Owen is 4th choice in real! - New manager sir robson ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:11 pm

Raul started the process with getting rid of Camacho - allegedly because MO took his place. Camacho goes- the new manager gives MO place no 4 among the strikers !? Now papers are writing about Sir Robson as new manager - RM made an "emergency call" to him ?!
I can`t honestly see what MO can do for RM - but I can see what LFC can do for MO ! ???  :love:
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:17 pm

Yeah and apparently MO's only worth £8 million ! :D :laugh: :D :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:17 pm

Fans in Madrid are saying the same thing about Nunez
We let our promising midfielder go and that Pool team breaks his knee on his first day and they gave us a 8 million pound bench warmer in return  :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:29 pm

From BBC News Sport:
Last Updated: Thursday, 23 September, 2004, 08:32 GMT 09:32 UK 

'Real changes shock Owen'

Michael Owen was stunned when Jose Antonio Camacho quit as Real Madrid boss three games into the season.
"There's no doubt this has come as a shock. It's strange but everyone has assured me it is not the norm for this to happen so soon," Owen told The Sun.

After Monday nights game, there should be no doubt in anybody's mind as to what Michael Owen can do for LFC.
Just maybe, come January, the prodigal son could make a return to Anfield.  :;):
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:32 pm

Real Madrid insist they have no plans to replace stand-in coach Mariano Garcia Remon, BBC Sport can reveal.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:34 pm

What you mean Houllier hasnt been linked with the job........nows that a turn up
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:51 pm

laza wrote:Fans in Madrid are saying the same thing about Nunez
We let our promising midfielder go and that Pool team breaks his knee on his first day and they gave us a 8 million pound bench warmer in return  :)

LMFAO.  :D    :D    :D    :D    :D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:59 pm

Redrider wrote:From BBC News Sport:
Last Updated: Thursday, 23 September, 2004, 08:32 GMT 09:32 UK 

'Real changes shock Owen'

Michael Owen was stunned when Jose Antonio Camacho quit as Real Madrid boss three games into the season.
"There's no doubt this has come as a shock. It's strange but everyone has assured me it is not the norm for this to happen so soon," Owen told The Sun.

After Monday nights game, there should be no doubt in anybody's mind as to what Michael Owen can do for LFC.
Just maybe, come January, the prodigal son could make a return to Anfield.  :;):

boll*x we dont want him back, the traitor, he cant come running back here now. he'll look a wally
72-1090627431

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:14 pm

Ive been sayin since last week he'll come back come jan.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:19 pm

cisse....sit down....I...I...don't know ...how to say this.....but......Michael isn't ..coming back!

He's gone....gone I tell yer...gone....aaagh! well
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:21 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Ive been sayin since last week he'll come back come jan.

how can u be sure for some if u talk to the majority liverpool fans in liverpool they dnt want him bak and why should be take him bak if he fails.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:29 pm

I think 90 procent of liverpool fans will want him back why not him and cisse would be a great strikforce. Plus we have first refusal so we would have first choice to say no.
Straight swap back for nunez :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:33 pm

I,for one would have him back. Even though he is past his peak, he is still a class act and his presence would help take the pressure off any lad's coming through, who might develop as our new strike force.
I think his support play for Shrek in Euro 2004 was critical to Shrek's emergence as a Key Striker for England.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:35 pm

Redrider wrote:I,for one would have him back. Even though he is past his peak.

that's the sad thing about michael owen. how can any player be past his peak at 24? the fact of the matter is, he played so much football at such a young age that injuries eventually had a detrimental effect on his game. you look at the way moyes has handled shrek at everton and you can't help feeling that owen should heve been handled in the same manner. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:54 pm

Probably nothing to do with Management, more to do with natural development. Blossoming early, probably leads to a natural early retirement. Shrek's light will start to dim before he is 24. But more probably because of an ill-spent youth !! :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion