Owen spotted at melwood training ground

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Raoul » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:49 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I reckon he's had constipation for a week, and just as he was passing Melwood, got caught short. Thus ends the mystery surrounding Owen's brief return to Melwood. And I also believe he left a floater. :;):

that would be from the fish and chips then?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:23 am

Luis Garcia wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:To be honest Banana your fighting a losing battle, as mentioned before the MAJORITY of liverpool fans WANT Michael Owen.

Our strike force is large but also injury prone and not strong. I would say only Cisse has the potential to be better than Owen

Yes , but Shanks, you seem to be brain dead, as Rafa as just bought crouch, and every time he has been asked  if he wants Owen he says NO!

A lot of fans forget he turned his back on them, i think we sold him at the right time, he might not be the same player.

He hasnt once said he didnt want him, he has cleverly avoided stating the answer.
Every time asked he replies we have lots of strikers and need a centre back and a right midfielder, he hasnt actually said no we dont want Michael.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:32 am

banana wrote:Get off Benitez back FFS.

He has clearly told everyone that he is NOT looking for a striker. He is looking for a centre half and a winger. He is even willing to SELL a striker to get more cash for strenghtening other positions.

I say it again. Get off his back. He has my confidence and I trust him to do the right things for the club. I am really looking forward to see if he can sort out our right midfield and defence. Then we will look a strong team. I don't know why there is so much pressure from the fans, the media and all corners on Benitez to sign Madrid's 6th choice striker? If we were to sign a striker from Madrid, I think Baptista, Ronaldo or even Robihno would be much better choices. We need a right winger and a defender to strenghten our first 11. Owen would only be a squad player, 4th choice striker I guess behind Crouch, Cisse and Moro. And for 4th choice I much rather have a young gun like Pongolle or even Mellor. One for the future.

Owen has been up for grabs for ages. But his services are not in demand. Arsenal were looking for a striker. They did not succeed in getting Baptista and they clearly have money to burn but Wenger has said that he don't think Owen will strenghten his team. Mourihno won't have him. Benitez don't rate him. FGergie don't like him. None of the other spanish top team will take him as he is considered a flop in La Liga. Drop this froutless nonsense Owen talk. Owen is a selfish traitor, and he is just looking to get fit for the world cup.

Banana everyone knows that you are dead against Michael coming back, but your anger in him leaving has obviously clouded your judgement.
To say he is a flop in Spain is b@llocks, he didnt get as many starts as he should due to the favouritism and politics of Real, but everytime he was given an oppurtunity he took it.
He was 2nd top scorer for Real only behind Ronaldo even though he was sub most of the time.
I am with you on the fact that we urgently need a centre back and a right midfielder, but if we are given seperate funds for Owen that doesnt interfere with this then only a fool would turn Owen down.
And if he comes back to say he would be 4th choice ?
Your heads in the clouds lad, blinded by bitterness.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:49 am

Luis Garcia wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:To be honest Banana your fighting a losing battle, as mentioned before the MAJORITY of liverpool fans WANT Michael Owen.

Our strike force is large but also injury prone and not strong. I would say only Cisse has the potential to be better than Owen

Yes , but Shanks, you seem to be brain dead, as Rafa as just bought crouch, and every time he has been asked  if he wants Owen he says NO!

A lot of fans forget he turned his back on them, i think we sold him at the right time, he might not be the same player.

Me Brain dead? Your the one making up things rafa has said!  :veryangry

You show me ONE recent quote where Rafa has ruled out Michael Owen and i'll shut up. All he has ever said is that his priority is a CB and RM, an additional striker is always going to be on the cards when Baros is still likely to go.

If you think Cisse, Morientes and Crouch are enough to challenge for the title - your wrong. Injuries happen, look at Crouch already and the season hasn't even properly started.

I never said Rafa would cave in to the opinion of masses, I was stating a fact that the majority of Liverpool fans, the ones who realise his ability, want Owen back
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:09 am

Rafa could have said, "Yes if we sell Baros we would consider looking at Owen, however my priorities are CB and RWF right now".

Anyway, IMO Rafa doesnt want Owen. If Owen was in his plans and he truely wanted him the deal would be on and a transfer about to be completed.

But if the board forces him and there is pressure from the fans and Milan gets a good deal to go and zibbaddi zibbadaa then he might just accept it and get him.

The biggest block in all this will be Real Madrids asking price, last they said it was 16M .. I dont see them accepting less than 9-10-12 M.

Tough call.

Personally Id like him to come back to Liverpool, the fellow deserves to play week in week out and he is clearly 5th choice at Madrid.

Sad but true.
Chelsea forever.

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:28 am

Dunno why you'd like him to come back to us?

By having Owen on our books it would only cut the odds of chelski retaining the premiership

Reds revival!  :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:36 pm

hmm what a strange post.
the truth is that owen has been with Real at a training camp for the last 3 days, if you look at some of the real fans website you can see picks of him there
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:47 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
MCYan wrote:shut the hell up and stop making up stupid topics ot dicsuss

Yeah!..even though i saw him on the 27 bus eating fish and chips, with his i pod on!! :wwww

Did you see what song was playing?  :D

Maybe Rafa is saying that he is not looking for a striker because he has already found one!  :;):  :;):  nudge nudge!  :D
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:49 pm

lakes10 wrote:hmm what a strange post.
the truth is that owen has been with Real at a training camp for the last 3 days, if you look at some of the real fans website you can see picks of him there

Just been on the site, he came on as sub on monday and scored (the goal of the game it says) but couldnt see any photos of the players training from the last 3 days, where about did you see them ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:51 pm

banana wrote:Owen would only be a squad player, 4th choice striker I guess behind Crouch, Cisse and Moro. And for 4th choice I much rather have a young gun like Pongolle or even Mellor. One for the future.

absolutely f#cking clueless.

pongolle or mellor over owen. give me a break. :no

i'd love to hear what stu the red would say about those comments. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:07 pm

stmichael wrote:
banana wrote:Owen would only be a squad player, 4th choice striker I guess behind Crouch, Cisse and Moro. And for 4th choice I much rather have a young gun like Pongolle or even Mellor. One for the future.

absolutely f#cking clueless.

pongolle or mellor over owen. give me a break. :no

i'd love to hear what stu the red would say about those comments. :D

I think Banana has been smoking something funny, because that has to be one of the most hilarious thing I've heard... ever!

Michael Owen, the man destined to be England's top goalscorer, a proven international who can guarentee twenty a season in the league alone, who also pushed Morientes out of Madrid and spent much of last season making Ronaldo and Raul look pedestrian at best, would find it hard to get on your subs bench?   ???

One for the future? If we did things your way, we wouldn't have a funking future.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:11 pm

You are crazy.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Kopboyau » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:25 pm

My brother once went to England and he is an Everton Supporter, and he tells me that Michael Owen is going to sign next week. :D
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:20 pm

My brother once went to England and he is an Everton Supporter, and he tells me that Michael Owen is going to sign next week

They couldn't afford Baros's wage demands, how are they going to afford Owen's?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:25 pm

got to admit this is the best laugh in ages :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion