Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:08 am

It was a question, calm the fu.ck down.
SupitsJonF

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:14 am

Toffeehater wrote:FFS , where is rafa supposed to play crouch all this season? drop him for torres? I'm sure u lot will be moaning oh why did rafa drop him . this new formation does not suit crouch , as for penguin , feck off . crouch gonna play in kuyt's postion on the wing ? , we tried that and we lost to reading . So get your facts right , kuyt is our top scorer in europe and from the wing . Crouch can't cross for nuts as well . I'm sorry if crouch wants to leave then he can feck off even if it means buying his last year of his contract . He needs to remember the club that made him who he is , an england international

when was this new formation implemented and who was torres's partner while using the old formation?
obviously you're a huge fan of kuyt as ive seen before in numerous posts. but if you're telling me kuyt can get you more goals then crouch you're deluded. crouch cant cross cause he is a striker kuyt is neither a winger nor a capable striker. he just runs his @ss off to make up for his inability to be more clinical.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Penguins » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Toffeehater wrote:FFS , where is rafa supposed to play crouch all this season? drop him for torres? I'm sure u lot will be moaning oh why did rafa drop him . this new formation does not suit crouch , as for penguin , feck off . crouch gonna play in kuyt's postion on the wing ? , we tried that and we lost to reading . So get your facts right , kuyt is our top scorer in europe and from the wing . Crouch can't cross for nuts as well . I'm sorry if crouch wants to leave then he can feck off even if it means buying his last year of his contract . He needs to remember the club that made him who he is , an england international

Whar are you raving about?

Who said anything about replacing Torres with Crouch?

Why not just play Crouch in a 4-4-2 which Rafa has employed for 3 seasons before? And if Torres gets injured.

Kuyt or Crouch as replacement?
Goals or no goals. I know what I would pick.

Why treat Crouch like garbage and change our system just so
"mr hard work, no end product" could play?

Crouch can't score??
He was just great last season scoring when he got the chance.
He actually continued the trend this past season.
He gets a chance and comes on vs Villa and scores. His
reward?
The bench and once again have to watch another non productive effort from Kuyt. Same story the whole damn season.And do please look at what Kuyt did as a striker this season. You know, the position he was bought to the club as for around 10 million. Thank god at least he could take those 2 penalties vs the blueshite so he could get a few goals to his credit.

Like Crouch owes LFC anything the way he has been treated the past season

:no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:32 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:

when was this new formation implemented and who was torres's partner while using the old formation?
obviously you're a huge fan of kuyt as ive seen before in numerous posts. but if you're telling me kuyt can get you more goals then crouch you're deluded. crouch cant cross cause he is a striker kuyt is neither a winger nor a capable striker. he just runs his @ss off to make up for his inability to be more clinical.

Firstly , torres prefers kuyt more then he prefers crouch . Crouch adn torres simply can't play together and rafa gave that partnership a chance and it did not work . Secondly , kuyt has more goals then torres , gerrard in the champions league and this shows he can score and can assist , kuyt is a striker , a natural one at least and is now being played as a winger . Rafa seems to play kuyt form some reason other then kuyt , which tells u something , he must be doing something right other then crouch . Kuyt was arguably our man of the match in both legs against inter and arsenal , he tracked back so many times and made some crucial interceptions , he even got the goal . I'm sure crouch would not have half the effect then kuyt had
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:35 pm

Penguins wrote:

Whar are you raving about?

Who said anything about replacing Torres with Crouch?

Why not just play Crouch in a 4-4-2 which Rafa has employed for 3 seasons before? And if Torres gets injured.

Kuyt or Crouch as replacement?
Goals or no goals. I know what I would pick.

Why treat Crouch like garbage and change our system just so
"mr hard work, no end product" could play?

Crouch can't score??
He was just great last season scoring when he got the chance.
He actually continued the trend this past season.
He gets a chance and comes on vs Villa and scores. His
reward?
The bench and once again have to watch another non productive effort from Kuyt. Same story the whole damn season.And do please look at what Kuyt did as a striker this season. You know, the position he was bought to the club as for around 10 million. Thank god at least he could take those 2 penalties vs the blueshite so he could get a few goals to his credit.

Like Crouch owes LFC anything the way he has been treated the past season

:no

WHy change the formation when we are winning ? Why chop and change it , when rafa does that and we lose poeple like u whine . Crouch took 17 games to get his first goal , kuyt did better then him in his first season and this season we can't compare as crouch has been on the bench . Kuyt has had a hard season , his father passed away but he hasn't done half as bad as you people make out . No end product? top scorer in the champions league , 7 assist in he premier league , rather decent for a winger don't u think , not even a out and out winger , just converted from a striker role to suit the new formation and has done well .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Kuyt didn't score more goals then Torres.  (Not saying your point is wrong, just saying.)

Player                   Value   Min.           Club

Cristiano Ronaldo 8 1017' Man. United
Didier Drogba          6   1028'       Chelsea
Steven Gerrard         6    1093     Liverpool
Fernando Torres         6   916'      Liverpool

Lionel Messi            6     808' Barcelona
Raúl González           5   714'      Real Madrid
Ryan Babel            5    789'        Liverpool
Dirk Kuyt            5    856'        Liverpool

Wavy chart, I know  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:41 pm

Crouch will leave LFC once he gets back from EURO 2008.

He recently discovered he was actually born in Croatia, so he's been selected.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:19 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3637030,00.html

this shows that crouch appears to want to stay as long as he is offered more chances.

and seeing as he has stated this to rafa i'd say it looks like were keeping the giant.
i personally think he is quality and despite what some ppl have said i still believe he could build a partnership with torres (not knocking kuyt)
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:56 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Kuyt didn't score more goals then Torres.  (Not saying your point is wrong, just saying.)

its 7 if u include the early stages . , its 5 if u don't and still its a decent ratio
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:36 am

Toffeehater wrote:his father passed away

no disrespect but how long are we going to hear this excuse for?

kuyt is not effective, all he brings is hard work and little end product and the sooner he is offloaded then the better for us.

he is gash up front and he is gash on the wing, hey i have an idea, why don't we play a winger on the wing, someone who can trap a ball, take players on and have some pace rather than this donkey
112-1077774096

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:06 am

I didnt watch the match last night but some comments on youtube suggest he was booed during the match. WTF?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:11 am

bavlondon wrote:I didnt watch the match last night but some comments on youtube suggest he was booed during the match. WTF?

its only because they feel ( though i cant remember it, so i have no idea) he pulled on a trinidad & tabago defenders dreadlocks when scoring against them in the world cup
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:23 am

Toffeehater wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:Kuyt didn't score more goals then Torres.  (Not saying your point is wrong, just saying.)

its 7 if u include the early stages . , its 5 if u don't and still its a decent ratio

And how many did he score in the premiership when he was partnering Torres in a 4-4-2. I don't care how many goals he got in the Champions league it's the premiership which matters.
How anyone can defend Kuyt astounds me, he's complete cr8p, not that Crouch is that much better but why Rafa didn't give Crouch more chances can only be down to a personal grudge and that is very unprofessional and is bad management.
heimdall

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 am

peewee wrote:

kuyt is not effective, all he brings is hard work and little end product and the sooner he is offloaded then the better for us.

he is gash up front and he is gash on the wing, hey i have an idea, why don't we play a winger on the wing, someone who can trap a ball, take players on and have some pace rather than this donkey

no offence pee wee but sometimes you do get tiresome. did you watch Kuyt play yesterday for holland? he was class, made all the difference when he came on, and he did ok for us last season, he was class his first season.
there are a fair few players we should be getting rid of, crouch included in my opinion... kuyt aint one of them
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 am

dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:

no offence pee wee but sometimes you do get tiresome. did you watch Kuyt play yesterday for holland? he was class, made all the difference when he came on, and he did ok for us last season, he was class his first season.
there are a fair few players we should be getting rid of, crouch included in my opinion... kuyt aint one of them

dawson i dont care how fantastic he was for holland in a meaningless game, i do care about how poor he has been for liverpool since he was signed.

nothing tiresome about that my friend, i say it as i see it
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion