Perspective needed...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:33 am

stu_the_red wrote:
tel wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
tel wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I agree with you in some respects about spending large amounts of wonger to get a top class player Tel.
But there are two major factors that dont allow us to do this, one, we cannot afford it. Two, we all know now what Rafa's policy is in the transfer market. He will not go and do " a Houllier" , he doesnt work that way, slow and steady wins the race my friend.

If you look back at this time last year we had recently lost to Southampton 2-0 and we're appalling ,twelve months later we've won the CL and are now fighting it out with ManU for second place,- oh as well as competing in the CL. So you see we have come on leaps and bounds since then, this time next year we may find ourselves even better placed.

Rafa cannot go and splash cash willy nilly and the fans have to be patient he has to be sure when buying a player. I agree with you that we lack a goal poacher someone like Fowler , but for now the huge big bulk of the team is set in place and its the last couple of pieces to the jigsaw we are waiting on, but in the meatime I think we'll be ok. :)

We are not just doing alright in the meantime, we are doing wonders.

All I'm saying is yes, there's only a couple of pieces in the jigsaw left. And one of those is a top class striker.

Since Rafa came on board, we've had hits and misses in the transfer market. Josemi, Pellegrino. Even guys like Garcia are hit and miss. Zenden may be good on a free, but anyone want to embarrass themselves by saying he's a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo or Arjen Robben?

His great transfer success is Xavi Alonso. Who, incidentally, is also the most expensive transfer he has done. And who says it aint about the money?

Ok sorry, we are doing wonders.

Tell me what manager doesnt have hits and misses ?

I think you'll find almost as quick as Pelle and Josemi came in they went out. I wouldnt say Garcia is a hit and miss signing not at all, his game can be a bit hit and miss at times but when he's hit or hot he is vital to the team. ( But I do say he can be very frustrating to watch).

Tel I think your right in some respects about the last picecs of the jigsaw, maybe one should be big or world class money buy.
Maybe Rafa will do this in the summer, but whatever he does do will be for the good of the team. Whether he spends big or small, unearthing young cheapish kind of talent is a longer process and for instant success the better odds would be to fork out a bit more and buy what you know so to speak. But I doubt Rafa will do this and go about things more shrewdishly.

If there is an expectation on this board that Rafa should focus on developing a young unproven and (low cost) pool of talent into a dominating side across Europe, then they're mistaken. That wont be enough.

The side he had at Valencia was packed with superstars. Not just the best players in the Spanish league, but I would argue some of them were and still may be the best in the world in their respective positions.

His central midfield 2 Abelda and Baraja are the 2 best in Spain. They kept Alonso out of the starting line up at Euro 04. I would have them together with Gerrard and Ballack in the top 10 midfielders in the world.

Aimar is the best talent to come out of Argentina since Maradona. Not my words, Maradona's.

Anyone want to argue whether Ayala is not the best defender in Spain? He is regarded as the best from South America.

How about Vicente? One of the best left sided players in the world.

Each one of these players is 15m+ in pricing.

How many players in the current Liverpool team are worth 15m+ ???

Gerrard, Alonso.... who else?

And how much did Gerrard cost?

My point exactly. Moving on...

Stu, you are not a stupid guy, and your football knowledge is not under question.

So we're not going to debate about something we already agree on.

We are not arguing whether a club needs to develop its own talent. We are arguing that this is not the only thing it should do.

Of course the day to day of the club is to unearth talent like Gerrard and young henry's playing on the wing at Juventus and not getting a game. Only Chelsea and Madrid can buy the best players in ervery position. And we see that it works for one of them and not the other.

What we're arguing about is complementing the development of new unproven talent with one big money signing. Lets stick to that argument OK, because its annoying arguing about what is already agreed, and my friggn fingers dont type that fast.
tel

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:34 am

tel wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
tel wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:tel - shut up.

You are yakking out of your a*sehole lad.

Ronaldinho was offered to Man U for £12m - hardly a record fee.

Henry was signed for peanuts, as was Viera.

You say "so what - it's the now that counts" - stop humiliating yourself.

Unless you are a state-funded, or sugar-daddied club, you can't go around spending stupid money on players who are "proven" in other leagues. "Proven", I might add, like Morientes, Luque, Veron, Drogba, Crespo and Kezman. Not forgetting Cisse (In France).

Thicker than a triple thick sandwich of thick ham, thick mustard, a thick wedge of cheese and all encased in extra thick crusty bread.  :no

Stop felching yourself matie. You'd make more sense if your head was were its supposed to be. So take it out so we can discuss properly.

If you are state funded or sugar daddy, you buy the most expensive player in every position.

We're only arguing about one position. The striker's. And we can develop all the young talent we want over the next 50 years, but if you ask me whether I think we're going to take it to the likes of Chelsea or Madrid to domiate Europe over the next 5 years with the likes of Crouch, I say you're more likely to do it with the likes of Crespo or Etto.

Never has the word "imbecile" been so apt as to describe you, tel.

Are you implying to me that Sh*tski have the best players in the World in EVERY position?

Because I would suggest a hard slap around your face if you are, sunshine.

Let's see if you can battle through your apparant mental limitations, and somehow understand the following sentence (in layman's terms, ofcourse - just for you  :;): ):

We have no got money for big player.

To everyone else:

Liverpool FC do not have sufficient funds to purchase a striker for vast amounts of money.

Any better, tel?  ???

Chelsea, overwhelmingly more than any other team in club football have bought the best player playing in that position. Not in every position, not yet anyway, but their goal is to achieve that.

Cech, best goalkeeper
Terry, best central defender
makalele, best holding midfielder
Lampard, arguably on current form, best central midfielder
Crespo, this is always subjective, and the upcoming world cup may prove who is the best, but you do the rounds of the best club managers, and most would have Crespo ahead of a lot of other strikers.
Robben/Duff, close to if not the best talent in wide positions. In the premiership, that is a cert. Only Ronaldo from the mancs can come close to them.

Name me another team that has this many and then I can give you the cigar. Its a healthier thing to put in your mouth than the pink straw your using

Tel it seems you have an infatuation with Chelsea lad.

I can see Rafa running us even closer next year in terms of title contenders and doing it with his transfer policy.
Dont forget he also did it with Valencia against all odds over Barca and Madrid.
66-1112520797

Postby tel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:36 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
tel wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
tel wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
tel wrote:
A.B. wrote:
tel wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Precisely Dawson.

It's not about hype and price, it's about the right qualities in the right areas.

Its not about price? Why do you think players like Ronaldinho or Henry cost big money??? Because they guarentee you goals and points and trophies.

Ronaldinho is THE biggest difference between a Barca team that hadnt won a trophy for many years, and the won that did last year. If you didnt see the Barca game against Madrid this season when they played in Madrid, I suggest you get a copy. Then come back to me and talk about players and what they cost. Those 2 teams hate each other as much (nearly anyway) as we hate the mancs. And they friggn clapped him.

What is Arsenal without Henry? Would they have been an unbeaten team 2 seasons ago? You look at the past 5 seasons we've played them. Who is the difference between the 2 teams? Lehman?

Barcelona did pay a hefty amount of money for Ronaldinho, but that was because he was doing well for PSG and had a great World Cup run. However, Arsenal payed peanuts compared to what he's worth now. Remember, Henry was a winger it wasn't until he signed for Arsenal that Wenger converted him into a striker.

He was unknown and didn't cost much but look at the impact he made. So technically it's not all about the price, it wasn't at the time. Of course after all the years at Arsenal he's improved and his price has rised. But just because a player costs a great amount of money, it doesn't necesseraly guarantee anything.

I'm not talking about what he cost then. Its a different discussion why we have not been able to unearth young foreign talent in the past like Henry.

I am talking about what he costs NOW. He costs a bundle because he is a proven talent that would guarentee goals and trophies whatever league he is playing in. And he is worth every pound.

Right and you don't think its acceptable for Liverpool to uncover that sort of talent? They have to go out and buy it at its top price? I'm sorry but very few teams can afford to do that and we're not one of them.

What if we go and sign Adriano from Inter for 25million (being generous) then he breaks his leg in his first month or gets his career ended? Where are we then? I'll tell you... shits creek is where because if we done that we certainly couldn't afford to replace him.

Do you think players like Rush came here with "proven talent"?

Its all rubbish what you're saying and your arguement holds very little weight if any at all.

Thanks for bringing up Ian Rush so we can end this.

When Ian Rush went to Juventus, we didnt just buy one player to replace him, we bought 3. And they were the 3 best players in the league to be exact.

Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge.

2 of them, were the 2 best attacking players in the league. And they cost top dollar. And they year they joined, we won the double for the first time. Only the 2nd team to ever achieve it.

And we still had Kenny with his boots on on the bench in case one of them broke their legs.

Ian Rush wasnt a proven talent, but John Barnes and Peter Beardsley were, and they cost 2m+ in those days each which is 20+ in todays terms. And look at what an immediate impact they had and what that a team that was!

Do you not realise that we could afford to pay those prices then, but we can't compete with the top level bidders now.

Are you understanding yet?

Are you saying we couldnt afford 16m for Michael Owen and Newcastle could, or is it that we just didnt want to pay it?

So you think it's a good idea to sell a player for £8m, then buy him back 12 months later for more than double that, do you?

That word "imbecile" seems to be cropping up a lot around you, tel.  ???  :O

No, you're the one crying we dont have any money, we are the leagues poorest club and cant afford a big signing. And I'm saying we could afford Owen, we just didnt want to spend it under those circumstances.

We have more money than Newcastle. We had the money for Owen.

And you my friend, are a g imp
tel

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:39 am

tel wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
tel wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
tel wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I agree with you in some respects about spending large amounts of wonger to get a top class player Tel.
But there are two major factors that dont allow us to do this, one, we cannot afford it. Two, we all know now what Rafa's policy is in the transfer market. He will not go and do " a Houllier" , he doesnt work that way, slow and steady wins the race my friend.

If you look back at this time last year we had recently lost to Southampton 2-0 and we're appalling ,twelve months later we've won the CL and are now fighting it out with ManU for second place,- oh as well as competing in the CL. So you see we have come on leaps and bounds since then, this time next year we may find ourselves even better placed.

Rafa cannot go and splash cash willy nilly and the fans have to be patient he has to be sure when buying a player. I agree with you that we lack a goal poacher someone like Fowler , but for now the huge big bulk of the team is set in place and its the last couple of pieces to the jigsaw we are waiting on, but in the meatime I think we'll be ok. :)

All I'm saying is yes, there's only a couple of pieces in the jigsaw left. And one of those is a top class striker.

Since Rafa came on board, we've had hits and misses in the transfer market. Josemi, Pellegrino. Even guys like Garcia are hit and miss. Zenden may be good on a free, but anyone want to embarrass themselves by saying he's a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo or Arjen Robben?

His great transfer success is Xavi Alonso. Who, incidentally, is also the most expensive transfer he has done. And who says it aint about the money?

I think you'll find almost as quick as Pelle and Josemi came in they went out. I wouldnt say Garcia is a hit and miss signing not at all, his game can be a bit hit and miss at times but when he's hit or hot he is vital to the team. ( But I do say he can be very frustrating to watch).

Tel I think your right in some respects about the last picecs of the jigsaw, maybe one should be big or world class money buy.
Maybe Rafa will do this in the summer, but whatever he does do will be for the good of the team. Whether he spends big or small, unearthing young cheapish kind of talent is a longer process and for instant success the better odds would be to fork out a bit more and buy what you know so to speak. But I doubt Rafa will do this and go about things more shrewdishly.

If there is an expectation on this board that Rafa should focus on developing a young unproven and (low cost) pool of talent into a dominating side across Europe, then they're mistaken. That wont be enough.

The side he had at Valencia was packed with superstars. Not just the best players in the Spanish league, but I would argue some of them were and still may be the best in the world in their respective positions.

His central midfield 2 Abelda and Baraja are the 2 best in Spain. They kept Alonso out of the starting line up at Euro 04. I would have them together with Gerrard and Ballack in the top 10 midfielders in the world.

Aimar is the best talent to come out of Argentina since Maradona. Not my words, Maradona's.

Anyone want to argue whether Ayala is not the best defender in Spain? He is regarded as the best from South America.

Stu, you are not a stupid guy, and your football knowledge is not under question.

We are not arguing whether a club needs to develop its own talent. We are arguing that this is not the only thing it should do.

Of course the day to day of the club is to unearth talent like Gerrard and young henry's playing on the wing at Juventus and not getting a game. Only Chelsea and Madrid can buy the best players in ervery position. And we see that it works for one of them and not the other.

What we're arguing about is complementing the development of new unproven talent with one big money signing. Lets stick to that argument OK, because its annoying arguing about what is already agreed, and my friggn fingers dont type that fast.

So if you say this Tel why do you keep harping on about the big money Chelsea have spent in every position.

Because that comment I've just quoted you on is a fair one and I'd agree .

I to type like a tortoise  :D
66-1112520797

Postby tel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:41 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
tel wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
tel wrote:

Maradonna has said the same about virtually every Argentine forward/AM since he retired, you docile prat.

So then - Vicente - better than Nedved?

Baraja and Albeda - top ten, NOT 1st and 2nd.

Ayala - at the time quite possibly the best CB in the world.

Aimar was being touted round for £5m last summer, you gimp.

Where is your sense, lad?
Do you research your posts, or just type whatever you want to be the truth?

Either way, you are a berk.

I am a berk and you are a gimp

and you need to lay off disrescpeting and calling me lad. I'm in my 40s and in all likelihood older than someone who uses a nic he probably pinched by watching a Harry Potter film.

When you see Liverpool win their first double, come back and talk to me. Until then, you'd earn more respect on the board by posting on topics you know more about.
tel

Postby tel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:56 am

stu_the_red wrote:Two of Liverpool FC's best ever players, Rush and Keegan, came from Chester and Scunthorpe.

Players that come in, have certain qualities, are footballers and are integrated into a team. What this does is it completes a side, making them better in all departments. We lack a bit of pace down the right, we lack a poacher. We lack good footballers. Fowler is a good footballer, Pennant and Bullard are good footballers.

These players know how to pass to a team mate, unlike the likes of Cisse, Sissoko and Traore. They pass to team mates in space, they use football ability in footballing situation.

These are't useless atheletes or whatever. They are fotballers. The likes of Crespo? Right Crespo is WORLD CLASS FINISHER and excellent goalscorer. He's a good alround player. He doesn't have Ashton's ability to play with his back to goal, he doesn't have his strength, his passing awarness or his heading ability.

You don't have to spend big to sign quality, you don't need to sign big names to sign quality.

Who'd heard of Sami Hyypia? 3m. Patrick Vieira? 3.5m. Peter Schmeichal? 500k. Nicolas Anelka 500k. Infact i could probably name a team of immensely talented players over the last 10 years that have moved for between 15-20million with most of those players being good enough to walk into every side in the country.

Who thought at 7million, the same price United paid for Cole Arsenal would sign one of the premierships best ever players?

Who would have thought Phillips from Watford would move to Sunderland for 500k and score 30 LEAGUE goals in a season?

Tel, if i wasn't tired lad, i'd go on all night and wipe the floor with you and give you hundreds of reasons and detailed ones about who we could sign, what they'd bring etc etc etc. But the fact is, i'm fucked, goodnight!

If you think we are a club that should never be in the market for top class talent and should depend on unearthing the next Henry or Schmeicel or Viera, well for every one of those there are 500 hundred like Bruno Cheyrou (the next Zidane), Cisse (the next Henry), Le Tallec (the next Pires), Traore (the next Thuram)....

For every reason you come back with, I'll give you 10 players that didnt make it. Pennant being one of them. What did Wenger pay for him from Notts County? Most expensive teenager ever?

Watch a couple of Juventus games and then come back and tell me Ashton holds the ball with his back to goal better than Ibrahimovic.

Class is class, the best talent wins championships, and if we have a top class striker instead of Crouch and Cisse, we will be unstoppable. The other pieces are already there.
tel

Postby tel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:58 am

Bamaga man wrote:
tel wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
tel wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
tel wrote:

So if you say this Tel why do you keep harping on about the big money Chelsea have spent in every position.

Because that comment I've just quoted you on is a fair one and I'd agree .

I to type like a tortoise  :D

Hi matey, I'm not saying we should spend Chelsea money. I'm saying we should buy one of the top 5 strikers in the world. One position, not all positions. That's all.
tel

Postby tel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:06 am

Bamaga man wrote:
tel wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
tel wrote:

Unless you are a state-funded, or sugar-daddied club, you can't go around spending stupid money on players who are "proven" in other leagues. "Proven", I might add, like Morientes, Luque, Veron, Drogba, Crespo and Kezman. Not forgetting Cisse (In France).

Thicker than a triple thick sandwich of thick ham, thick mustard, a thick wedge of cheese and all encased in extra thick crusty bread.  :no

Stop felching yourself matie. You'd make more sense if your head was were its supposed to be. So take it out so we can discuss properly.

If you are state funded or sugar daddy, you buy the most expensive player in every position.

We're only arguing about one position. The striker's. And we can develop all the young talent we want over the next 50 years, but if you ask me whether I think we're going to take it to the likes of Chelsea or Madrid to domiate Europe over the next 5 years with the likes of Crouch, I say you're more likely to do it with the likes of Crespo or Etto.

Are you implying to me that Sh*tski have the best players in the World in EVERY position?

Let's see if you can battle through your apparant mental limitations, and somehow understand the following sentence (in layman's terms, ofcourse - just for you  :;): ):

To everyone else:

Liverpool FC do not have sufficient funds to purchase a striker for vast amounts of money.

Any better, tel?  ???

Chelsea, overwhelmingly more than any other team in club football have bought the best player playing in that position. Not in every position, not yet anyway, but their goal is to achieve that.

Cech, best goalkeeper
Crespo, this is always subjective, and the upcoming world cup may prove who is the best, but you do the rounds of the best club managers, and most would have Crespo ahead of a lot of other strikers.
Robben/Duff, close to if not the best talent in wide positions. In the premiership, that is a cert. Only Ronaldo from the mancs can come close to them.

Name me another team that has this many and then I can give you the cigar. Its a healthier thing to put in your mouth than the pink straw your using

I can see Rafa running us even closer next year in terms of title contenders and doing it with his transfer policy.
Dont forget he also did it with Valencia against all odds over Barca and Madrid.

Obsessed, not infatuated. And of course I am. I fkn hate them. I dont want upset ppl more than I already have, but I hate em as much as the mancs. I hate the fact they bought the league. I hate the fact that if you put their c unt of a manager into a club like Fulham he'd have them relegated. The special one my ars.

I want to go to the bridge and win 5-0. I want a striker that will score 3. I dont want to see my strikers flopping.

How fkn well did our team play against the scumn last week. One chance, one goal.

We had 2. Crouch on Cisse's headed knock down, Cisse open goal.

Give both those chances to Adriano, Shevchenko or Crespo. 2 goals. We win, we get to sing names about Gary Neville.

Instead we dominate the game, we play them off the park on their own turf, and we go home without the points and with the insults.

Anyone out there expect me to say Crouch's doing a great job. He should have scored that goal. There are strikers that would have buried it, and I want them to be doing just that when our team plays as well as it did.
tel

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:13 pm

tel wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Two of Liverpool FC's best ever players, Rush and Keegan, came from Chester and Scunthorpe.

Players that come in, have certain qualities, are footballers and are integrated into a team. What this does is it completes a side, making them better in all departments. We lack a bit of pace down the right, we lack a poacher. We lack good footballers. Fowler is a good footballer, Pennant and Bullard are good footballers.

These players know how to pass to a team mate, unlike the likes of Cisse, Sissoko and Traore. They pass to team mates in space, they use football ability in footballing situation.

These are't useless atheletes or whatever. They are fotballers. The likes of Crespo? Right Crespo is WORLD CLASS FINISHER and excellent goalscorer. He's a good alround player. He doesn't have Ashton's ability to play with his back to goal, he doesn't have his strength, his passing awarness or his heading ability.

You don't have to spend big to sign quality, you don't need to sign big names to sign quality.

Who'd heard of Sami Hyypia? 3m. Patrick Vieira? 3.5m. Peter Schmeichal? 500k. Nicolas Anelka 500k. Infact i could probably name a team of immensely talented players over the last 10 years that have moved for between 15-20million with most of those players being good enough to walk into every side in the country.

Who thought at 7million, the same price United paid for Cole Arsenal would sign one of the premierships best ever players?

Who would have thought Phillips from Watford would move to Sunderland for 500k and score 30 LEAGUE goals in a season?

Tel, if i wasn't tired lad, i'd go on all night and wipe the floor with you and give you hundreds of reasons and detailed ones about who we could sign, what they'd bring etc etc etc. But the fact is, i'm fucked, goodnight!

If you think we are a club that should never be in the market for top class talent and should depend on unearthing the next Henry or Schmeicel or Viera, well for every one of those there are 500 hundred like Bruno Cheyrou (the next Zidane), Cisse (the next Henry), Le Tallec (the next Pires), Traore (the next Thuram)....

For every reason you come back with, I'll give you 10 players that didnt make it. Pennant being one of them. What did Wenger pay for him from Notts County? Most expensive teenager ever?

Watch a couple of Juventus games and then come back and tell me Ashton holds the ball with his back to goal better than Ibrahimovic.

Class is class, the best talent wins championships, and if we have a top class striker instead of Crouch and Cisse, we will be unstoppable. The other pieces are already there.

No, Ashton doesn't hold the ball up better than Ibrahimovic, but he's a damn site better in the air. He's also more of a goalscorer than Ibrahimovic aswell.

Ashton is a class player. He's got ALOT of abilty in his locker. Tel, i'd advise (now he's at West Ham you watch the lad play) watch every invididual thing he does for the team, look at what he see's and tell me he's not on another level to all of there players.

He's not the worlds best, he is however the 3rd or 4th best english striker. He's also one of the top 6 or 7 in the country at least.

Crouchie is a good player, i agree he's not world class or even top class but he's more than capable of doing a job at least and with a better partner who can actually play football he'd be alot more effective. He also brings the very best out of Steven Gerrard's ability to get forward and link with strikers.

We need to use him properly and with a striker with intelligence and ability around around him then he'll come good. Fowler is a class player who can score goals against anyone with the right service around him, in this side he'd have Xabi, Gerrard, Finnan, Kewell, Crouch, Riise, Warnock... the service is there.

Then you say Pennant didn't make it? I'm sorry, but you can sit there all you like and say he's not good enough but he's a damn site better than Ljungberg in terms of pace, crossing ability, skill, touch and technique. He also works just as hard and tracks back. It was Pennant's attitude.

Tell, you're extremely narrow minded on this. Great teams are more important than great players and to have a great team you need different kinds of players. If you have a team with 11 good footballers on and a team with 5 atheletes and 6 world class players on the 11 good players would simply :censored: all over them as they'd double up. Good players adapt to situations and thats what makes a team.

Compare our defence to Chelsea's.

Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Finnan.
               Reina

Del Horno, Terry, Gallas, Ferriera.
                  Cech

ON PAPER, individually, they :censored: all over us, yet as a unit, we're probably just as good. There is no I (for individual) in team and to suggest we can't improve without spending big money on overated foreigners is in my opinion extremely naive.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:19 pm

tel wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
tel wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
tel wrote:

To everyone else:

Any better, tel?  ???

Cech, best goalkeeper

Obsessed, not infatuated. And of course I am. I fkn hate them. I dont want upset ppl more than I already have, but I hate em as much as the mancs. I hate the fact they bought the league. I hate the fact that if you put their c unt of a manager into a club like Fulham he'd have them relegated. The special one my ars.

I want to go to the bridge and win 5-0. I want a striker that will score 3. I dont want to see my strikers flopping.

How fkn well did our team play against the scumn last week. One chance, one goal.

We had 2. Crouch on Cisse's headed knock down, Cisse open goal.

Give both those chances to Adriano, Shevchenko or Crespo. 2 goals. We win, we get to sing names about Gary Neville.

Instead we dominate the game, we play them off the park on their own turf, and we go home without the points and with the insults.

Anyone out there expect me to say Crouch's doing a great job. He should have scored that goal. There are strikers that would have buried it, and I want them to be doing just that when our team plays as well as it did.

Crouch was average and didn't have one of his better games, so what?

Cisse was terrible, you don't need an Adriano etc to score that type of Chance. Fowler would have buried that and probably created one or two other chances. Anyway, the game wasn't just about that Chance, we all know Sissy isn't upto it and he's a major weak link, against United those things show. Get a good player in to replace him then its an improvement.

Fowler in and a quality winger would at least allow us to judge how far away we are, in my opinion, it is one striker to partner Crouch and one right winger.
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:44 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Fowler in and a quality winger would at least allow us to judge how far away we are, in my opinion, it is one striker to partner Crouch and one right winger.

Yes Stu, I agree, and maybe we should get Ronnie Whelan back in as cover for our left wingers with Zenden confirmed as out until next season !!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:25 pm

Cech, best goalkeeper

What are you jabbering about, you rectum-raiding peasent?

You insinuated that Sh*tski had the best players IN THE WORLD for every position.

Cech is the only one who I agree on. Thats not a cert, either.

Terry - JC with goals. Definately NOT the best CB, you silly tit. Gallas is better, and even HE isn't the best in the world.

Makalele - I take it you haven't seen him too much this season then?

Lampard in the form of his life isn't the best CM in the world.
He can't tackle, can't head, has sh*te awareness of his teammates, goes missing in crucial matches, and scores about 80% of his goals due to deflections.
Gerrard could p*ss all over him with a blindfold on. Alonso frightened so much, the fat b*stard broke his ankle so he could look better.

Crespo!?! F*cking CRESPO!!?!?!?!! You seriously are deluded pal.
Schevchenko, Rooney, Etoo, Owen, Adriano, Van Horseface, Raul, etc, etc.  The best in the world - you're having a giggle son. The reason a lot of managers would pick him over a lot of strikers is because there are an awful lot of League 2 sides with 3 or more strikers.

Robben - as much use this season as a condom machine in the Vatican.
Last season - easily the best winger in the Prem - better than Nedved? - f*ck off!!!!!

Duff - Christopher Lloyd's ugly love child? He's a very good player, but there are much better players around.
And if you think Ronaldo is so special, you have just proven once and for all that your comments should be taken with a vat of salt. Then you should be banned, by law, from talking about football.

And I bet you wish with all your might that I was scoffing a pink straw, don't you?
You scabby anal lesion.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:33 pm

No, you're the one crying we dont have any money, we are the leagues poorest club and cant afford a big signing. And I'm saying we could afford Owen, we just didnt want to spend it under those circumstances.

We have more money than Newcastle. We had the money for Owen.

And you my friend, are a g imp

Ofcourse you do realise that what you have just written makes all the sense of a Muller rice yogurt having sexual relations with a can of beans, don't you?

Are you really that desperate to make yourself look more intelligent than me, that you are quite prepared to bank on no one reading your previous posts? Can you honestly not see that you've contradicted yourself royally?

I cannot believe I am arguing with someone who would lose a battle of wits with an Antelope's droppings.  :no

P.S.
Where did I say we are the leagues poorest club?

- You see. The world according to tel:

"If you can't win - cheat".

Over-productive mucus membrane.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:39 pm

lando. ever considered a career in after dinner speaking? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:43 pm

chelsea are overspending and thats obvious, we are a football club, they are a bank vault.

fowler isnt coming back, so shhhhh

we have a great squad. lets get behind them. we are doing so much betetr than last season, we are coming leaps and bounds.

for fecks sake people if i didnt know betetr id think this was a sunderland forum the amount of bitching and moaning that goes on
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion