Pepe says titles ours - Reina sticks it to everyone, yeah!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:52 pm

:hearts  this guy

Reina tips Reds for the title
Spaniard in confident mood in eyeing silverware
By Alex Dunn   Last updated: 14th September 2007

Reina: Only way is up
Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina believes the current Anfield crop are capable of ending an 18-year wait for the title.

Rafa Benitez's side have made a hugely impressive start to the new campaign and with an enviable strength in depth; it does now look as though they are ready to challenge.

In Europe, Benitez has proved the master tactician but domestically, he has struggled to produce a side capable of sustaining a long-term challenge.

However, Reina believes that his compatriot has now brought together a squad capable of lifting the title and he predicts silverware on Merseyside come the campaign's close.

Dream start
"The beginning of this season has been perfect, and it has been a dream start after the summer," he told the Daily Mirror.

"There's a long way to go but we believe we can do it.

"We are top of the table and deserve to be there because you can no longer say that Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal are superior to us.

"Chelsea's draw with us was unjust and Manchester United have been inconsistent so far and rely very heavily on Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I don't think Arsenal will win it this season either so Liverpool can now win the title and I think our rivals fear us.

"Rafa Benitez is a big coach even if Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson get more space in the press.

"But that's not a problem because the papers have not been worried about us and that suits us fine.

"We are all very happy now because I think we are showing that we can win the title this season. It's not madness to think like this, but a reality."

Torres tonic

Reina reserved special praise for the manner in which Fernando Torres has seamlessly adapted to the physical demands of English football, tipping his Spain team-mate to end the season as the Premier League's top performer.

"Fernando Torres will be the biggest star of English football this season and his three goals in the Premiership so far show that he has adapted already," added Reina.

"I have had a bet about how many goals Torres will score because I am convinced he will be the top scorer in the Premiership. He can help us do well in the Champions League as well and last season's defeat to Milan in the final is still in my head.

"Now we must fight to get into another Champions League Final and put that right."
burjennio

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Too early to make that statement. Sometimes it's best when you say nothing.

And what irony it would be if we failed to win on Saturday after this comment.

Hell of a long way to go before we can say ''we can win the league''. The month of October will be a true test for us with games against Tottenham,Blackburn,Everton,etc..
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:30 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:Too early to make that statement. Sometimes it's best when you say nothing.

Hell of a long way to go before we can say ''we can win the league''. The month of October will be a true test for us with games against Tottenham,Blackburn,Everton,etc..

I like arrogance as long as it comes with hard work. Arrogance is a problem when you get too confident and you start training weaker than you should. Arrogance is a bad thing aswell when you don't have power to back it.

But, I do think it's true our squad is no longer weaker than other top team's squad. As long as they keep working, putting a bit of fear and doubts in the opposition minds is ok. We know that Rafa will put the players that are too carried away in their place soon enough, so I can't see much wrong in this words AB mate.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:44 pm

Shut the feck up pepe lad and lets keep our heads down until we're really challenging after christmas , fingers crossed.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:44 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:Too early to make that statement. Sometimes it's best when you say nothing.

Agreed.
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:50 pm

burjennio wrote::hearts  this guy

something you want to tell us? ???  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:56 pm

I am also in the camp that prefers to stay quiet and let the results do the talking.
FAR FAR to early to start shouting the odds.
At least it shows there is confidence in the camp though. Lets hope as Sabre says it doesnt breed complacency, although thats hard to see as there appears a steely determination about everyone from the manager to the players to make this seasons league title come back home.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Let's see that confidence tomorrow at Pompey.
AB's Red Army

Postby mighty mo » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:19 pm

let the football do the talking pepe, this is not the way liverpool do things
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:29 pm

mighty mo wrote:let the football do the talking pepe, this is not the way liverpool do things

:nod
ConnO'var

Postby metalhead » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:31 pm

lets not get carried away.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:39 pm

i say its about time we had some players with some belief. all ue ver hear every year are the mancs cheats and goons saying how they can win the title, now we can say it too with our squad

keep it up pepe i say  :buttrock  :bowdown
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:44 pm

You can be confident without having to say anything. Actions speak louder than words.
AB's Red Army

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Shut the feck up pepe lad and lets keep our heads down until we're really challenging after christmas , fingers crossed.

:buttrock

Too right. We played ok against the chavs at home but we are yet to play one of the big four away so in the words of Harvey Keitel "Lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet ladies"  :D

Its nice to see our players confident but its too early for this sort of talk.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:34 pm

too fast, so soon
for talks like this may only bring gloom
Pepe got Burjennio swooned
but complacency brings doom

confidence is a key tune
in the masterpiece we're creating
but don't burst the balloon