Owen on the box last night - Was he gutted or what?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PhiLFC » Wed May 04, 2005 7:17 pm

Title speaks for itself really.

I like Owen but he must have been absolutely gutted last night - the atmosphere, the game, the players, the fans, the result - in fact the whole fookin shebang.
PhiLFC

Postby zarababe » Wed May 04, 2005 7:19 pm

:D cause he was gutted.. taking big gulps.. knowing the mistake he made.. :D even his spaniardo sun tan didn't suit him.. :D come on home mikey ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Wed May 04, 2005 7:23 pm

Yeah come on home boy, Rush learnt the error of his ways so can you mate... PhiLFC
PhiLFC

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed May 04, 2005 7:26 pm

To be honest I would have him back and i think if we made a bid for him he would come back. He has seen that the club has moved forward and got out of the houllier ice age. He would suit our style of football now too, not just a hoof up the pitch we actually play football under rafa. He must miss games like that because the atmosphere is different in spain, mind you nowhere is better than anfield.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Wed May 04, 2005 7:28 pm

I'd have him back no hesitation - he's a class act IMO
PhiLFC

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:05 am

He'd cost us a lot more than we sold him for, thats for sure.

He should come back on loan, and play with morientes.
65-1114725958

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:17 am

Yea Zarababe i was gonna say exactly same about owen gulping, sorry to say but it was a pleasure to watch!
I know he scored goals, but he ws never world class but lets not go there.I mean c'mon u all no how astute Rafa is, if he thought he was so ood, he would have tried to keep im, but he didnt. Nuff said really, but to add to that, im sorry but Owen could have easily signed another contract, but i reckon he thought Stevie wa off, so he scarpered...Anyway sorry Micheal, if u cum back its only to warm the bench, let mori and cisse strike a dangerous partnership.

cmon u reds
YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 05, 2005 1:35 am

We should buy him for £8m with Diouf going to Madrid! See how they like it, the barstools!!!! Up the 'pool! :laugh:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu May 05, 2005 1:53 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Yea Zarababe i was gonna say exactly same about owen gulping, sorry to say but it was a pleasure to watch!
I know he scored goals, but he ws never world class but lets not go there.I mean c'mon u all no how astute Rafa is, if he thought he was so ood, he would have tried to keep im, but he didnt. Nuff said really, but to add to that, im sorry but Owen could have easily signed another contract, but i reckon he thought Stevie wa off, so he scarpered...Anyway sorry Micheal, if u cum back its only to warm the bench, let mori and cisse strike a dangerous partnership.

cmon u reds
YNWA

Rafa never had a chance at keeping Owen to stay, the fact that he convinced Gerrard to stay was testament enough, but Owen was leaving regardless.  When Real Madrid come knocking few players have the will to turn them down.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Thu May 05, 2005 4:16 am

Owe should come back.. I have always stood by my stand Players should not join a winning team, but must be a winning team.

Now even Real Madrid is not a winning team. Not in the league and certain not in the CL.

Teams will win and lose but the players role in the team remains in the book.
hobbes

Postby marcus.c » Thu May 05, 2005 4:36 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:He'd cost us a lot more than we sold him for, thats for sure.

He should come back on loan, and play with morientes.

Owen partnering with Morientes, reminds me of when Morientes was at Real, partnering with Raul. That period, they have won a lot of titles. And a big - small striker partnership have always work wonders. Provided both are quality players.

I really do hope Owen comes back. In fact if he do comes back, we would have make a gain. Playing with the likes of Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Owen must have learn a lot on improving his technical skills. This can only benefit us.

For now, I am keeping my fingers cross.
marcus.c

Postby xd3vilx » Thu May 05, 2005 6:39 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:We should buy him for £8m with Diouf going to Madrid! See how they like it, the barstools!!!! Up the 'pool! :laugh:

I Am Very Sure...Real Madrid Won't Sell Owen For $8 Million...
Diouf For Madrid...Wow...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu May 05, 2005 8:19 am

FRom what I spotted on Teletext last night, Owen is going to Aresnal with Reyes going the other way.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Thu May 05, 2005 8:26 am

I dont think owen would go to Arsenal, however good they are. he made that mistake going to Madrid. Comback Litle Mo!
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Thu May 05, 2005 10:20 am

ckay wrote:FRom what I spotted on Teletext last night, Owen is going to Aresnal with Reyes going the other way.

Yeah I saw that too.  So that's the Arsewipes, Manure & Chelski that he's already been connected with... and us.  And do you know what?  All 4 clubs would have him no hesitation.  The aresewipes need a "fox in the box", Manure need him because horseface isn't doing too well and Chelski! Well they've always got Drogba haven't they :D

Have we got first refusal on Mikey boy?
PhiLFC

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion