Pathetic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 116-1125324904 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:55 am

Hey, you're european champions remember, you don't need to sign anyone ! Haha I'm glad that fluking the trophy has made your powers that be complacent about your need to strengthen.

As for a right winger, that Nobby Solano is canny good I heard.

Edit: He's gone to Newcastle now to see his mate, Owen. Damn.
116-1125324904

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:57 am

i think you can go now tommo. the transfer window is shut, owen is a newcastle player (and the best of luck to you), and you're not the slightest bit amusing. get a life mate and pop back to your newcastle forum where you can talk excitedly with your friends about your guaranteed top 3 finish.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:59 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:It is disappointing, BUT.. and it is a big BUT.. I think the squad we have now is better than the squad that WON the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. 

The premiership was tough with us last year, injuries decimated our squad, Steven Gerrard appeared to be looking down South and we had a number of players that had never experienced the speed and strength of tackle in the Premiership.

This year, Stevie is focussed
Alonso, Garcia and Josemi  know what to expect on a windy, rainy Sat afternoon in Birmingham
We should (fingers crossed) not have as much bad luck with injuries
and we have improved certain areas... Sissoko looks good, Reina I believe is a better keeper than Dudek
and Crouch gives us a different option.

Things are not that bad... come on boys and girls, lets get behind OUR team, OUR club.  We definately need the famous 12th man (as Delia would say)..  Lets look forward to another season where we improve,

Even with Owen, Figo, Simeon (?) we where not going to win the leadue this year.  It is going to take a couple more seasons of gradual improvement.  Lets hope this year we end up only 12 points behind the champions, that for me will be a good year!

YNWA

we also finished 5th in the league and the team needs strenghtining
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:00 am

andy_g wrote:i think you can go now tommo. the transfer window is shut, owen is a newcastle player (and the best of luck to you), and you're not the slightest bit amusing. get a life mate and pop back to your newcastle forum where you can talk excitedly with your friends about your guaranteed top 3 finish.

Newcastle don't have forum cos most of them are too p1ssed to even operate a PC  :p
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1125324904 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:01 am

Paul C wrote:
andy_g wrote:i think you can go now tommo. the transfer window is shut, owen is a newcastle player (and the best of luck to you), and you're not the slightest bit amusing. get a life mate and pop back to your newcastle forum where you can talk excitedly with your friends about your guaranteed top 3 finish.

Newcastle don't have PC cos most of them are too p1ssed to operate a PC  :p

Newcastle don't have PCs cos all the scousers nicked them :P:P:P
116-1125324904

Postby Adebisi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:09 am

Can't we still get a loan signing outside the transfer window? Might not be many good players available out there but if we have an injury crisis that may be an option?

End of the day we have to p!ss the pen!s we have and that's what we will do.
Adebisi

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:09 am

liverpoolrich wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:It is disappointing, BUT.. and it is a big BUT.. I think the squad we have now is better than the squad that WON the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. 

The premiership was tough with us last year, injuries decimated our squad, Steven Gerrard appeared to be looking down South and we had a number of players that had never experienced the speed and strength of tackle in the Premiership.

This year, Stevie is focussed
Alonso, Garcia and Josemi  know what to expect on a windy, rainy Sat afternoon in Birmingham
We should (fingers crossed) not have as much bad luck with injuries
and we have improved certain areas... Sissoko looks good, Reina I believe is a better keeper than Dudek
and Crouch gives us a different option.

Things are not that bad... come on boys and girls, lets get behind OUR team, OUR club.  We definately need the famous 12th man (as Delia would say)..  Lets look forward to another season where we improve,

Even with Owen, Figo, Simeon (?) we where not going to win the leadue this year.  It is going to take a couple more seasons of gradual improvement.  Lets hope this year we end up only 12 points behind the champions, that for me will be a good year!

YNWA

we also finished 5th in the league and the team needs strenghtining

Do you not agree the squad is better now?

If so we have strengthened it.  Also As I put in  the original post, if we don't have as many injuries our first 11 will be much better than in many games last year.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:09 pm

roll on 10 Sep,we going to beat Spurs !!
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:12 pm

we had too many injuries last season yet we won the CL and finished fifth.if the players can stay fit,we going to be awesome and win all the cup competitions.it's still early in the season but we've only had one defeat and won the Super Cup.

YNWA.

Believe in Rafa.he knows exactly what he's doing.lets all of us give him our support.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby lfclfclfc » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:34 pm

tomm0 wrote:Hey, you're european champions remember, you don't need to sign anyone ! Haha I'm glad that fluking the trophy has made your powers that be complacent about your need to strengthen.

As for a right winger, that Nobby Solano is canny good I heard.

Edit: He's gone to Newcastle now to see his mate, Owen. Damn.

eh.. talking about fluking, any luck since 1927?  :D
lfclfclfc

Postby champions of europe 2005 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:06 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Other neg post from another LFCNewbie to the RED. Just because RB didn't buy RM and CB , it's going to be the end of the world.

GET OVER IT !!!! I think come JAN we will buy if we have to.

IM SORRY M8, just because he is a newbie (like me) he still has the right to voice his concerns!!!, and rightly so, i too share these concerns, when you look at the quality signings other teams have made and then compare them to ours, we come out looking vastly out classed!, having said that, we should look at rafas logic, he has the right attitude, why pay over the odds, and better still why not wait till the right players are available, or we will be here in 6 months time will be quoting more rubbish about wasted money on useless signings, i for one feel let down by the lack of big name singings and can comfortably admit that i for one expected atleast one big signing this summer!!
that has'nt materialised but by no fault of our club or manager, last season i expected us to be pushing for 3rd, we had a bad season, but still finnished 5th and of course CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!, this year we have four new players, and maybe a couple more players pushing thru, ie zak,potter this can only make us stronger and give the squad more depth, i for one am looking forward to this season, we have no big name signing but we do have extra cover and i for one expect us to reduce that 37 point gap by atleast twenty points, come on reds dont forget last seasons league was bad, by our own standards, i cant see that happening again! :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
champions of europe 2005

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:26 pm

champions of europe 2005 wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Other neg post from another LFCNewbie to the RED. Just because RB didn't buy RM and CB , it's going to be the end of the world.

IM SORRY M8, just because he is a newbie (like me) he still has the right to voice his concerns!!!, and rightly so, i too share these concerns, when you look at the quality signings other teams have made and then compare them to ours, we come out looking vastly out classed!, having said that, we should look at rafas logic, he has the right attitude, why pay over the odds, and better still why not wait till the right players are available, or we will be here in 6 months time will be quoting more rubbish about wasted money on useless signings, i for one feel let down by the lack of big name singings and can comfortably admit that i for one expected atleast one big signing this summer!!
that has'nt materialised but by no fault of our club or manager, last season i expected us to be pushing for 3rd, we had a bad season, but still finnished 5th and of course CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!, this year we have four new players, and maybe a couple more players pushing thru, ie zak,potter this can only make us stronger and give the squad more depth, i for one am looking forward to this season, we have no big name signing but we do have extra cover and i for one expect us to reduce that 37 point gap by atleast twenty points, come on reds dont forget last seasons league was bad, by our own standards, i cant see that happening again! :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Great balanced post, well in newbie!!??

Things are not all doom and gloom, look at the posts started by St Mick about being Positive...

Our signings may not have been as strong as others, but added to what we already had, I feel we have probably the 3rd or 4th best squad in the premiership.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Jari's mullet » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:48 pm

Other neg post from another LFCNewbie to the RED. Just because RB didn't buy RM and CB , it's going to be the end of the world.

I totally agree with LiverpoolMadman, we know what the situation is and just have to get on with it.  Get behind the 11 players that he puts out.

If Newcastle fail to win anything in the next couple of seasons, with the amount of money they have been spending in the past, I think they are going to look very very unstable financially.  At least we haven't got srewed over, 8 million more than we paid plus his extra wages is just too much.

Wasn't Souness touting Jenas as a future England captain last season and in the Gerrard mould, that just shows how much cr@p that gets spoken to beef up a player's value.  If he was as good as he rates him, he wouldn't have got rid of him.

The only winners out of the whole Owen affair have been Real Madrid and England (who Owen seems hell bent on putting before any club that he plays for).
Jari's mullet

Postby Aldini98 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:59 pm

Howya lads, Im new here. Im disappointed with the lack of purchases in the last few weeks but sure we'll just have to settle for the Champions League again....... :cool:
Aldini98

Postby hd7ac » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:06 pm

I agree we have a better squad than last year but i think progress is only relative to the other teams around you! Newcastle, manu, spurs, chelsea, villa and Everton have all done a much better job than us in the transfer market so although we have a better squad overall i feel we have lost ground and perhaps been overtaken my some of these teams.

I wouldnt mind not getting any1 if rafa had concerntrated his energy from yapping on about buying some1 to actually doing it
hd7ac

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion