PEPE REINA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:04 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:22 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:04 pm wrote:Oh don't start him on Rafa !

Yeah...

That ^^^^^^^

The mans who let his ego stop himself becoming one the games greats.

Don't start me on that. Not when I'm drunk :D

What a muppet you are with comments like that.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:34 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:04 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:22 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:04 pm wrote:Oh don't start him on Rafa !

Yeah...

That ^^^^^^^

The mans who let his ego stop himself becoming one the games greats.

Don't start me on that. Not when I'm drunk :D

What a muppet you are with comments like that.

Your ma's a muppet
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:13 am

maypaxvobiscum

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:46 am

lol, never seen a pic of him with hair before :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Same. Was reading an interview on how he allegedly said he wants to join Barca next season and they had this photo. Got me confused for a good few minutes :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:00 am

Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina hopes he will return to the Serie A club next season, although it is not yet clear whether he will be welcomed back.

The Spaniard is on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season, but the Azzurri are not taking it for granted that the 31-year-old will return to them and they have already taken Catania custodian Mariano Andujar under contract from July.

Furthermore, 23-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper Rafael has proven to be a reliable deputy for Reina, who has not been spared the Napoli fans' criticism during a recent dip in form.

And according to Sky Sport, Napoli are considering an approach for Hannover's Germany international Ron-Robert Zieler -- although Reina says he would be keen on another season in Naples.

"I'm very happy here and my family's happy too," he told Piuenne television. "I'll be here right to the end, but not even I know what will happen after. I'm here now, but I've got to return to Liverpool, although it's unlikely I'll stay there."

As long as compatriot Rafael Benitez is in charge, he expects he will be wanted again in 2014-15.

"Benitez was the most important figure in me arriving here," Reina said. "He convinced me to join this ambitious project at a great club. Obviously I also wanted to get to know a different league while it was Liverpool who took the first step by not wanting me anymore because they were placing their faith in a younger goalkeeper."

Before Reina does leave -- whether he returns or not -- he is keen on crowning the season with some silverware. Napoli have reached the final of the Coppa Italia, where they will face Fiorentina in May, while they are into the last 32 of the Europa League and not yet entirely out of the hunt in Serie A.

"We need to take things game by game, fighting on all fronts," said the Spaniard. "Roma and Juve are not giving an inch, but now we're thinking about Europe. Thirteen points is a long way to be behind Juve, but we've always got to think positively, regardless of them.

"It's unlikely that they slip up now considering the pace they've sustained thus far, but it's up to us to do the impossible. We play every competition to win it. Now we're in the final [of the Coppa Italia], we want to win it, but we also know that Fiorentina are a great side.

"We've taken the first step, playing well against Roma and deserving to win and I'm delighted that we're now so close to winning."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 am

With a statement like that, he can stay in Napoli as far as I'm concerned.
I don't know how he is doing at Napoli as I don't watch the Serie A.
What I do know is that prior to leaving for Napoli, his form was nothing to write home about.
They say form is temporary, class permanent. Based on his form of the last 2 years of his stay, I don't know how "temporary" is that dip in form. 24 months+ seems excessive to me.

He can stay in Napoli with Benitez as long as he wants. God only knows how long Benitez will last in that job anyway.
Hope the Napolitans cough up the transfer fee and keep him.

His episode with us is done as far as I am concerned. Thanks for the memories but players like yourself, Owen, McManaman and that prime egotistical charlattan that used to manage us have no place at Anfield as far as I'm concerned. In cases like them, I will neither forgive nor forget.
ConnO'var

Postby ethanr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 am

I think you're taking this out of context a bit… He's answering questions. He said I will go back to Liverpool, but I love it in Naples, and my family does too (who wouldn't love living in Naples more than Liverpool?) and that's what every footballer is supposed to say or it's considered disrespectful. I think he knows he's not going to Barca, and he said he probably won't be playing for Liverpool because of the way he was forced out, and the fact we just spent a decent sum of money on a young keeper. He's basically saying Mignolet is good enough to keep him out, and that's the path Liverpool has taken. If he were to say I'll go back and play there again, people will say he feels he should start over Mignolet, and then they'd complain he's not humble enough.

Reina is one of the classiest players we've had in a long time. Don't let comments taken out of context ruin that for anybody…
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:22 am

His form and age is against him now. 31 is too old for liverpool and the form he's in would cement 3rd choice here for him. He'll find another club no doubt.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:17 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:22 pm wrote:His form and age is against him now. 31 is too old for liverpool and the form he's in would cement 3rd choice here for him. He'll find another club no doubt.

You've got to be joking. surely.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 pm

ethanr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 am wrote:I think you're taking this out of context a bit… He's answering questions. He said I will go back to Liverpool, but I love it in Naples, and my family does too (who wouldn't love living in Naples more than Liverpool?) and that's what every footballer is supposed to say or it's considered disrespectful. I think he knows he's not going to Barca, and he said he probably won't be playing for Liverpool because of the way he was forced out, and the fact we just spent a decent sum of money on a young keeper. He's basically saying Mignolet is good enough to keep him out, and that's the path Liverpool has taken. If he were to say I'll go back and play there again, people will say he feels he should start over Mignolet, and then they'd complain he's not humble enough.

Reina is one of the classiest players we've had in a long time. Don't let comments taken out of context ruin that for anybody…

Sorry mate... I disagree.... I for one will not miss him.
ConnO'var

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:04 pm

aCe' » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:22 pm wrote:His form and age is against him now. 31 is too old for liverpool and the form he's in would cement 3rd choice here for him. He'll find another club no doubt.

no I seriously think he'd struggle to get in the first team and he may find himself on the bench, possibly.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:49 pm

aCe' » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:17 pm wrote:

Unfortunately aCe, I don't think he is, this seems to be the standard of poster on here these days. How anyone can suggest Mignolet is in the same stratosphere Pepe is is so far beyond explanation its unreal!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:35 am

To be honest, De Gea is better than Reina at the moment. He's one of the few reasons why Man Utd are in the top 8. Been splendid this season. Won't be surprised if it was Cassilas, De Gea and Valdes who are in the Spain WC squad.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:39 am

Stu you need to get our head out of Reinas ***** man

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion