Pellegrino released

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:11 pm

-This Is Anfield

But boss Rafael Benitez has decided not to extend the stay of former Valencia defender Mauricio Pellegrino at the club.

The big Argentinian arrived at Anfield on a six-month deal in the January transfer window, when he was already cup tied in Europe.

His form has always looked shaky and the 33-year-old played just 12 games for the club in which his lack of pace was always a worrying consideration.

The Reds boss always felt that he needed central defensive cover for the over-worked Carragher and Sami Hyypia, and he will now certainly buy another centre-back to bolster his squad. That is likely to be Real Zaragoza star Gabriel Milito for around £6million.

Pellegrino is a good player (his success at Valencia proves that) however he's extreme lack of pace has been his downfall in the Premiership, however I would still like to thank him for his short services despite that they haven't been great. Good luck to him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:13 pm

yes good luck pelle, perhaps there is a coaching role for him in the future............
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:14 pm

Good luck to him.

I remember him a top defender three or four years ago but he got hidesously exposed in a few matches for us last season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:31 pm

No comment really, but tara.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:48 pm

'Is'...more like 'was' mate. He did'nt do anything. He ran 10 metres or so. At least he did'nt pull a Traore and play everybody onside. Of course he was so slow if they moved he'd inadvertenly play em all offside. Good riddance.
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:57 am

YES!!!!!   :buttrock

best news i've heard all week!  Pellegrino was an awful player and cost us some important goals....good riddence!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:51 am

Good luck to him, did the job as temporary cover. We got what we paid for, and i expect a lot of Pello best work was done at Melwood.
Im happy in fact he has been released may mean a major  signing for a defender
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:12 am

Rafa said that he likes players like Pelle because he thinks about his game and is always eager to improve himself. Perhaps he is past his best and his lack of pace really exposed him in the EPL.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:45 am

I think he is just not suited to play in the EPL because the marking is more aggressive and he did not have the same amount of time to think and pass. He is more of a finesse player and his age is showing. Good luck though and he should make a good coach somewhere.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby misskop » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:10 am

Good luck in your future endeavors  :) Looking forward to seeing whom Rafa's permanent solution in the back is going to be.
misskop

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:42 am

Pellegrino has been a great star at Valencia, winning two league titles and the UEFA Cup. We guy is quite old and in the space of six months, he could not adapt properly to the english game.

I agree to the fact that he cost us a lot of goals, but to be fair, we got him on a free and i think that Rafa will keep him as part of his back room staff in order to advice our young defenders.

He might be slow, but he is a very intelligent player. Well once more, he is quite old and past his best maybe but still have a place in Liverpool.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:44 am

Doesnt surprise me  that he has been released , i think he could possibly  be kept on for the backroom staff , the guy is an intelligent player  and certainly knows his stuff
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Eazy-E » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:24 pm

'Pellegrino's :censored: get him out''- this was just one of the many quotes i heard while Pellegrino was playing. Now it's all kissing :censored:. He was :censored: he got steamrolled by any idiot striker. We need a defender who kicks :censored:, may i suggest moi . Although i'm a striker innit. :;):
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:50 pm

he's a good player but....
aargh... okay, he sucks!
bubye!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:52 pm

Damn straight.
Eazy-E

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion