Passing to a team mate...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:19 pm

shame on you taff and co for ruining this perfectly good thread :p :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:21 pm

Actually i agree with everyone... this can be the big love in thread :D

No but on a more serious note I do have to agree with your coments Stu, But Stevie G is only 24 and it's 1st time playing for a manager who wants the game kept short and not giving away possession cheaply.... enjoy the sunlight mate... Hustlers back in these parts :;):
Last edited by simic_ie on Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:31 pm

Simic: I reckon the RealWorld boys should kidnap him and send his pikey mates a fat ransom note!  :D

No Woofism allowed here, hopefully Stevie will go the extra mile (which he is capable of) and become the best midfielder in the world.

Its within his grasp.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:34 pm

i agree, he just needs to fine tune his game and the world is his oyster, hopefull rafa and possibly alonso can be the positive influnce he needs :)
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:50 pm

Steven Gerrard works so hard becuase he spends most of the time chasing down the possession that he loses in my opinion.

I think playing next Alonso and having Benitez in charge will change his game for the better.

He's got nearly everything in his game. The only two area's he could realistically improve on are his composure and patience.

Also, he should leave the long passing to Alonso, that lad can pass a ball.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:25 pm

Too early yet to accurately assess Alonso but he looked good in La Liga and while he didn't have a great game against Bolton I was delighted to see that he was getting angry and frustrated with his new team mates and he hit a couple of good balls.

I'm not going to get carried away but hypothetically, he and Gerrard could turn out to be an excellent central midfield partnership.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby San Sebastian » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:30 pm

Alonso is basque, not spanish. And see what he did to the spaniards against Bosnia.(1-1)
San Sebastian

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:09 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Why don't people pick up on the fact that Steven Gerrard gives the ball away a rediculous amount of times trying stupid passes and panicing during games? His ball retention at the best of times is slightly above average but so far this season and against Bolton in the last game i can honestly say i think he's passed to the opposition more times than someone on his own team...

Danny Murphy used to get slated for this every game... why don't people say the same about Gerrard who is far worse in this area of his game?

Jeez , I've been stuck in the Real world for sooooo long I forgot there we're other issues to address.

Spot on again Stu the Red, We've all been so grateful that stevie g
carried us for so many games and then told chelsea to stuff it that many of us have been shy to criticise him .His desire to get LFC going has clouded his judgement and as you have pointed out he often goes for the spectacular when in fact the simple 5-10 yard ball is the better option.
Calm down Stevie, use your head not just your heart.  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion