Owen. - Not to manu -

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chelsea forever. » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:54 am

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has insisted the club are not interested in signing Real Madrid striker Michael Owen.

Speculation in England has been rife regarding Owen's situation in the Spanish capital, with all the talk suggesting a return to The Premiership could be on the cards.

The 25-year-old has always said he is determined to be a success at El Santiago Bernabeu, but that has not been enough to extinguish speculation over his future.

Although Chelsea have been linked, Sir Alex Ferguson's United have been the side most commonly associated with the England marksman.

However, Ferguson's assistant Queiroz has dismissed talk of Owen moving to Old Trafford, saying he was not in their plans.

Queiroz was asked by Radio Marca about both Owen and Real team-mate Iker Casillas, but he dismissed both links.

"I admire Casillas but he is not in the plans of Manchester United," said Queiroz. "Owen does not interest us either."

Queiroz was also keen to quash talks of Cristiano Ronaldo moving in the opposite direction and joining Wanderely Luxemburgo's side.

Ronaldo still has three years left on his Red Devils contract and is thought to want an improved deal, but Queiroz insisted Madrid had not been in touch over a move.

"Real Madrid have not contacted Manchester about Cristiano Ronaldo," added former Real coach Queiroz.

---

im sure that makes a lot of people here happy.
Chelsea forever.

Postby babu » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:47 am

Where did you get this from Chelsea forever?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:48 am

It's all over the internet.. check out sky sports news.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:52 am

to be honest, owens a real madrid player, who is being linked with Manure and cheatski, this owen rumour/saga doesnt really have anyhting to do with us until he signs for Manure or Cheatski, then im sure people will have a lot more to say then, but i dont really thing we need a "Man united dont want Owen thread", i mean, when he got linked with Manure someone was quick to start a thread labelling it traitor, now hang on a minute just cos hes been linked with the scum doesnt make him a traitor, Owen cant do fu*k all about rumours really can he???
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:53 am

Garymac wrote:to be honest, owens a real madrid player, who is being linked with Manure and cheatski, this owen rumour/saga doesnt really have anyhting to do with us until he signs for Manure or Cheatski, then im sure people will have a lot more to say then, but i dont really thing we need a "Man united dont want Owen thread", i mean, when he got linked with Manure someone was quick to start a thread labelling it traitor, now hang on a minute just cos hes been linked with the scum doesnt make him a traitor, Owen cant do fu*k all about rumours really can he???

agreed.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:21 am

hopefully the guys on this site that slagged off Owen for going to Manure now feel like d1ckheads.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:23 am

I didnt slag him off, but I would have lost all respect I have for him if he goes to them, its only natural to feel this way as a Liverpool fan.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:18 am

Yeah, it's funny how quick people believe certain rumours and then jump on the bandwagon..
Posting a thread titled 'Owen... the Traitor' is a bit harsh considering nothing had yet happened!!
Might as well have threads saying 'Gerrard... two-faced chelsea lover' etc etc, considering all those rumors too!

That's exactly the reason why the tabloids can post anything they want and get away with it (Danny Fulbrook anyone??).

Anyway, until anything happens.. then lets not get too excited or heated up eh?
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:26 pm

jonnymac1979

Postby taff » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:30 pm

:laugh:

Maybe they will get Ronaldinho as well
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Everton's stupidity amazes me even now!!!!
Well in JM!!!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:38 pm

Have a little nose through the rest of their boards about three pages in, they started a thread on Zidane and another on Shaun Wright Phillips.

Fu*king deluded.  :wwww :wwww :wwww :wwww :wwww
jonnymac1979

Postby Belfastred » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Im stunned at these idiots. Can you imagine if they qualified for the CL next season aswell, the :censored: they would come off with ...." I ve heard rumours Rooney wants to come back to us" or " now is the time to prise Henry from arsenal"

Unbelievable!!!
Belfastred

Postby banana » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:50 pm

who cares anyway?

he will be benched in any top team, and he will not cut his wages in half to play at a poor team like man city, not yet that is. he will come back to england when his lucurative real madrid contract expires with his tail between his legs. realistically he'll play at birmingham or portsmouth. he is going to end up like  steve mcmanaman
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:58 pm

everton fans...

*rolls eyes*

This thread explains the term "bitter" very well:
http://www.nsno.co.uk/forum_viewtopic.php?2.19204
Last edited by XSD on Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion