Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Nope he'll be gone to either newcastle , man city or pompey , expected price shud be 10mill .

I was only joking about LA Galaxy, and any idiot who would part with £10m for him should be locked up. He's not worth more than we paid for him, we paid too much
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:17 pm

well i won't be complaining if we got 10 million for him and i'm guessing neither would you
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Toffeehater wrote:well i won't be complaining if we got 10 million for him and i'm guessing neither would you

I'll just be happy to see him sold to raise funds, I'm used to players departing at a loss on what we paid so the only thing I care about is getting a quality striker to help Torres. Just imagine if TWO strikers could get twenty a season rather than twenty a career.

Where is that fool who was saying Kuyt scores only every ten games? By his backward logic Kuyt must have played 110 games this season, it was his first against Chelsea tonight and better 1-1 than 0-1. Kuyt was immense tonight, just a shame their hit and hope cross was headed rather than kicked. Didn't anyone tell Riise you can kick harder than you head?
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:47 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I'll answer it for you...it doesn't suit Crouch because Torres has to play, so Crouch who is a great player and quite frankly is good enough to play at this club,

Unbelievable, even coming from you... :no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:48 am

Fo Dne wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I'll answer it for you...it doesn't suit Crouch because Torres has to play, so Crouch who is a great player and quite frankly is good enough to play at this club,

Unbelievable, even coming from you... :no

Stu??? :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:49 am

Owzat wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:well i won't be complaining if we got 10 million for him and i'm guessing neither would you

I'll just be happy to see him sold to raise funds, I'm used to players departing at a loss on what we paid so the only thing I care about is getting a quality striker to help Torres. Just imagine if TWO strikers could get twenty a season rather than twenty a career.

Where is that fool who was saying Kuyt scores only every ten games? By his backward logic Kuyt must have played 110 games this season, it was his first against Chelsea tonight and better 1-1 than 0-1. Kuyt was immense tonight, just a shame their hit and hope cross was headed rather than kicked. Didn't anyone tell Riise you can kick harder than you head?

Typical of Riise this season.

Kuyt and Alonso were immense tonight.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:59 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Typical of Riise this season.

Kuyt and Alonso were immense tonight.

Class is either there or it aint mate!
How come Kuyt has come so good lately...been a different player since Xmas!Did he always have it or has he worked on his game?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:53 pm

i was at a sportsman's lunch at chester races today, a 'liverpool legends' day with thommo, clemence & phil neal. anyway i was lucky enough to have a pint and a good old natter with thommo for about 20 minutes on the balcony. i asked him about crouch and he said 'i think he'll leave, in fact i KNOW he'll leave'...   but he wasn't sure where to

thommo is a sound geezer, and his nose isn't half as big as it looks on the telly  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Crouch isnt good enough, but Kuyt is? Strikers are supposed to score goals. Crouch does. Its simple as that. So we get rid of a very good striker, not world class by any strech of the imagination but a very good one in Crouch, yet keep a poor poor forward. What happend to getting rid of stop gaps, squad players etc, the stop gap is going to stay, and the good player is out. Dosent make sense, does it?
Thingy

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Crouch is clearly good enough to play for this club. He isn't Fernando Torres but how many sides have two centre forwards who score 25+ in a season.

Rooney 17 goals, Tevez 18.
Drogba 12 goals, Shevchenko 7.
Adebyor 27 goals, Eduardo 10.
Torres 30 goals, Crouch 10.

So still no side has two centre forwards who will score 25+ goals a season. Tevez is likely to cost United around 25 million, Shevchenko cost 30 million and Eduardo cost about 12/13 million. Crouch cost 7 and none of the three are streets ahead of him in terms of goals which is a forwards job. Considering Crouch has played some part in 35 games (15 off the bench) I don't see how people complain about the lad. He scores, creates havoc, makes goals for others and if nothing else puts the fear of god into centre halves.

It'd be one of the biggest mistakes in Benitez' career to sell Peter Crouch for anything under 15 million.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 am

Thingy wrote:Crouch isnt good enough, but Kuyt is? Strikers are supposed to score goals. Crouch does. Its simple as that. So we get rid of a very good striker, not world class by any strech of the imagination but a very good one in Crouch, yet keep a poor poor forward. What happend to getting rid of stop gaps, squad players etc, the stop gap is going to stay, and the good player is out. Dosent make sense, does it?

It makes sense if you've been watching Liverpool in the last month or two. The formation has changed, Crouch is now effectively a reserve and we can do better.

GBJH wrote:Crouch is clearly good enough to play for this club. He isn't Fernando Torres but how many sides have two centre forwards who score 25+ in a season.

Rooney 17 goals, Tevez 18.
Drogba 12 goals, Shevchenko 7.
Adebyor 27 goals, Eduardo 10.
Torres 30 goals, Crouch 10.

So still no side has two centre forwards who will score 25+ goals a season. Tevez is likely to cost United around 25 million, Shevchenko cost 30 million and Eduardo cost about 12/13 million. Crouch cost 7 and none of the three are streets ahead of him in terms of goals which is a forwards job. Considering Crouch has played some part in 35 games (15 off the bench) I don't see how people complain about the lad. He scores, creates havoc, makes goals for others and if nothing else puts the fear of god into centre halves.

It'd be one of the biggest mistakes in Benitez' career to sell Peter Crouch for anything under 15 million.

Crouch is NOT clearly good enough to play for Liverpool, he is only to those who want to see it that way, just as clearly as he isn't to those who don't. "He puts the fear of god into defenders", yeah right! They are fearful he'll clobber them, land on them or stampede them. But then when you can't prove something by stats there is always the fall back of non-quantitative "attributes" which are very subjective anyway

Eduardo IS INJURED, even Van Persie has played more minutes in the Premiership. Hardly going to score goals now is he? Shevchenko was a massive flop, ANELKA is the second striker. And Ronaldo is the key player in the manc side, they score goals from all over the pitch. And if you think setting the mark up to 25 to prove your point is clever, well either you're suggesting Crouch is better than Rooney, Tevez and the rest, or you've missing the point that they've scored nearly DOUBLE the number of goals Crouch has. And funnily enough the side top of the league has two strikers not far off 20 goals each to add to a midfielder with nearly 40, if the fact that the top scoring side is top of the league and has THREE players scoring goals that Crouch can only get in his best season, and with Ronaldo "and then some", then you're missing the point entirely.

What do Arsenal and Chelsea have in common with Liverpool? Chelsea aren't scoring enough goals which is hampering their title challenge, Arsenal are way off the pace and that could be blamed on the absences of RVP and Eduardo through injury.

Roll out the old "doesn't get enough games" line and I'll point out Crouch has managed 18 goals in a season for Liverpool and notched up 49 appearances. Plus you don't worry about how much time he spends on the pitch when he scores, then again that is Luton, Havant and Sunderland which when it's Voronin or Kuyt scoring is "only Luton, Havant and Sunderland"

You think he's worth £15m, you truly are deluded and your entire post doesn't indicate otherwise. That Adebayor and Eduardo cost about the same as Crouch and are better doesn't come into your thinking. You've set an arbitrary figure as the goals to be expected as if the fact that no team reaches this golden milestone means Crouch is good enough?!?!? Those players' value to their teams is much more than Crouch's, ask any fan (with a brain) who they'd have out of your list and only thosed biased in favour of Crouch would pick him.

And you must be slating Rafa, I mean this £15m striker he has he doesn't play, how stupid is he? ??? Or maybe he's tried Crouch over THREE seasons and worked out that the TEAM is better without him in it, while still using him because our resources are so poor he's about second best choice - and a poor man's second best choice at that

Premiership (Source : FPL)

Keane : 14 goals, 6 assists in 2809 mins
Berbatov : 15 goals, 11 assists in 2458 mins

Rooney : 11 goals, 11 assists in 2029 mins
Tevez : 13 goals, 6 assists in 2497 mins

Drogba : 8 goals, 4 assists in 1260 mins
Anelka : 11 goals, 8 assists in 2485 mins

Eduardo : 4 goals, 5 assists in 961 mins
Adebayor : 21 goals, 4 assists in 2707 mins

Torres : 22 goals, 3 assists in 2353 mins
Crouch : 4 goals, 3 assists in 839 mins

MINS/GOAL OR ASSIST*

107 Torres
129 Adebayor
158 Drogba
176 Keane
185 Rooney
188 Berbatov
193 Tevez
211 CROUCH
227 Anelka
242 Eduardo

*Minutes played divided by number of goals plus assists

I think who most people would want would run in a not disimilar order.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:48 am

Owzat wrote:Premiership (Source : FPL)

Keane : 14 goals, 6 assists in 2809 mins
Berbatov : 15 goals, 11 assists in 2458 mins

Rooney : 11 goals, 11 assists in 2029 mins
Tevez : 13 goals, 6 assists in 2497 mins

Drogba : 8 goals, 4 assists in 1260 mins
Anelka : 11 goals, 8 assists in 2485 mins

Eduardo : 4 goals, 5 assists in 961 mins
Adebayor : 21 goals, 4 assists in 2707 mins

Torres : 22 goals, 3 assists in 2353 mins
Crouch : 4 goals, 3 assists in 839 mins

MINS/GOAL OR ASSIST*

107 Torres
129 Adebayor
158 Drogba
176 Keane
185 Rooney
188 Berbatov
193 Tevez
211 CROUCH
227 Anelka
242 Eduardo

*Minutes played divided by number of goals plus assists

I think who most people would want would run in a not disimilar order.

purely out of interest, where does kuyts stats fit into all that?
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:38 pm

Thingy wrote:Crouch isnt good enough, but Kuyt is? Strikers are supposed to score goals. Crouch does. Its simple as that. So we get rid of a very good striker, not world class by any strech of the imagination but a very good one in Crouch, yet keep a poor poor forward. What happend to getting rid of stop gaps, squad players etc, the stop gap is going to stay, and the good player is out. Dosent make sense, does it?

Well u can't really compare can you? Kuyt is playing as a winger and as bias as u are u got to admit that he has done a brilliant job since beng moved there , Crouch is playing striker and can't play any where else other then that
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Im not bias mate, I just want quality players at this club, not marathon runners. He hasnt been brilliant imo, hes done a good job, not brilliant. And my point is Crouch is a better player than Kuyt in most areas, yet people want Kuyt to stay and Crouch to go? Sorry if I want very good / world class players at this club, unlike you, who would rather Paula Radcliffe be on the right wing.
Thingy

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Thingy wrote:Im not bias mate, I just want quality players at this club, not marathon runners. He hasnt been brilliant imo, hes done a good job, not brilliant. And my point is Crouch is a better player than Kuyt in most areas, yet people want Kuyt to stay and Crouch to go? Sorry if I want very good / world class players at this club, unlike you, who would rather Paula Radcliffe be on the right wing.

Well kuyt has done what most wingers have done this season , get goals and assist , comparing his stats with david bentely and you would see that they are around the same range. You don't need 11 world class players , do they mancs have 11 world class? Arsenal? , Kuyt works hard and even though he gets goals and put in decent crosses he still gets lambasted?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion