit for.

As for Crouch, I have an idea, lets drop torres next season for crouch, ok?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:54 am

we are comparing crouch and kuyt, not torres and crouch.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:08 am

metalhead wrote:sorry peewee, Kuyt wasn't poor when we signed him! he was decent in his first season, picking up some goals that most people expected. What I expected is that he would score more goals the next season, unfortunatley with some personal problems, and our poor form in the season didn't help his cause! yes he was poor at the start of the season, but did well when he was moved to the right and scored some important goals in the Champions League that should he should be given credit for.

As for Crouch, I have an idea, lets drop torres next season for crouch, ok?

Why does Torres have to be dropped for Crouch ?

Cant they play together ?

We only played that 4-5-1 at the end of the season, we havent usually played that sort of system under Rafa anyway.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:09 am

well we all have opinions but the stats dont lie. kuyt is never a striker and never will be, his lack of ability to even control a ball is staggering.

lets get things straight here, I don't dislike kuyt, I just think he is not a good player and rafas insistence is shoe horning him into the team has probably cost points
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:11 am

metalhead wrote:As for Crouch, I have an idea, lets drop torres next season for crouch, ok?

lay off them space cakes mate    :D

we are discussing crouch against kuyt, one is a footballer and the other is called dirk kuyt
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:27 am

I think if Kuyt played a role more like Van Nistelrooy i.e. just stayed in the box,
then he'd get a decent goals tally over a season.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:38 am

Effes wrote:I think if Kuyt played a role more like Van Nistelrooy i.e. just stayed in the box,

i don't think his finishing is that good mate, he might get lucky and get a few deflections of his shin when he is trapping the ball
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 am

if we are discussing which one is more valuable to the team, sell crouch now, kuyt is far more valuable, in my honest opinion, although i do feel a poll coming up
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:52 am

dawson99 wrote:if we are discussing which one is more valuable to the team, sell crouch now, kuyt is far more valuable, in my honest opinion, although i do feel a poll coming up

Agree 100% with you Daws Id prefer Kuyt brings more to the team Ok we all know hes not a prolific goalscorer but since hes been given that new role out wide i think hes done brilliant. The full backs can always rely on him to fill in when they go inside. His work rate for me is first class an his crossing of the ball is nothing to be sniffed at.

I watched him yesterday for Holland and although he came on as a sub he was there best player by a mile, Doesnt matter if it was a meaningless game he had 3 clearences that were worthy of Carragher . Looks like Van Basten is using him in the same role now out wide that we do .

Surely both Raffa and Van Basten are not wrong
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:52 am

Crouch's comments the other day were quite alarming, especially with regards to him being willing to see out the remaining year on his contract. If this is the case then we really need to make an example of the guy, otherwise we'll get another McManaman, Owen situation. If we can afford to do it then we should call his bluff. If he chooses to sit out his contract then he should be made to train with the youth team and sit in the reserves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:01 am

stmichael wrote:Crouch's comments the other day were quite alarming, especially with regards to him being willing to see out the remaining year on his contract. If this is the case then we really need to make an example of the guy, otherwise we'll get another McManaman, Owen situation. If we can afford to do it then we should call his bluff. If he chooses to sit out his contract then he should be made to train with the youth team and sit in the reserves.

That's just cutting off your nose to spite the face mate.

With the financial situation being what it is at he club at the mo, it would be extremely unwise I feel. After Owen and McManaman, the lessons should have been learnt and a situation like this should never have recurred. We've got no one else to blame but ourselves for this unholy turn of events.
ConnO'var

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:13 am

peewee wrote:
Effes wrote:I think if Kuyt played a role more like Van Nistelrooy i.e. just stayed in the box,

i don't think his finishing is that good mate, he might get lucky and get a few deflections of his shin when he is trapping the ball

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:27 am

ConnO'var wrote:
stmichael wrote:Crouch's comments the other day were quite alarming, especially with regards to him being willing to see out the remaining year on his contract. If this is the case then we really need to make an example of the guy, otherwise we'll get another McManaman, Owen situation. If we can afford to do it then we should call his bluff. If he chooses to sit out his contract then he should be made to train with the youth team and sit in the reserves.

That's just cutting off your nose to spite the face mate.

With the financial situation being what it is at he club at the mo, it would be extremely unwise I feel. After Owen and McManaman, the lessons should have been learnt and a situation like this should never have recurred. We've got no one else to blame but ourselves for this unholy turn of events.

To be honest i think Rafa has handled it extremley badly this season and towards the end of last.
After bombing him in the champions league final last year he told him he was in his plans and wanted him to stay, then bombed him out totally all season.
He should of sold him last summer if he didnt want him, when his stock was higher and his contract situation wasnt as bad.
Very poor management of the situation imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion