Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:51 am

The perfect line up for us tonight would be:

Reina

Carragher  Hypia     Skrtel     Riise

Alonso    Mascherano

Gerrard                             Kuyt

Crouch   Torres

Trust me if rafa goes with that, then we are off to Moscow. NO doubt
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 am

BOODIDDY wrote:The perfect line up for us TOMORROW tonight would NOT be:

Reina

Carragher  Hypia     Skrtel     Riise

Alonso    Mascherano

Gerrard                             Kuyt

Crouch   Torres

Trust me if rafa goes with that, then we are NOT off to Moscow. NO doubt

I've corrected your glaring errors. Crouch has a pitiful scoring record against Chelsea (1 in 13 games), Torres has scored one in the two games so far and funnily enough that goal came with KUYT alongside him.

Why are so many people keen to disrupt a winning formula?!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:29 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:crouch must start tomorrow and we should be playing 4-4-2. chelsea marked gerrard and torres out of large periods of the game at anfield, with 4-4-2 it gives terry and carvalho two forwards to mark, which means Torres only has one up his arse at a time.

You didn't even know which day the game is, why should we trust your judgement on who should play?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Owzat wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:crouch must start tomorrow and we should be playing 4-4-2. chelsea marked gerrard and torres out of large periods of the game at anfield, with 4-4-2 it gives terry and carvalho two forwards to mark, which means Torres only has one up his arse at a time.

You didn't even know which day the game is, why should we trust your judgement on who should play?

because I'm always right. That's why. Anything else you'd like to know?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:34 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Owzat wrote:

If u are always right how come the game is not today as it said on the 28th of april it was today  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:47 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Owzat wrote:

If u are always right how come the game is not today as it said on the 28th of april it was today  :D

because i can't tell the time, and I thought the clock said 10 past 12 not 10 past 11. but don't worry i am always right. for example liverpool will start with 11 players against chelsea, and 10 of them will be wearing red  :p (genius or what)
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby SundanceKid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:51 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Owzat wrote:

because i can't tell the time, and I thought the clock said 10 past 12 not 10 past 11. but don't worry i am always right. for example liverpool will start with 11 players against chelsea, and 10 of them will be wearing red  :p (genius or what)

11 if Terry doesn't rip the shirt right off Torres' back
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:58 am

SundanceKid wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Let's just hope Crouch is plan B not plan A. Same goes for flag, I mean Pennant. And let's hope Riise isn't even plan C.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:41 pm

Owzat wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Let's just hope Crouch is plan B not plan A. Same goes for flag, I mean Pennant. And let's hope Riise isn't even plan C.

Our starting 11 will dominate. But as we saw last week, luck works greater than skill.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby stmichael » Thu May 08, 2008 11:37 am

I think we can pretty much say that the lad will be gone in the summer, even though I rate him and feel he's been givena raw deal this season.

Rafa is playing 4-2-3-1 and that means only one lad upfront. That lad is obviously going to be Torres as he is a far better striker. If Crouch remained at the club then he would start the season once again as back up striker to Torres as i think Rafa is planning on sticking to this formation and Fernando will be first choice.

The best thing for Crouch is to leave Liverpool and good luck to the lad wherever he goes and hopefully he will play every week at his new club. I personally would sell both Crouch and Voronin and put it towards strengthening the width issue we have. Torres, Babel, Kuyt and Nemeth are good enough to cover for us especially in the current formation thus allowing us to spend money on a fast right sided attacker.

Dissapointed in any first teamers who didnt turn on Sunday for our last home game and that includes not only Crouch but Pennant and Arbeloa both didnt turn up which is a shame because people have paid good money and supported these lads all season and it wouldnt have hurt to give a couple of hours up on Sunday to show their appreciaton for the fans.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Wage demand shocks VillaVilla have been quoted wage demands of £80,000 a week if they want to sign Peter Crouch.

That’s how much sources say Portsmouth are willing to offer the Liverpool striker to return south.

Villa would consider Crouch in a deal to take him back to Villa Park - but not at the expense of losing Liverpool target Gareth Barry.

The wage demands Villa are encountering - plus the huge incentives likely to be needed to persuade Barry to stay - have left boss Martin O’Neill and chairman Randy Lerner considering smashing the wage structure to compete for top players.

Barry is currently Villa’s top earner on around £42,000 a week.

It’s understood Jermain Defoe rejected the chance to join Villa because of pay, while it’s believed Lassina Diarra joined Portsmouth only after demanding £90,000 a week at Villa to improve on an £85,000 a week offer at Newcastle.

Wage demands are getting crazy - £80k per week for someone who isn't even a regular first team player. No wonder teams are going abroad to sign players.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Thu May 08, 2008 12:34 pm

How much do you think Crouch would fetch in the transfer market? At the end of the day, sellers always want more; buyers always want to pay less. This works with just about anything.

Crouch is worth about £7M with a year left on his contract. It could go up towards £10M if 2-3 teams will compete with one another and he is happy to go to any of them. On the other hand, if his preference is to sit tight and see out his contract and then assess his options, then we may need to take something as low as £5M, while the buying club gives him a nice big fat signing bonus to get him to move.

Overall, this is probably club error, since I thought we were not letting player contracts dip below 2 years (especially for players with a decent sell on fee).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Thu May 08, 2008 12:53 pm

stmichael wrote:How much do you think Crouch would fetch in the transfer market? At the end of the day, sellers always want more; buyers always want to pay less. This works with just about anything.

Crouch is worth about £7M with a year left on his contract. It could go up towards £10M if 2-3 teams will compete with one another and he is happy to go to any of them. On the other hand, if his preference is to sit tight and see out his contract and then assess his options, then we may need to take something as low as £5M, while the buying club gives him a nice big fat signing bonus to get him to move.

Overall, this is probably club error, since I thought we were not letting player contracts dip below 2 years (especially for players with a decent sell on fee).

How many times has this happened in the past though, imo Rick Parry is the man responsible for these sort of things and looks like another c0ck up on his behalf  :no

If he has 3 or 4 years left on his contract then I'd say around £10m but with one year left your looking about £6m or £7m which is a snip considering he's an England international  :(
Last edited by Paul C on Thu May 08, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Richj » Thu May 08, 2008 1:46 pm

If :censored: like Carrick can go for 18m im sure Crouch who has no problem scoring for England and in the Champions league must be worth well over 10m.
Richj

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu May 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Just said on Sky Sports News "rafael benitez has put a 15 million price tag on Peter Crouch"

someone on here said that was a steal, can't remember who. Maybe Owzat can remind us.
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion