Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:50 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:one Liverpool player since Rafael Benitez took over has scored against Chelsea, United and Arsenal. That one fella is Peter Crouch

yeay... Peter "the one fella" Crouch!

:buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:14 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Ahh, the great Crouch debate rumbles on: world beater or rubbish? :D  The answer seems fairly obvious to me: he's neither.  Decent player, can do a job, worthy of a place in the squad unless he's not content to sit and wait for a game, in which case he should be sold for a healthy fee, as far as I'm concerned.

Thieving opinions again eh?  ???

:D

Nah, mate...I totally googled this one. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:41 am

Bad Bob wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Ahh, the great Crouch debate rumbles on: world beater or rubbish? :D  The answer seems fairly obvious to me: he's neither.  Decent player, can do a job, worthy of a place in the squad unless he's not content to sit and wait for a game, in which case he should be sold for a healthy fee, as far as I'm concerned.

Thieving opinions again eh?  ???

Nah, mate...I totally googled this one. :D

I don't disagree, if people are going to post concocted stats to try and prove he's quality then I will question them, if they merely state they think he's world class then I'll ignore them.

A "steal" at £15m did make me chuckle mind, considering that would make him worth nearly as much as, if not more than, Torres cost..................

Played well yesterday, was only brum mind. The way Pennant dribbled through their defence like it wasn't there sums them  up. But for poor defending we'd have won that
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:52 pm

oakton wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool just scored against Birmingham...goalscorer Peter Crouch. Yet people still want him sold. :no

11 goals this season. Including three in his last three premiership starts

It's only Birmingham, he can't score against bigger teams.

Neither does Ronaldo.
Thingy

Postby SundanceKid » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:07 pm

oakton wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool just scored against Birmingham...goalscorer Peter Crouch. Yet people still want him sold. :no

The hat trick on Arsenal last season? The Charity Shield winner against Chelsea? The one of two premiership goals we got against Arsenal this season?
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:11 pm

SundanceKid wrote:
oakton wrote:

The hat trick on Arsenal last season? The Charity Shield winner against Chelsea? The one of two premiership goals we got against Arsenal this season?

:D     spot on.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Owzat wrote:I don't disagree, if people are going to post concocted stats to try and prove he's quality then I will question them, if they merely state they think he's world class then I'll ignore them.

:laugh:  Isnt that your speciality ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Crouch will not be here next season as simply he will not be content with a space on the bench which will jeopardise his england career
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Lump sum or lump on the bench - I think I'd take the £££
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:38 pm

Crouch is an excellent forward. I hope he starts on Wedneday vs Chelsea. Benitez said that Crouch was one of 2 players who he thought played really well against Birmingham.

I hope he starts.
Yari7

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 pm

Yari7 wrote:Crouch is an excellent forward. I hope he starts on Wedneday vs Chelsea. Benitez said that Crouch was one of 2 players who he thought played really well against Birmingham.

I hope he starts.

The other should be pennant , i think rafa is gonna rotate again and kuyt's gonna be on the left with pennant on the right
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Yari7 wrote:Crouch is an excellent forward. I hope he starts on Wedneday vs Chelsea. Benitez said that Crouch was one of 2 players who he thought played really well against Birmingham.

I hope he starts.

The other should be pennant , i think rafa is gonna rotate again and kuyt's gonna be on the left with pennant on the right

Personally, I would brign Crouch in before I would bring Pennant. Kuyt on the left and Gerrard on the right.
Yari7

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Crouch is a great player to have around. I think Rafa would be mad to sell him unless there's an exceptional replacement lined up.

He's never let the side down, and he's definitely our most underused player this season. I'm sure Torres would have had at least half a dozen more if the Torres/Crouch partnership had been persevered with for longer than 15 seconds.
ivor_the_injun

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:04 pm

crouch must start tomorrow and we should be playing 4-4-2. chelsea marked gerrard and torres out of large periods of the game at anfield, with 4-4-2 it gives terry and carvalho two forwards to mark, which means Torres only has one up his arse at a time.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby SundanceKid » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:44 am

The real dilemma is who to sub out for him. I don't want to see Torres substituted out unless he's on his knees begging for water, he's the most capable of scoring for us. And I don't want to see Kuyt leave the game before the full 90 as well. Now I understand what the purpose of a manager is for...

All that talk about us not scoring in 4 years is a load of garbage. Our main problem is the perfect line up.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion