Owen training with reserves

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:10 pm

Agreed...what more can The board and manager do? they offer owen all he wants, deliver all his requirements to sign and still he stalls and stalls...today's game is all about player power and agent power...I too respect benitez for standing up to owen and if Owen doesn't like it I for one will not miss him one bit. Benitez and Valencia won La Liga and Uefa cup on the back of team spirit and a close knit squad...ego's like owen's have no place in such a system so I think it is time to say adios to him, get what we can and build for a long bright trophy laden future under Raffa the Gaffer!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:08 pm

Has anybody seen or heard anything in the Spanish media to suggest that anyone from Madrid or Barca have spoken to Owen? I can't help but wonder exactly how much truth there is in these reports suggesting that talks are at such an advanced stage.
ivor_the_injun

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:30 pm

Owen,didn't cost us anything when he signed on. Now that Morientes is cup tied I'd say F*ck it and start playing Owen in every game he's fit for . Don't let him go until his contract runs out. Who knows he could have a brilliant final season taking us to CL glory and then decides he should stay with us.
I'm just sick of talking transfer money all the fking time.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby whitehouse » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:32 pm

if that happens owen will be snaped up in jan before the CL starts getting intresting
whitehouse

Postby jymbojetset » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Owen,didn't cost us anything when he signed on. Now that Morientes is cup tied I'd say F*ck it and start playing Owen in every game he's fit for . Don't let him go until his contract runs out. Who knows he could have a brilliant final season taking us to CL glory and then decides he should stay with us.
I'm just sick of talking transfer money all the fking time.

Excellent post, quite agree with you.

Lastest reports of oficial site are reporting £10M and no players! Surely they're taking the p***.

Better use Owen for season and let him go on Bosnan.

Personally I think he's going to sign an extension and all this talk has been stirred up by London media (again!).
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:03 pm

whitehouse wrote:if that happens owen will be snaped up in jan before the CL starts getting intresting

Who gives a sh*t, he can't leave till the seasons over , by then we have some silverware and he can bugger of and keep Becks company on the Madrid bench .  :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:07 pm

This is total ******. 10 million for Michael Owen? The same amount that we payed for Alonso?! Michael is worth more than that, I don't see him going Madrid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:11 pm

These insulting offers are part of the reason why I say Fck them all off and play owen thru to the end of the season. We'll earn a lot more than 10 mill if we push on in the CL .:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:12 pm

couldnt agree with ya more woof f@ck em an lets play him :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:16 pm

Incidentally, the news piece is absolute balls. It turns out that Owen trained twice - once with the first team, and then he stayed on with the reserves.

To me, that sounds like someone trying to sort themselves out and get sharp, not someone that's being cast aside.
ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:57 pm

The media is changing the facts so they can make money, it sickens me.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion