Parry flying out to holland

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:57 pm

JBG wrote:I have a good feeling about Kujt.

Yes me too. A bit like when Alonso was joining last season, I never got as hyped about Cisse though I'm certainly looking forward to him playing next season, he's won me over with his hard work.
Lets hope we sign Kuyt for now though, then we have to look to who we'll partner him with.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:10 pm

If this is true (what CGGY says, looking likely etc;) we will have an immense strikeforce next season - look at it like this, imagine thinking a team had Cisse, Morientes, Kuijt, AND Baros (which is looking more likely by the day!). You'd think S.hit wouldnt we love to have those players up front.

Its the kinda line up you could expect to find at the usual suspects (R.Madrid, Juve, Milan (both) etc;) but hey that is the type of line up the European Champions SHOULD have anyway, and actually WE ARE one of the usual suspects what with our FIVE Euro Cups, ahhhhh Five LOVE IT!!!.

I am absolutly sure that more than half the teams in Europe will be  so envious of us and so they should be, it will be a NICE embarrasment of riches to have, an even better problem for Rafa to have to pick between them, if there are no injury problems (pls GOD!) next season, the competition for forward positions is going to be intense, which will lead to ALL giving their ALL to stake a claim, then hold a place (if they get it!!).

It is slowly starting to get more exciting, as the last week has been a bore, hopefully this weekend (with Parry REPORTEDLY over in Holland) will see our first acquisition.

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:15 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Its the kinda line up you could expect to find at the usual suspects (R.Madrid, Juve, Milan (both) etc;) but hey that is the type of line up the European Champions SHOULD have anyway, and actually WE ARE one of the usual suspects what with our FIVE Euro Cups, ahhhhh Five LOVE IT!!!.

Hmm I wouldn't go that far, 4 very good strikers no doubt. However  there is no owen, ronaldo, raul or del piero, ibrahimovic or shevchenko or adriano in that line up.
The jury is still out on Cisse, Morientes has a lot of improving to do as does Baros, and we don't know yet how well Kuyt will do when he comes to play in the premiership.
We will still be starting next season without a proven world class goalscorer.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:15 pm

:censored: double dutch if you ask me!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:38 pm

XSD wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Its the kinda line up you could expect to find at the usual suspects (R.Madrid, Juve, Milan (both) etc;) but hey that is the type of line up the European Champions SHOULD have anyway, and actually WE ARE one of the usual suspects what with our FIVE Euro Cups, ahhhhh Five LOVE IT!!!.

Hmm I wouldn't go that far, 4 very good strikers no doubt. However  there is no owen, ronaldo, raul or del piero, ibrahimovic or shevchenko or adriano in that line up.

Yer but none of them won the European cup we did  :buttrock feck the super stars the sleeping giants are awake.
We are LIVERPOOL F.C. WE FEAR NO ONE. WERE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
:love:  :love:  :love:  :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:39 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:If this is true (what CGGY says, looking likely etc;) we will have an immense strikeforce next season - look at it like this, imagine thinking a team had Cisse, Morientes, Kuijt, AND Baros (which is looking more likely by the day!). You'd think S.hit wouldnt we love to have those players up front.

Its the kinda line up you could expect to find at the usual suspects (R.Madrid, Juve, Milan (both) etc;) but hey that is the type of line up the European Champions SHOULD have anyway, and actually WE ARE one of the usual suspects what with our FIVE Euro Cups, ahhhhh Five LOVE IT!!!.

I am absolutly sure that more than half the teams in Europe will be  so envious of us and so they should be, it will be a NICE embarrasment of riches to have, an even better problem for Rafa to have to pick between them, if there are no injury problems (pls GOD!) next season, the competition for forward positions is going to be intense, which will lead to ALL giving their ALL to stake a claim, then hold a place (if they get it!!).

It is slowly starting to get more exciting, as the last week has been a bore, hopefully this weekend (with Parry REPORTEDLY over in Holland) will see our first acquisition.

YNWA

Bravo Bravo Liverpool lad  :bowdown  :hearts
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:42 pm

XSD wrote:

The jury is still out on Cisse, Morientes has a lot of improving to do as does Baros, and we don't know yet how well Kuyt will do when he comes to play in the premiership.
We will still be starting next season without a proven world class goalscorer.

Yea fair enough, however no proven goalscorer? - what about Morientes he may not have sparked for us yet, but he IS a proven world class striker.

I hear what you say about Shev, Adriano etc; but to be honest, they are not within our reach (if we are all totally honest), as we have just made recent improvements, maybe if we are winning the league consistently (not every season but you know what i mean, up and battling ALL the time, and also the same in the CL, THEN those type of players will be available to us) I didnt mention such people or consider them as i was being realistic.
Those players would only come to Liverpool (on our current sort of ranking {within players minds} as we have not been consistent at much over the last 15yrs etc; history doesnt count, although players know what we have done, it doesnt make it attractive just on that basis, if it was then players would sign for Nottm' Forest, who (i could be wrong) are now in the Third division {in old skool terms Div 1 being the top}) in the TWILIGHT of their careers...FIGO is a perfect example of that!!  SORRY about all the brackets (barckets for RED37 :laugh:  LOL!!) but many things came at once in my brain and thats best way i could explain it...

But to carry on.......
I think that you mention the strikers you do (from the teams i mentioned) to prove those are the type of players they have......but what i say to that is, we got Mori from REAL MADRID, Cisse was wanted by JUVENTUS, and Baros was wanted by BARCELONA last season, who in the end (luckily for them)got E'too (sp?) instead.

Fair enough Kuijt isn't a PROVEN striker yet (arguable!?), but PROVEN = BIG DOSH (Generally, especially when talking of the Adriano's etc; of the world.)
76-1115222408

Postby Mikz » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:10 pm

well..Ive never heard nor seen the guy Kujit in my life,but if RAFA wants him then i say   :bowdown  praise be lol :bowdown whosoever you sign we will worship in your image
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:41 pm

Oi you lot I joined the Feyenoord forum today and gave them a link to a liverpool forum, look what they had to say about Kuyt. :D

Hi you Liverpool (and Feyenoord) people.

Nice forum you have here. Many visitors also!

I see you talk here about Holland, so I think I here at the right place.

Mine opinion about Kuijt, maby nice to hear for you from a neutral supporter;)

He is just a great player. Really magnificent, when he has the bal and there seeme to be no way out. He finds always a (opening?) to shoot on goal. When Feyenoord played against us (PSV) I was really impressed by that. Kuijt is thé forwardplayer of the season in Holland and I think that he can't learn anything more in Holland.

For him it's the best to go to England. When he doesn't play very well, he always work hard. So he scores always a 6/6,5 each game.

1. Well anyway, my opinion on Kuijt. I'm a FC Den Bosch fan (yeah, Horseface's old club), and I don't have anything against the person Kuijt.

But as said above, Kuijt isn't a right winger. Kuijt is a true forward, not a striker really. I don't know who watched the game versus Romania last week, but as (s)he could have seen they play was much better after Horseface left the pitch and Kuijt played central.
Kuijt has a good header, is a true team-player and has a high workrate.
Due to his huge workrate he's everywhere on the pitch. He's even the rightdefender if he has to... So that doesn't make him a real striker, he's too often out of position.

2. But as said, Kuijt was everything for Feyenoord this year. He was the big leader for them. I don't know if he can be 'just any of the guys'. When others say something about him, being out of position all the time, Kuijt could get hurt from the inside. He needs other people's respect and other people cheering for him.

O, and please excuse me for my bad English :X.

3. Then I'm sure Kuijt will do great for Liverpool FC, as long as he has to play in the centre, not as a right winger.

And I would be glad to see him leave the Netherlands... He played too good versus Den Bosch

4. As a dutchman liking the sound of the word AJAX a whole lot better than that certain F-word mentioned earlier, i still have to say it doesn't even hurt to admit that Dirk Kuyt is a top quality-player.

Personally i think his style and ability is best to be compared with that of Robbie Fowler, and i love seeing him play,... for holland.

So well,... there are two great reasons why i would definitely give Parry an "intoxicating" tour of simple pleasures through my city (a'dam, obviously) if that'd make him get Dirk.

It's a win-win-win situation (1: less strikingpower at F,.. i don't exactly mind. 2: Dirk will probably improve even further which is nice for WC 2006 but,........ as my heart pumps that red liquid called "lfc" around,................ most importantly,...  LFC will get themselves a gritty, ugly, powerful and very determined forward!  And I'd really love to see him in red)

5. I think Kuijt is much btter than Heskey. He is technically (?) much better and works his :censored: out for the team.

An another important fact is that he has a very stron band with the supporters. His last club before he joined Feyenoord was FC Utrecht. The supporters there still loves him. Feyenoordsupporters are likking his feets, and he always thanks the fans after a game. How bad the game was...

6.  How can you be for amsterdam and Liverpool at the same time?
Liverpool is like, a bigger copy of Feyenoord!

You disgust me.

Once again, hope he stays, but if he goes somewhere, it better be Liverpool.

:D Oh isnt it great you log on a forum and get all this feed back, I hope he comes to us he is gona be great :love:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:06 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Yea fair enough, however no proven goalscorer? - what about Morientes he may not have sparked for us yet, but he IS a proven world class striker.

I hear what you say about Shev, Adriano etc; but to be honest, they are not within our reach (if we are all totally honest), as we have just made recent improvements, maybe if we are winning the league consistently (not every season but you know what i mean, up and battling ALL the time, and also the same in the CL, THEN those type of players will be available to us) I didnt mention such people or consider them as i was being realistic.
Those players would only come to Liverpool (on our current sort of ranking {within players minds} as we have not been consistent at much over the last 15yrs etc; history doesnt count, although players know what we have done, it doesnt make it attractive just on that basis, if it was then players would sign for Nottm' Forest, who (i could be wrong) are now in the Third division {in old skool terms Div 1 being the top}) in the TWILIGHT of their careers...FIGO is a perfect example of that!!  SORRY about all the brackets (barckets for RED37 :laugh:  LOL!!) but many things came at once in my brain and thats best way i could explain it...

But to carry on.......
I think that you mention the strikers you do (from the teams i mentioned) to prove those are the type of players they have......but what i say to that is, we got Mori from REAL MADRID, Cisse was wanted by JUVENTUS, and Baros was wanted by BARCELONA last season, who in the end (luckily for them)got E'too (sp?) instead.

Fair enough Kuijt isn't a PROVEN striker yet (arguable!?), but PROVEN = BIG DOSH (Generally, especially when talking of the Adriano's etc; of the world.)

Morientes is a proven goalscorer at international level, like Baros. He is also proven beyond doubt in the Champions League.
However his domestic scoring record is not impressive, I wouldn't call it world class.
The most recent figure I heard for Shevchenko was 100 goals in 163 serie a games, I know he has played more and scored more now though. Morientes, as far as I know, has never scored over 20 goals in a league season. He is probably past his peak now, so I would not rate him a world class striker at the moment.
Kuyt could be the answer, if he does turn out to be the next rvn or bergkamp like people are saying, but I still miss that security of having Michael Owen with us, knowing that good or bad season he'd still bang in at least 20.
The cost of not being able to keep our best players could take it's toll.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:11 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Oi you lot I joined the Feyenoord forum today and gave them a link to a liverpool forum, look what they had to say about Kuyt. :D

Hi you Liverpool (and Feyenoord) people.

Nice forum you have here. Many visitors also!

I see you talk here about Holland, so I think I here at the right place.

Mine opinion about Kuijt, maby nice to hear for you from a neutral supporter;)

He is just a great player. Really magnificent, when he has the bal and there seeme to be no way out. He finds always a (opening?) to shoot on goal. When Feyenoord played against us (PSV) I was really impressed by that. Kuijt is thé forwardplayer of the season in Holland and I think that he can't learn anything more in Holland.

For him it's the best to go to England. When he doesn't play very well, he always work hard. So he scores always a 6/6,5 each game.

1. Well anyway, my opinion on Kuijt. I'm a FC Den Bosch fan (yeah, Horseface's old club), and I don't have anything against the person Kuijt.

But as said above, Kuijt isn't a right winger. Kuijt is a true forward, not a striker really. I don't know who watched the game versus Romania last week, but as (s)he could have seen they play was much better after Horseface left the pitch and Kuijt played central.
Kuijt has a good header, is a true team-player and has a high workrate.
Due to his huge workrate he's everywhere on the pitch. He's even the rightdefender if he has to... So that doesn't make him a real striker, he's too often out of position.

2. But as said, Kuijt was everything for Feyenoord this year. He was the big leader for them. I don't know if he can be 'just any of the guys'. When others say something about him, being out of position all the time, Kuijt could get hurt from the inside. He needs other people's respect and other people cheering for him.

O, and please excuse me for my bad English :X.

3. Then I'm sure Kuijt will do great for Liverpool FC, as long as he has to play in the centre, not as a right winger.

And I would be glad to see him leave the Netherlands... He played too good versus Den Bosch

4. As a dutchman liking the sound of the word AJAX a whole lot better than that certain F-word mentioned earlier, i still have to say it doesn't even hurt to admit that Dirk Kuyt is a top quality-player.

Personally i think his style and ability is best to be compared with that of Robbie Fowler, and i love seeing him play,... for holland.

So well,... there are two great reasons why i would definitely give Parry an "intoxicating" tour of simple pleasures through my city (a'dam, obviously) if that'd make him get Dirk.

It's a win-win-win situation (1: less strikingpower at F,.. i don't exactly mind. 2: Dirk will probably improve even further which is nice for WC 2006 but,........ as my heart pumps that red liquid called "lfc" around,................ most importantly,...  LFC will get themselves a gritty, ugly, powerful and very determined forward!  And I'd really love to see him in red)

5. I think Kuijt is much btter than Heskey. He is technically (?) much better and works his :censored: out for the team.

An another important fact is that he has a very stron band with the supporters. His last club before he joined Feyenoord was FC Utrecht. The supporters there still loves him. Feyenoordsupporters are likking his feets, and he always thanks the fans after a game. How bad the game was...

6.  How can you be for amsterdam and Liverpool at the same time?
Liverpool is like, a bigger copy of Feyenoord!

You disgust me.

Once again, hope he stays, but if he goes somewhere, it better be Liverpool.

:D Oh isnt it great you log on a forum and get all this feed back, I hope he comes to us he is gona be great :love:

That's a very encouraging post, I have high hopes for this man if he comes, and I know our fans will not fail to treat him as well as those of Feyenoord and Utrecht. He'll have a song made on him for every goal he scores :)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:14 am

XSD wrote:speculation is confirmed

mmmmm........... how funny is it now  :)

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:15 am

It's still pretty funny, if I may say so myself ^_^
Best quote ever.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:15 am

And A.B. thought it was hillarious  ???

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:31 am

XSD wrote:Morientes, as far as I know, has never scored over 20 goals in a league season. He is probably past his peak now,

I agree with a lot u say XSD, but in regard to the point i have qouted, Mori isnt really a 'goalscorer' as such, but firstly a scorer of great goals, and more importantly it is his OVERALL contribuition that is WORLD CLASS, he is a rich mans Teddy Sheringham, if you know what i mean!
Raul has not played well since Ronaldo came and replaced Mori as a starter, wonder why that could be -  1+1=2 !!!!

His link play is exceptional, great passer of the ball, and great with his head too...btw not too shabby at scoring good goals, ie; his first for Liverpool, outside the box, top corner!!
Thing is anyway, in regard to his scoring (numbers) is, that is the whole reason we are probably looking at Kuijt in the first place, for his prolificness (is that even a word  :Oo: ).
That way we will have an array of strikers all with different abilities and attributes, and from what i have seen from Rafa so far, he does tend to pick horses for courses, probably another reason behind the apparent approach for Crouch.

However, i agree he (Mori) is probably past his peak, and he probably peaked in the '03-'04 CL season.
Still great to have in the squad and team, and the younger guys would be stupid not to learn fom him, because he IS class!!
76-1115222408

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion