Owen to return - Miss him or not?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:54 am

Owen would consider Anfield return
8 April 2005

Real Madrid striker Michael Owen would have "nothing against" moving back to former club Liverpool.

The 25-year-old moved from Anfield to the Bernabeu last summer but has struggled to command a regular starting place with the Spanish giants.

Owen has been in impressive goalscoring form when brought off the bench for his new club and the England man's lack of opportunities have led to him being linked with a return back to the Premiership.

"Would I return to Liverpool? I would have nothing against it if I had to move for one reason or another," he told Shoot magazine.

"I left Liverpool on good terms, they are still the first result I look out for and I have a lot of friends there.

"I have no bitterness at all to Liverpool and they are still a club very close to my heart.

"It's well documented I don't like sitting on the bench, so let's hope things improve."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:12 am

we do miss him, we never really created many chances under houllier for owen but rafa has introduced a new attacking edge and imagine owen was getting on the end of the deliveries, however if rafa is insisting on playing a 4-5-1 system then he wouldnt be suitable whatsoever, he is too lightweight and isnt like baros in the sense of chasing loose balls down
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:31 am

yes he must have been kicking himself tuesday night alrite, escpecially with them getting beat by Juve.
I am not to sure if rafa will want him back, maybe a swap deal with Nunez going home.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilanBarosLFC » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:35 am

I still think that i was the best thing for Micheal Owen to move on last summer so that he could gain some great footballing experience playing a team of stars such as Real Madrid, but i would be very glad to have him back in the Liverpool side as he would fit perfectly to Rafael Benitez tactics.

But the only problem will be that we will have 7 strikers in Fernando Morientes, Milan Baros, Djbril Cissé, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Neil Mellor, Anthony Le Tallec and Micheal Owen(if he comes).
Beware fellow defenders, Milan is coming !
MilanBarosLFC

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:38 am

MilanBarosLFC wrote:I still think that i was the best thing for Micheal Owen to move on last summer so that he could gain some great footballing experience playing a team of stars such as Real Madrid, but i would be very glad to have him back in the Liverpool side as he would fit perfectly to Rafael Benitez tactics.

But the only problem will be that we will have 7 strikers in Fernando Morientes, Milan Baros, Djbril Cissé, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Neil Mellor, Anthony Le Tallec and Micheal Owen(if he comes).

I think its safe to say Neil mellor will be out on loan or sold to Sheffield united come next season. cant see pongolle being used as a striker either and will probably only be a sub.
Hes not due back till october either, thats an awful long injury spell, about as long as Cisses and that was a whole lot worse weird.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:39 am

Nunez back to madrid?
They wouldnt take him and i wouldnt wanna get rid of him. he adds soemthing to the team.
As for Owen coming back, a lot depends on baros i guess, but yeah, owen'd get in my squad
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:42 am

We need wingers with a bit more flair, SWP, Duff, Cole, C Ronaldo, robben mould, is what we are looking for best game ive seen him in was the derby if he could start playing like that everygame I am sure he would get a start in the first team, I dont know the jurys still out on him I suppose.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:46 am

as much as i like micky owen,  i think the strikers we'll have next season - nando, cisse, pongo, garcia, le tallec - is enough (i don't see milan being here next season). we can't have 3 top quality players (nando, owen and cisse) competing for a place with 2 of them on the bench most of the time.

better to spend the transfer money and wages on the defence... imo

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:30 am

Exchange with Diao with MO .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby laza » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:48 am

I certainly welcome him back with open arms and i guess it would be Baros on his way out to make room for him
Had to laugh at this part of report on Sky site though on the matter

"Owen left Anfield last summer in one of the first deals done by Rafa Benitez, but Owen appears to hold no grudge, and would have no problems returning to Merseyside"

holds no grudge, Geez journos ****** me right off LOL
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:51 am

Would I take back a proven world class striker who is guaranteed to get us goals

Umm let me think about it

YES YES YES
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:52 am

TAFF

BATUNO :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:54 am

Batuno indeed  :D

Amazed at debate whether we would take him back or not
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:56 am

but do you not think someone would have to give way? apart from baros who is probably going anyway? and who would that be?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrardisgod » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:56 am

I woul welcome owen back id like to see a nando owen foward line off course thatll mean cisse on the bench but i think owen morientes would score alot of goals plus i hear ncastles intrested in cisse
gerrardisgod

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion