Owen on the box last night - Was he gutted or what?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby akumaface » Thu May 05, 2005 10:29 am

If we need to pay a huge amount to a striker say 12 to 15 million pounds, would you like to have Owen back or Torres??? I think I will have Torres and not that I don't like Owen, its just that Torres is more skilled.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby PhiLFC » Thu May 05, 2005 10:34 am

I can't answer that - I don't know enough about Torres to make any comment but I know a man who does though..............Rafa "The Chosen One"
PhiLFC

Postby Owen10-Gerrard8 » Thu May 05, 2005 10:43 am

Id go for Owen for his 20+ goals a season

:D   :D
Owen10-Gerrard8

YNWA

Come on Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owen10-Gerrard8

Postby tel » Thu May 05, 2005 11:12 am

akumaface wrote:If we need to pay a huge amount to a striker say 12 to 15 million pounds, would you like to have Owen back or Torres??? I think I will have Torres and not that I don't like Owen, its just that Torres is more skilled.

Owen is the past. We have no need to keep living in the past. We didnt make CL finals when Owen was around.

Torres is the hottest young striker going around. Only Shevchenko would get me more excited.
tel

Postby Sean » Thu May 05, 2005 1:38 pm

Even if we bought Owen, its unlikely he would be paired with Morientes as Rafa is firmly in favour of the 4-5-1 system.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 05, 2005 1:51 pm

owen is class but he doesn't have the speed he once had, I think Rush was better before he left for Juve too.

I think Rafa likes one striker to hold up the ball (he'd hav loved mark hughes) but Owen isn't that type.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu May 05, 2005 1:54 pm

Without rubbing salt in his wounds in some ways its a good thing as it may prove a valueable lesson to others who think they have to leave Liverpool to make it to the big time
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 05, 2005 2:23 pm

In the old days, they used to say that when you leave Liverpool, you have taken a step backwards...still hold true tho
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 05, 2005 2:38 pm

Am not even sure he would come back.
He didnt really seem that happy for the lads when we won, i'd didnt really see anything in him that said he was missing the club, he actually seemed to be trying to swerve answering questions about whether he would love to be playing.
I would have him back but dont think that will happen anytime soon.
I trust rafa will bring the right person in anyway.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu May 05, 2005 4:03 pm

Oh no. What is wrong with people? Is it not possible to let ONE single day pass without another Owen post. Is this the Owen forum, or is it a Liverpool FC forum?

He screwed Liverpool over, and we are now a much better team and a european superpower once again. A feat like that would have been impossible with a selfish striker. A player unwilling, and unable to make the best out of his teammates and sacrifice himself for the team. We need more players like Riise, players with heart and determination. Just look at the effort he put in on tuesday, he ran until he could run no more. And then he ran a little more, and a little more and a little more. After the game he stripped down to his underpants and cried his heart out. This is what we want, and need. And this is what success is built on and legends are made of. There are no coincedences in football, and it is no coincedence that we are better without Owen. Owen was one of the prime reasons why LFC struggled last year (one dimensional, ring a bell?), as is Shearer one of the reasons why Newcastle struggle this year. You probably won't understand this, but that is just friggin DENIAL. In a few years time and after a couple of throphies, maybe then you'll understand.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri May 06, 2005 1:08 am

tel wrote:
akumaface wrote:If we need to pay a huge amount to a striker say 12 to 15 million pounds, would you like to have Owen back or Torres??? I think I will have Torres and not that I don't like Owen, its just that Torres is more skilled.

Owen is the past. We have no need to keep living in the past. We didnt make CL finals when Owen was around.

Torres is the hottest young striker going around. Only Shevchenko would get me more excited.

Totally agree, we need to move on Owen is the past..and to the one who said he was a 20+ man, fair enough but he neva got more than 20 in the league and we really need someone that can do that and score in the BIG games not just the carling cup against weak opposition.
76-1115222408

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri May 06, 2005 7:33 am

When owen was here last season, everyone slack him, saying he was a PAST. now, everyone here wants owen to come back.. pls dun be so critical over things, he left us.. dun come back, will be a step backwards. i believe  even if he is back, when he is not scoring goals , ppl here will slack him again, saying he is a waste of money, that is wat happening to moro now.. get a grip ppl here, be more realistic..
owen is gone, GONE! forget abt him..dun even want to see him back anymore..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby policy » Fri May 06, 2005 9:18 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:u all no how astute Rafa is, if he thought he was so ood, he would have tried to keep im, but he didnt.

I think that Owen will only consider coming back if we can play in the CL next year and ONLY then.

About Benitez, he wanted Owen, but knew that Michael was set in his heart to leave.

IF he didn't want him then, he would have realized mid-season when he even second guessed letting Heskey go.

Bottom line, Michael only regrets that he couldn't carry our team to Istanbul. To Michael, only Michael matters. He is happy he is in RM because he is one of their most prolific scorers. The name on the back of his shirt matters more than the symbol on our front (not Carlsberg).

Why will he think of coming back if we make the CL next year? For his glory.

This is not all bad as long as if would help Liverpool win.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby kazza » Fri May 06, 2005 9:31 am

He gave us good years and scored important goals for Liverpool. Bottom line is we now look better without him, and he left us to play for a winner. I think he tried to do a McManaman, but we sold him first. I'd take him only if cheaper than we sold him. Teach Real a lesson for playing Morientes in that CL qualifier.

Thanks for the memories Michael, and Hasta La Vista, baby.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion