Pay Me Back - Peter Crouch Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:26 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i dont like crouch's attitude. he seems to have an ego problem. he used to be so modest and all but since this season he has been getting on my nerves with all those tiny little digs at why he isnt starting during his interviews

Key piont for me.

Looks like he is starting to beleive his own press.

Needs taking down a peg or two.

PS Stuck Murfs thread in with AB's. same debate.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:02 pm

I'm not one for reading too much into body language but Crouchy is not enjoying his football at the moment and was not best pleased to be subbed yesterday.  This story does not seem to be going away.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I'm not one for reading too much into body language but Crouchy is not enjoying his football at the moment and was not best pleased to be subbed yesterday.  This story does not seem to be going away.

So a player is not happy when he's subbed in min 60. Not surprising, I wouldn't be neither. Players want to play and score, and strikers want to leave the pitch only when they've scored. But I didn't see bad gestures. He jogged to be subbed, he clapped the Liverpool crowd, he touched the hand of Torres, he touched the hand of Rafa. He didn't kick any bottle nor went straight to the dressroom, at least yesterday.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Sabre wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:I'm not one for reading too much into body language but Crouchy is not enjoying his football at the moment and was not best pleased to be subbed yesterday.  This story does not seem to be going away.

So a player is not happy when he's subbed in min 60. Not surprising, I wouldn't be neither. Players want to play and score, and strikers want to leave the pitch only when they've scored. But I didn't see bad gestures. He jogged to be subbed, he clapped the Liverpool crowd, he touched the hand of Torres, he touched the hand of Rafa. He didn't kick any bottle nor went straight to the dressroom, at least yesterday.

Who was it that said that he would be more unhappy if one of his players was pleased at being subbed than if he was angry?

That springs to mind.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:21 pm

but even on the pitch his head seems down, he doesnt seem up for it, his first touch is awful, his passing non existent, he wont run, its almost as if hes resigned to being 4th choice
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:30 pm

Crouch is a confidence player!
He needs to feel wanted as well....the big man has had more knock downs and set backs in his career than most other players.

Im sure we can all remember how long it took him to score when he signed,how everyone was on about him being useless.then once he started scoring and playing well it was like yeah hes not bad actually!

Last season he was crucial for us in the league and europe and scored some very important goals.Hes probably playing cr@p because he feels like hes been thrown on the scrap heap a bit!

:D
The Grudge

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:48 pm

I agree with the attitude problem and he needs to understand that he is playing for Liverpool Football Club and not some nomark middle of the table club.
If he wants to start every week he can go and play for one of them there just playing for points,but if he wants to win honours he has to accept that he is just a squad player.
He is not a world class player like Gerrard and Carragher whom yes i think would have the right to have a go if Rafa kept chopping and changing them
Give him till January if his attitude and litle comment have not changed let him go back to just playing for three points
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:10 pm

Yesterday was the ideal time for him to stamp his authority and claim the striking berth for his own.

He failed miserably.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:28 pm

Maybe Marco Pierre White has been knocking off Abbie Clancy would explain the sulking gob :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:35 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Yesterday was the ideal time for him to stamp his authority and claim the striking berth for his own.

He failed miserably.

Did he? I disagree

Many mates are expecting Torres as crucial for games like the one of yesterday. Not a surprise, for what we have seen he's been excellent so far. But it will reach the Torres drought of 6 games without scoring, no doubt, and then I won't say he's failed miserably neither.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:48 pm

peewee wrote:last season he was our top scorer and thats probably based on the way we played last season, this season we are set up different and thats why he isn't getting games to be fair. and if our style of play doesn't suit him now then there is no real option but to get rid, we saw yesterday how the style changes when he is on the pitch

Watch the game back, we turned into an out-an-out long ball side the moment Torres came on, not the other way around. I don't think i've ever seen Reina hit so many hopeful punts up the pitch in a such a short space of time. Crouch seems to be an easy target for snipers around here and i guess that will never change. It's clear he has got qualities and i don't want to go into them again becasue i guess evryone knows what they are. Whether your a fan of Crouch or not, he's not a bad number 3-4 striker (and that's what he is now) to have on the books is he? As for getting rid, who we gonna get in his place? He's a very good player. Remember that cross he nearly steered at goal (fook knows how) yesterday? the one where the cross was well behind him and he managed to do some sort of ballet dancer move and re-direct the ball just over goal. Everyone would be creaming their pants had that gone in same as they were when he scored those two overhead kicks last season.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:13 pm

Scottbot wrote:
peewee wrote:last season he was our top scorer and thats probably based on the way we played last season, this season we are set up different and thats why he isn't getting games to be fair. and if our style of play doesn't suit him now then there is no real option but to get rid, we saw yesterday how the style changes when he is on the pitch

Watch the game back, we turned into an out-an-out long ball side the moment Torres came on, not the other way around. I don't think i've ever seen Reina hit so many hopeful punts up the pitch in a such a short space of time. Crouch seems to be an easy target for snipers around here and i guess that will never change. It's clear he has got qualities and i don't want to go into them again becasue i guess evryone knows what they are. Whether your a fan of Crouch or not, he's not a bad number 3-4 striker (and that's what he is now) to have on the books is he? As for getting rid, who we gonna get in his place? He's a very good player. Remember that cross he nearly steered at goal (fook knows how) yesterday? the one where the cross was well behind him and he managed to do some sort of ballet dancer move and re-direct the ball just over goal. Everyone would be creaming their pants had that gone in same as they were when he scored those two overhead kicks last season.

i think everyone agree`s crouch is an excellent option to have in your squad and there`s no doubting his touch and ability on the floor.
i think the problem arises because peter doesnt see himself as a squad player, he wants to play week in week out.
i`ve been dissapointed in a few of his comments recently especially considering rafa went out on a limb to spend big money on a striker who had gone through more clubs than tiger woods and was heading to the old second division with southampton.
rafa stood by him during his difficult first few months at the club too.
if peter feels he is good enough to play in the first team he should just go out and prove it on the pitch, but i`ve a sneaking suspicion his england ambitions are behind his little outbursts and i think he`s worried lack of first team football will see him drop out of the squad.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:56 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I dont care what anyone says.  Hes got to go!!!!

If we can get anywhere near 10 million id be well happy. 

Im I on me own here?

No.

I'm with you on it too. He'll score the odd goal, fair enough, but when he plays it has a impact on how the rest of the team plays also. I'd much rather we signed a much more direct and pacey striker than Crouch, who for the size of him, can't head a ball for f*ck. It's laughable that the man scores more with his feet. If someone bid 12 million for him, I'd be stumped if Rafa didn't accept. He could use that 12 mill to buy someone like Martins off Newcastle, or a Mancini or Alves. i still think we're weak on the right mid, and maybe a left back. Crouch's general play is just annoying the f*ck out of me at the moment. Not good enough for this club imo.

And I agree with Leon. I said it before the match kicked off. Crouch had to impress. He didn't. Most of the time all he did was give away daft free kicks by climing on defender's backs (is there any reason for a man this tall to do that?) and falling over a lot when challenged, then moaning about it instead of getting up and getting back in.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:33 am

Emerald Red wrote:I'd much rather we signed a much more direct and pacey striker than Crouch, who for the size of him, can't head a ball for f*ck. It's laughable that the man scores more with his feet.

Haven't we just signed two more direct and pacey strikers in Torres and Babel who i'm sure will be playing as a striker this time next season.

As for the Crouch can't head a ball line, that's a myth in my eyes, complete bandwagon that everyone has decided to jump on. He's no Les Ferdinand but he can head a ball. I don't have the stats but i'll bet a good percentage of his goals for LFC and England the past two years have come from headers.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:09 am

Crouch has been :censored: in almost every game he's taken part in, whether it be start or sub. And the same can be said in the pre-season games he played in.

God-awful.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion