Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thingy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 pm

I didnt say we need 11 world class players, so stop making things up before you discuss that. Maybe there similar to Bentley, but take these things into account. 1, Bentley is playing with players who arent no were near as good as Torres, Gerrard etc. 2, Bentley is quicker younger, just as good as you say, and has the best years ahead of him. 3, thats only one player in Bentley, compare him to Ronaldo, Giggs Barnes in there prime. Its not even comparable. We need players like them, not people who run.
Thingy

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:58 pm

Owzat wrote:You think he's worth £15m, you truly are deluded and your entire post doesn't indicate otherwise.

how many england internationals, who have champions league experince and are at their prime will go for less than 15 million? None. Crouch would be a steal at 15 million for any side.

As for the rest of your poxy post, Crouch is clearly good enough to play for the club. If you're expecting him to get 30 goals a season then you and anybody else expecting that is a total idiot. He isn't going to score 30 goals a season, he will however and has scored 15 goals a season. This year he has 10 in a season where he's bit no more than a bit-part player. Out of the 55 games we've played this season Crouch has started a mere 20 of them with 15 more sub appearances (including 30 seconds against everton), and yet still has 10 goals this season. A very good player who is more than worth a place in our starting 11.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Owzat » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Owzat wrote:You think he's worth £15m, you truly are deluded and your entire post doesn't indicate otherwise.

how many england internationals, who have champions league experince and are at their prime will go for less than 15 million? None. Crouch would be a steal at 15 million for any side.

So because he's English he's worth £15m!?!?!?! You really are clutching at straws. And a "steal at 15 million", a man who scores every third game, you have just proved you are deluded. That would imply he's worth a lot more than £15m, do you even know the meaning or implication of the words that find their way into your posts?!?!?!

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:As for the rest of your poxy post, Crouch is clearly good enough to play for the club. If you're expecting him to get 30 goals a season then you and anybody else expecting that is a total idiot. He isn't going to score 30 goals a season, he will however and has scored 15 goals a season. This year he has 10 in a season where he's bit no more than a bit-part player. Out of the 55 games we've played this season Crouch has started a mere 20 of them with 15 more sub appearances (including 30 seconds against everton), and yet still has 10 goals this season. A very good player who is more than worth a place in our starting 11.

You've repeated your original claim that Crouch is good enough to play for the club, great argument! And calling my post "poxy" and putting words in my mouth makes you the idiot. Did you ever wonder WHY Crouch isn't a regular? Because he was a regular and wasn't good enough to play for the club. But then maybe Rafa knows that and you don't, maybe you claim to know more than Rafa and don't.

You've made your claims, backed up by hot air and initially some rather oddly chosen parameters to substantiate it. It's funny how the true legends in a Liverpool shirt scored goals aplenty, there was no doubt they were good enough. Even IF Crouch is just about good enough to play for Liverpool, your whole post is negated by the fact you include the word "clearly" and if it were "clear" then nobody would be disagreeing.

DUH
Last edited by Owzat on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 pm

one where have I said "becauses he's english therefore he's worth 15 million"...read properly (if you can) and you'll see it said "how many other england internationals with champions league experince and at the prime of their career will go for less than 15 million" England international...does that make sense? England international not just any englishman. Dean Windass is English but isn't worth 15 million. But because you're unable to see anything positive about Crouch we might as well sign Windass and sell Crouch and see the difference shall we?

Crouch is now and always will be good enough to play for Liverpool Football Club. Obviously he's not going to make many (if any) greatest 11s for Liverpool, but who would you rather have up front alongside Torres...Crouch/Kuyt/Voronin? I'd certainly have Crouch ahead of either of the other two.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:35 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:one where have I said "becauses he's english therefore he's worth 15 million"...read properly (if you can) and you'll see it said "how many other england internationals with champions league experince and at the prime of their career will go for less than 15 million" England international...does that make sense? England international not just any englishman. Dean Windass is English but isn't worth 15 million. But because you're unable to see anything positive about Crouch we might as well sign Windass and sell Crouch and see the difference shall we?

Crouch is now and always will be good enough to play for Liverpool Football Club. Obviously he's not going to make many (if any) greatest 11s for Liverpool, but who would you rather have up front alongside Torres...Crouch/Kuyt/Voronin? I'd certainly have Crouch ahead of either of the other two.

I rate crouch higher than kuyt and voronin....but we should still sell him.... He is not gonna get much games under rafa (suffering from the hamann, baros and cisse syndrome)..... So we might itself get as much money as possible for him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:45 pm

ok say we sell crouch who do we bring in? another free from germany? another prolific dutchman? because let me tell you, another similar player to Torres wouldn't work. No side has two 30 goals a season centre forwards. So why not keep Crouch when you know you'll get 15 goals a season (given the games) Letting Crouch go at the end of the season will be the biggest mistake made by the club since Benitez arrived (that includes not selecting Crouch for last year's eurpopean cup final)
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:49 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:ok say we sell crouch who do we bring in? another free from germany? another prolific dutchman? because let me tell you, another similar player to Torres wouldn't work. No side has two 30 goals a season centre forwards. So why not keep Crouch when you know you'll get 15 goals a season (given the games) Letting Crouch go at the end of the season will be the biggest mistake made by the club since Benitez arrived (that includes not selecting Crouch for last year's eurpopean cup final)

Like i said....i am a fan of crouch (and not a fan of rafa)..... but rafa is gonna stay here for a long time.....This could decide crouch's fate....

I am not even a fan of the 4-3-2-1 formation.....

But it makes no sense for crouch to stay when he does not get a run of games to score loads of goals.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Liverpool just scored against Birmingham...goalscorer Peter Crouch. Yet people still want him sold. :no

11 goals this season. Including three in his last three premiership starts
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:03 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool just scored against Birmingham...goalscorer Peter Crouch. Yet people still want him sold. :no

U see when crouch plays , we simply just give up and pump long balls to him and that was the story today , all our balls were given to crouch and defenders heavily marked him and like the rock i hate the 4-2-3-1 formation but we don't have a decent striker , unless we move babel up there next season or if rafa signs a top striker next season this is gonna be crouch's fate , sit on the bench and waste his career or move on for regular football
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:16 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool just scored against Birmingham...goalscorer Peter Crouch. Yet people still want him sold. :no

It's only Birmingham, he can't score against bigger teams.
oakton

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:28 pm

oakton wrote:

arsenal??

he doesnt score against bigger teams generally cause he doesnt play against them, and when he does, he's a bit rusty cause he doesnt get a run in the team
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:42 pm

Ahh, the great Crouch debate rumbles on: world beater or rubbish? :D  The answer seems fairly obvious to me: he's neither.  Decent player, can do a job, worthy of a place in the squad unless he's not content to sit and wait for a game, in which case he should be sold for a healthy fee, as far as I'm concerned.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:40 pm

oakton wrote:

one Liverpool player since Rafael Benitez took over has scored against Chelsea, United and Arsenal. That one fella is Peter Crouch

United FA Cup 2006.
Chelsea charity shield 2006.
Arsenal a few occasions.

Sure he doesn't score against the better teams? He has a better record against the top sides than most.

He's also scored in the Merseyside derby. Another of Liverpool's big games of a season.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:09 am

Bad Bob wrote:Ahh, the great Crouch debate rumbles on: world beater or rubbish? :D  The answer seems fairly obvious to me: he's neither.  Decent player, can do a job, worthy of a place in the squad unless he's not content to sit and wait for a game, in which case he should be sold for a healthy fee, as far as I'm concerned.

Thieving opinions again eh?  ???

:D
LFC2007

Postby Rush Job » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:09 am

Crouch is an quality player and an asset to the club, im sure Rafa would be happy to keep him along as he`s happy with the amount of time he`s getting on the pitch. The lad garantees goals simple as.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion