Perspective needed...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:31 pm

John Barnes wrote:ok Lando, i forgot the Arsenal home game 2-1 but couldnt remember ever single result off the top of my excellent football brain.

thats still only 2 wins out of 14 in the so-called big games.

The same excellent footballing brain that says Matteo and Berger are world class.

The same one that makes you think you are actually better than Danny Murphy? Its a disgrace that you're allowed to post on this forum you little blurt.

I really feel sorry for your family having to associate with t**ts like you.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:33 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
John Barnes wrote:ok Lando, i forgot the Arsenal home game 2-1 but couldnt remember ever single result off the top of my excellent football brain.

The same excellent footballing brain that says Matteo and Berger are world class.

The same one that makes you think you are actually better than Danny Murphy? Its a disgrace that you're allowed to post on this forum you little blurt.

Stiff words.  :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
columbia

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:34 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:After that game all our good work is now out of the window and we're rubbish. Crouch is not good enough, we need a right winger, we need this, we need that, this must change etc etc etc.

Wrong.

What happened against them horrible bastards was more confirmation that we are clearly going in the right direction.

Does that sound silly? Well hear me out.

At the start of this season we struggled to score goals. Really struggled. Everyone was saying how we needed a winger and a striker. Nothing has changed, however these mumurings went very quiet during our winning run. We played some excellent stuff, scored plenty of goals an kept numorous clean sheets.

The "problems" were still there. There were games (such as Newcastle) where we wiped the floor with them and could have had 5 or 6, yet it finished 2-0. However the critics went quiet. To be fair, i've said for most of the season we will struggle to score goals against the better sides at present and i stand by that. We don't yet have the capability to do to teams like Chelsea what they done to us. If we did beat them we'd win 1-0. We don't have the amunition to score twice past the better sides in my opinion.

However, we shown yesterday and have shown against Chelsea that we can now control games against the better sides. We've shown we can create chances against them and cause them problems. We've shown that they struggle to create chances against us but we also shown we are still not the finished article.

We're getting there, two players is all we need imo.

What we've now got is a system that is working but needs fine tuning and the correct players integrated into it without having to change much.

I believe we need more pace. However not in the front line. We need a right winger who has pace to burn, its a shame Overmars isn't 10 years younger :D . We need a lad who has the pace to get in behind and help us on counter attacks, however we need someone with skill and the ability to contribute defensively aswell. Kewell has won his place back in my opinion now and is making the left hand side his again, against that lot the other day things didn't go for him but the effort was good and he was willing again which to me says he's finally turned the corner.

As for the striker i don't believe we need a pacey one, more a poacher with the ability to link up and make clever passes to on running players. Someone with immense finishing prowess, exellent technique and character. I feel a player like this (yes i am talking about a certain premiership striker) will suit the system perfectly as he'll have runners to link up with, he'll get chances in and outside the box, he'll get space and he's able to link with other players intelligently. He'll also get crosses from Finnan, Gerrard, Kewell, Warnock when he plays and hopefully a new winger. This player was at his best in a counter attacking side that attacked down the wings and dilivered crosses for him, i think he'd suit this system down to the ground.

I genuinely believe two players like these wouldn't upset the balance and system and would be the right type of players. One of them won't cost much money either and has a couple of years left in him.

Infact if anything they'd improve the balance of the side and would certainly help us make the next step up.

We aren't far away as it is, Rafa will improve these positions with his players, hopefully one of them will be the one every true red wants to see back in a Liverpool shirt.

Couldn't agree more, but maybe you should read your own posts before calling other people out.

Exhibit A - your tirade against Cisse, over reaction or what ?

Exhibit B - your demands that we buy Bullard after two good games, over reaction or what ?

Exhibit C - your request that we sign Joaquin, over reaction or what ?

So whats you're point? We need a right mid and Cisse isn't good enough... Thats what i've basically just said, thats in perspective, so what exactly are you getting at? ???

I mean that you emplore people not to over react with a bad result, yet you are one of the worst at doing just that.

Thats :censored: lad.
115-1073096938

Postby drummerphil » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:35 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

bit stiff that Stu,i find a quick feck off twát often works.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:00 pm

phew, normal service is resumed by stu :nod  for a while i thought the world was all going mad  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:41 pm

This is only a discussion forum for football, can you not handle people with different views than yourself?, That's bang out of order ya little :censored:. Grow up.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlanHansen

Postby John Barnes » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:00 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Do-one Hustler, no-one cares what you have to say.

And i could say the same to you Stu. Have a little respect for other posters. We are here to share our opinions not block them out.

Only people do care what i have to say, so shut you're stupid cockney mouth and support one of your 20 local teams.

bav london, you make a good point.

this fowler basher has little respect for real fans, with much better knowledge.

he cant see past his robbie fowler pyjamas/ wall paper/ lunchbox.

Hustler? what planet on you on boyo.

its obvious you have no mates.
try...www. NOfriendsreunited.co.uk
John Barnes

Postby John Barnes » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:10 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Now lets peruse some other stats for a moment, shall we?

LFC record 2004-2006:

Team played      Times        W             L                D

Monaco                2            1             1                 0
Olympiacos            2            1             1                0
Deportivo La Cor     2            1             0                1
----------------
Beyer Leverkusen    2           2              0                 0
Juventus                2           1              0                1
Sh*tski                  5           1              3                 1
----------------
Ac Milan                  1          1              0                0

If we are gonna start going into all that, what were our stats in the league that season? 30+ points adrift, lower than Everton, lost about 14 games or more.
The above stats dont take into account certain events during a game that could have turned events dramaticlly. (olympiacos hit the bar, del piero scored perfect header, given offside, juve hit the post away, ibrahimovich missed a sitter, shevchenko-offside goal 1st half when he was level.) those stats dont tell you the details of the game.
depends how far you want to scrape the barrell.

*Club Tropicana - gays only.

well lends us your membership card, and i'll pop down and give it a butchers.
:D
John Barnes

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:51 pm

(olympiacos hit the bar, del piero scored perfect header, given offside, juve hit the post away, ibrahimovich missed a sitter, shevchenko-offside goal 1st half when he was level.)

Should I watch the season review dvd to count how many times we've hit the bar/post in the Champions League? Should I also count how many sitters Baros and Cisse missed? Should I count Saviola's goal against us, which was controlled with his hand prior to him putting into the net?

Please leave the forum without further emberassing yourself.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:05 pm

A.B. wrote:
(olympiacos hit the bar, del piero scored perfect header, given offside, juve hit the post away, ibrahimovich missed a sitter, shevchenko-offside goal 1st half when he was level.)

Should I watch the season review dvd to count how many times we've hit the bar/post in the Champions League? Should I also count how many sitters Baros and Cisse missed? Should I count Saviola's goal against us, which was controlled with his hand prior to him putting into the net?

Please leave the forum without further emberassing yourself.

A.B. you can't honestly expect anything less of him surely?

We all know what he is. Its a disgrace he's allowed to post on here after whats gone on in the past.
115-1073096938

Postby John Barnes » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:00 am

your barking up the wrong tree.

how wrong you are, and not just your football knowledge
John Barnes

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:48 am

John Barnes wrote:your barking up the wrong tree.

how wrong you are, and not just your football knowledge

Obviously a manc and a windup. Probably a chav as well. Ignore, and the hobbitt will feck off back to the Man Ure forums.

This place smells of Diaponeer's!
Last edited by el_stinger on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red squirrel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:01 am

Judge wrote:hey scrotum, check this out:

:eyebrow

THATS CLASS JUDGE!!!
Red squirrel

Postby Red squirrel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:20 am

Ive been away for a few weeks but ive just read this thread from start to finish and have to say i need a new pair of boxers as ive just :censored: meself!

Some real rants there boys!!!
Red squirrel

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:26 am

John Barnes wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Now lets peruse some other stats for a moment, shall we?

LFC record 2004-2006:

Team played      Times        W             L                D

Monaco                2            1             1                 0
Olympiacos            2            1             1                0
Deportivo La Cor     2            1             0                1
----------------
Beyer Leverkusen    2           2              0                 0
Juventus                2           1              0                1
Sh*tski                  5           1              3                 1
----------------
Ac Milan                  1          1              0                0

If we are gonna start going into all that, what were our stats in the league that season? 30+ points adrift, lower than Everton, lost about 14 games or more.
The above stats dont take into account certain events during a game that could have turned events dramaticlly. (olympiacos hit the bar, del piero scored perfect header, given offside, juve hit the post away, ibrahimovich missed a sitter, shevchenko-offside goal 1st half when he was level.) those stats dont tell you the details of the game.
depends how far you want to scrape the barrell.

*Club Tropicana - gays only.

well lends us your membership card, and i'll pop down and give it a butchers.
:D

No - lets not.

You want to see everything through your manure-tinted spectacles, I do not thankyou so very much.

If you insist on looking at "offsides, disallowed goals, etc, etc" - we f*cking missed plenty vs Monaco away - enough chances to win the game. Ergo, you pathetic parasite pimp, we would have qualified regardless of the Olympiacos result.

Do you like that, you mucus-filled anal kebab?

And regarding our poor "30 point" gap, and finishing below Neverton - WE WERE CONNED OUT OF SO MANY F*CKING GOALS, WE HAD THE WORST INJURY LIST IN THE HISTORY OF TOP-FLIGHT FOOTBALL, OUR MANAGER WAS NEW AND NEVERTON HAD THEIR BEST EVER PREMIERSHIP SEASON, DELUDING THEMSELVES THAT SOMEHOW A 3-POINT GAP CONSTITUTED THAM BEING A BETTER SIDE.

2-1 SAYS DIFFERENT. 1-3 AT GOODISON SAYS DIFFERENT.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005 SAYS DIFFERENT.

Regarding your pathetic claims about disallowed goals, etc.

Luis Garcia had at least 5 goals ruled out for offside when they were legitimate.
one at Bolton on his debut - we lost 1-0 - should have been 1-1.
1 extra point.

We had 1700 penalty appeals turned down vs Sh*tski.
We lost both league matches 1-0. We would have at the very least won one 2-1, and drawn at Shatford Bridge 1-1.
4 extra points.

We battered Deportivo La Coruna in both legs to the point where they were hanging on from start to finish. We won one, drew the other. 1-0 at least, I'd say.
3 extra points in CL - finish top of group before we played Olympiacos.

Several other games where we hit the bar/post/had a goal chalked off wrongly:
10 extra points.

So now - at least 15 points were lost due to inept reffing, or because you see  that hitting a bar deserves a goal.

Right ho.

So we actually finished on 73 points, 12 above Neverton, and the mith that they were the "best club on Merseyside" can finally be laid to rest.

Thankyou JB. :nod

Oh and BTW - my membership is for the Blue Oyster - I'm more into bondage.  :eyebrow

You f*cking rectal ejaculation.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion