Partner for torres

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:46 pm

gerrard behind him and a tricky winger that can put real quality into the box - Ashley Young is definitely a shout in that department, though either Simao or Maxi Rodriguez from Athletico were very impressive in the two games in the CL
burjennio

Postby hello_red » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:58 pm

stmichael wrote:Gerrard

Agree 100%

Why waste another 20 mill when we have Gerrard. He may want to play centre mid but I feel the balance we get is not right with him at CM. Hes an excellent tackler yes, but Alonso and Mascha are perfect for each other. Gerrards best position is AM/SS.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Best partner for torres in my oppinion would be erm erm erm rooney. :D  may get some angry punters here. I know he is mannure scum but i think him and rooney would be ace up front. Rooney has got great vision and a good scoring record to. Maybe drogba would be good aswl
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Madmax wrote:Best partner for torres in my oppinion would be erm erm erm rooney. :D  may get some angry punters here. I know her mannure scum but i think him and rooney would be ace up front. Rooney has got great visions and a good scoring record to. Maybe drogba would be good aswl

No, you are right unfortunately Rooney would work realy well with Torres. The manc :censored:  :D
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:01 pm

if we agree that Stevie and Nando are BFFs, than its the wide partners (and sadly STILL the fullbacks where the system needs improving).  Hopefully, IF we go back to this system on a regular basis once Torres is fit, Alonso will stay in this seasons form and Mascherano will reach his previous form, but either way those two aren't changing or upgrading. 

Then its a what do we do with Keane, Kuyt, Yossi, Riera, and Babel question

And as far as getting a back up version of Torres for when he is hurt, I don't think that works for me. I think we are better off getting someone we think could be a really solid partner for Keane (who preferably is useful out wide as well) and playing 4-4-2 (droping either Mach or Alonso  OR playing Gerrard on the right)
JoeTerp

Postby Rush Job » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:04 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:John carew

Good shout that and he's a player Rafa knows all about, the only problem is can you just imagine MON if we tryed to sign him in jan.... amd he'd want 30mill.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:29 pm

I don't think Torres needs a target man in the same way Owen did, I think what Torres needs is a clever player making good runs off him, and clever passes through for him. Fantasy player Aguero , realistically Diego or even Owen.

I honestly can't see why people think Owen couldn't work with Torres. They are both intelligent runners and not just out and out pace merchants. Torres while not the typical target man is still a big strong player who can hold the ball, and as he showed in the summer can set other players up just as well as he can score.

The good thing is it wouldn't cost us a fortune to find out with Owen.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:43 pm

Owzat wrote:
GYBS wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Id like Mario Gomez or Lukas Podolski.

Gomez ? is that the german guy who played in the eruos and was truely awful ?

Jahowl, das is correct. Another Gomes/Gomez doing his best to look useless.

Hes been decent this season got more or less a 1/2 scoring rate. 7 in 15 this season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm

GYBS wrote:

Luca Toni as well but he's still a class player . A bad euro does not mean he's a poor player . I'd like podolski just behind torres like a second striker , actually keane should be played there and see how it goes . He was always more of a support striker rather than a main one .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:49 pm

s@int wrote:I don't think Torres needs a target man in the same way Owen did, I think what Torres needs is a clever player making good runs off him, and clever passes through for him. Fantasy player Aguero , realistically Diego or even Owen.

I honestly can't see why people think Owen couldn't work with Torres. They are both intelligent runners and not just out and out pace merchants. Torres while not the typical target man is still a big strong player who can hold the ball, and as he showed in the summer can set other players up just as well as he can score.

The good thing is it wouldn't cost us a fortune to find out with Owen.

Owen is another good shout as well . Would be over the moon if rafa somehow swallowed his pride and signed owen
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Luca Toni as well but he's still a class player . A bad euro does not mean he's a poor player . I'd like podolski just behind torres like a second striker , actually keane should be played there and see how it goes . He was always more of a support striker rather than a main one .

Id probably say no to Toni as he is getting on a bit now but agree with what you say about bad Euros ect...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Wasn't implying on us signing toni just giving a example mate . Don't fancy tall players in the side after we had crouch , we'd just switch back to long balls again
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Lionel Messi.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby DanAn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

I'd say Adebayour would be the best. It'd be one hell of a headache for the defence to match up on.
DanAn

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:12 pm

GYBS wrote:Ok who in your eyes would be the perfect partner for torres ? both realistically and in a fantasy ie money no object .

For me realistically i think Heskey would be perfect for him and we could afford to get him in fantasy land think tevez would be a great shout .

:no dear oh dear, sorry mate been there,tried it-not for me i couldn't stand another portion of yellow belly pie. he would be a step backwards for me, the amount of games i saw him sh1t out of challanges when the ball was their to be won, to create a goal scoring chance for himself or a team mate will stick in my mind for a long time! FWIW -let's give torres & keane a fair crack of the whip first to forge a partnership,as heskey would just get in the way of torres when trying to create anything -he wouldn't be on the same wave length,just my opinion but heskey is the last player i'd want to partner torres.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion