Perspective needed...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:22 am

John Barnes wrote:And finally, people in here (stu the red and lando) talking of re-signing fowler. You've just proved you know nothing about football beyond all doubt.

I guess that's me all told-off and put in my place!

I'd better go sit in the corner and drink a milkshake while I beat my meat over a Kays catalogue.
:sniffle  :down:

:no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:45 am

John Barnes wrote:I did watch the AC milan game, apart from the 15 minute spell second half when the "Miracle" happened, thereafter MIlan were the likely winners over 120 mins, and should have won with that shevchenko chance. I also thought Stevie Dived for the pen, he fell like he had been shot. and dudek was four yards off his line for the pirlo penalty.If they had been Milan incidents versus LFC I would have been fuming.

It was a 5 minute spell, windup!

Firstly, if you watched the game in full, you would have noticed that both teams had equal chances, Milan put theirs away.

So what that Dudek was off his line, its over, rock n roll, we have the Euro Cup, you don't, kiss my @ss!

Stevie was clipped in the box!!!! To say he dived, is a wind up, and you would get beaten if you said that in a pub!

Dudek saved Sheva all night, the free kick, the miracle 2 saves, the penalty to win the cup, don't say anything else, you got beans!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:54 am

Yeah John Barnes - you got mail:

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:06 am

John Barnes wrote:Never mind the excuses "we should have won this game, we should have won that game, we had more chances, we had total possession" it's all cr*p. the fact is we didnt win.

so why do you then proceed to tell us at great length why and how we shouldn't have beaten milan in istanbul?

windup tit
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:23 am

John Barnes wrote: :D

some of the characters in here, you have to laugh.

This is aimed at A.B.

Just because Rafa won la liga, doesnt mean he is destined to win the prem. What if he doesnt in 5 years? he is by no means GOD. the past does in no way influence the future.

First of all he needs to learn how to beat the big three in "6 pointer" games.

Since Rafa has been in charge to date:

Versus Arsenal:  Played: 2  Won:0   Drawn:1   Lost:1
Versus Man Utd  Played:4   Won:0   Drawn:2   Lost: 2
Versus Chelsea   Played:8   won:1   Drawn:5   Lost:2
(4 Champions league, 3 league, 1 Carling cup)

I think thats correct, im sure we lost at highbury last season.

So total:      P: 14   Won:1    Drawn:8    Lost: 5

Never mind the excuses "we should have won this game, we should have won that game, we had more chances, we had total possession" it's all cr*p. the fact is we didnt win.

If you want to win the title, you need to beat the teams around you.

I did watch the AC milan game, apart from the 15 minute spell second half when the "Miracle" happened, thereafter MIlan were the likely winners over 120 mins, and should have won with that shevchenko chance. I also thought Stevie Dived for the pen, he fell like he had been shot. and dudek was four yards off his line for the pirlo penalty.If they had been Milan incidents versus LFC I would have been fuming.

So lets not get into that.

And finally, people in here (stu the red and lando) talking of re-signing fowler. You've just proved you know nothing about football beyond all doubt.

I've had some laughs:
:D  :D

deju moo

Same old Bull    :sleep
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby John Barnes » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:12 pm

ok Lando, i forgot the Arsenal home game 2-1 but couldnt remember ever single result off the top of my excellent football brain.

thats still only 2 wins out of 14 in the so-called big games.
John Barnes

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:20 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Do-one Hustler, no-one cares what you have to say.

And i could say the same to you Stu. Have a little respect for other posters. We are here to share our opinions not block them out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:23 pm

This is aimed at A.B.

Just because Rafa won la liga, doesnt mean he is destined to win the prem. What if he doesnt in 5 years? he is by no means GOD. the past does in no way influence the future.

Never mind the excuses "we should have won this game, we should have won that game, we had more chances, we had total possession" it's all cr*p. the fact is we didnt win.

I did watch the AC milan game, apart from the 15 minute spell second half when the "Miracle" happened, thereafter MIlan were the likely winners over 120 mins, and should have won with that shevchenko chance. I also thought Stevie Dived for the pen, he fell like he had been shot. and dudek was four yards off his line for the pirlo penalty.If they had been Milan incidents versus LFC I would have been fuming.

And finally, people in here (stu the red and lando) talking of re-signing fowler. You've just proved you know nothing about football beyond all doubt.

I've had some laughs:

You forget that we are in a stage of rebuilding. Winning the CL last year did not mean that we will challange this year at Chelseas heels. If you look at some of this years games compared to last years you will see that we have improved a lot since. We lost to Man Utd twice last season but this season we drew and lost. However in both game you can see we controlled them and had chances to claim the three points.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:44 pm

This is aimed at A.B.

I've had some laughs:

I'm not going to bother reading all that, biggest load of b#llocks I've seen based on the first sentence.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:28 pm

John Barnes wrote:ok Lando, i forgot the Arsenal home game 2-1 but couldnt remember ever single result off the top of my excellent football brain.

thats still only 2 wins out of 14 in the so-called big games.

Wow!!!!

Now compare Man U and Arsenal's W/L/D ratio.

Excellent football brain, but cannot remember a pivotal result that is still discussed from last season?

Get back to your sewer, ratboy.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:44 pm

This is aimed at A.B.

I've had some laughs:

Now lets peruse some other stats for a moment, shall we?

LFC record 2004-2006:

Team played      Times        W             L                D

Monaco                2            1             1                 0
Olympiacos            2            1             1                0
Deportivo La Cor     2            1             0                1
----------------
Beyer Leverkusen    2           2              0                 0
Juventus                2           1              0                1
Sh*tski                  5           1              3                 1
----------------
Ac Milan                  1          1              0                0

-------------------------

LFC - Champions League Winners.

Sh*tski - English Champs - sorry as*ed losers in CL.

Arsenal - FA Cup winners - sorry as*ed losers in CL.

Man U - sorry as*ed losers.

------------------------------

Now JB - you reckon LFC were lucky on 25th May 2005.
You seem to believe, in your own deluded little world, that we clawed back 3 goals against the second best European side (ourselves being Numero Uno, ofcourse), due to sheer dumb luck?

No, no, friend.

Man U beating Beyern Munich 2-1(a game you no doubt watched wearing the red of its participants), with two last minute strikes after recieving a pummelling second only to that your lot recieved on Sunday, is lucky. You b*stard. You f*cking hussy.

Go away, book a tour of Anfield, and cream your pants over the trophy we so generously allowed your backstreet hovel of a club* to w*nk over in '99.

Then run under a bus.

You know it makes sense.

*Club Tropicana - gays only.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:39 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:After that game all our good work is now out of the window and we're rubbish. Crouch is not good enough, we need a right winger, we need this, we need that, this must change etc etc etc.

Wrong.

What happened against them horrible bastards was more confirmation that we are clearly going in the right direction.

Does that sound silly? Well hear me out.

At the start of this season we struggled to score goals. Really struggled. Everyone was saying how we needed a winger and a striker. Nothing has changed, however these mumurings went very quiet during our winning run. We played some excellent stuff, scored plenty of goals an kept numorous clean sheets.

The "problems" were still there. There were games (such as Newcastle) where we wiped the floor with them and could have had 5 or 6, yet it finished 2-0. However the critics went quiet. To be fair, i've said for most of the season we will struggle to score goals against the better sides at present and i stand by that. We don't yet have the capability to do to teams like Chelsea what they done to us. If we did beat them we'd win 1-0. We don't have the amunition to score twice past the better sides in my opinion.

However, we shown yesterday and have shown against Chelsea that we can now control games against the better sides. We've shown we can create chances against them and cause them problems. We've shown that they struggle to create chances against us but we also shown we are still not the finished article.

We're getting there, two players is all we need imo.

What we've now got is a system that is working but needs fine tuning and the correct players integrated into it without having to change much.

I believe we need more pace. However not in the front line. We need a right winger who has pace to burn, its a shame Overmars isn't 10 years younger :D . We need a lad who has the pace to get in behind and help us on counter attacks, however we need someone with skill and the ability to contribute defensively aswell. Kewell has won his place back in my opinion now and is making the left hand side his again, against that lot the other day things didn't go for him but the effort was good and he was willing again which to me says he's finally turned the corner.

As for the striker i don't believe we need a pacey one, more a poacher with the ability to link up and make clever passes to on running players. Someone with immense finishing prowess, exellent technique and character. I feel a player like this (yes i am talking about a certain premiership striker) will suit the system perfectly as he'll have runners to link up with, he'll get chances in and outside the box, he'll get space and he's able to link with other players intelligently. He'll also get crosses from Finnan, Gerrard, Kewell, Warnock when he plays and hopefully a new winger. This player was at his best in a counter attacking side that attacked down the wings and dilivered crosses for him, i think he'd suit this system down to the ground.

I genuinely believe two players like these wouldn't upset the balance and system and would be the right type of players. One of them won't cost much money either and has a couple of years left in him.

Infact if anything they'd improve the balance of the side and would certainly help us make the next step up.

We aren't far away as it is, Rafa will improve these positions with his players, hopefully one of them will be the one every true red wants to see back in a Liverpool shirt.

Couldn't agree more, but maybe you should read your own posts before calling other people out.

Exhibit A - your tirade against Cisse, over reaction or what ?

Exhibit B - your demands that we buy Bullard after two good games, over reaction or what ?

Exhibit C - your request that we sign Joaquin, over reaction or what ?

So whats you're point? We need a right mid and Cisse isn't good enough... Thats what i've basically just said, thats in perspective, so what exactly are you getting at? ???

I mean that you emplore people not to over react with a bad result, yet you are one of the worst at doing just that.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:45 pm

the part of being a fan is over reacting at the time tho. whats the point in following a team if u r not passionate?
personally i havent slated cisse yet, coz i like the guy. theres something hes doing wrnog, but its not his ability, and when we sell hmi i think it'll biteus on the a$$

of course wed love a right winger, as cover as whatever.

a striker would be lovely too. but if we buy all these, arent we becoming just as bad as cheatski?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:10 pm

Some notes from this post.

1. john barns you are a bell end!

2. no matter how much people would like it robbie is never coming back

3. it is every football fans divine right to over react and shout abuse, but by the time you get on here you should have calmed down and talk sense.

4. rafa knows we are short up front(not height wise)and will strenghten when he can, he has let anyone hang around who is detrimental to his squad

5. our progress is constant at the moment and sustainable with the squad we have i believe we will be a shoe in for second and a good run in both cups.

6. mancs are scum and it is funny when lando gives them abuse.

7. stu is obsessed with robbie

8. hustler/john barn or who ever never get tired of being abused. why do it? for attention did your mum not hug you enough
:D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Do-one Hustler, no-one cares what you have to say.

And i could say the same to you Stu. Have a little respect for other posters. We are here to share our opinions not block them out.

Only people do care what i have to say, so shut you're stupid cockney mouth and support one of your 20 local teams.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion