Owen in real talks - Yay! now we're slimmer and sexier!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:53 pm

Now, if this is no rubbish, does Rafa think his duty here is to make us slimmer and sexier?  ???

Michael Owen met officials from Real Madrid over the weekend. Word has reached us that Michael Owen will NOT play tomorrow night in our Champions League qualifier game against Grazer AK. This would go a long way to confirming that he may well be looking to ply his trade in Spain next season, as appearing on the pitch tomorrow night would cup-tie him for the rest of the season. Further, we have also been told that Michael and his advisers spent much of this weekend speaking with representatives of Real Madrid and that matters will certainly be concluded this week one way or the other. What we don't know is if he his leaving Liverpool or not. But for the player to meet officials from another club with only 12 months left on his contract must mean that something is in the pipeline.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:54 pm

oh no, now that is worrying.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:01 pm

yes Michael Owen did  met officials from Real Madrid and was said to be happy with what they had to say , it seems a shame that we are getting all this news from Real Madrid and not liverpool
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:02 pm

Owen contract hitch

By James Carroll, Date: 9/8/2004

Michael Owen is facing the biggest decision of his career after his contract talks with Liverpool hit an eleventh hour snag, thanks to interest being shown in the striker from Spain. The Liverpool Echo reports that late interest from Barcelona, along with Real Madrid, has cast doubts over Owen's Anfield future. Whether Owen plays or not  in tomorrow's UEFA Champions League qualifier against AK Graz could prove to be very significant. Owen has just one year remaining on his current Liverpool contract. If he plays in tomorrow's game it will mean that he will be ineligible to play for anyone else in Europe this season. In twelve months time Owen can join another club on a free-transfer and therefore, unless the forward agrees a new deal before tomorrows game then he is unlikely to figure. Liverpool will be reluctant to play him unless he has agreed to stay as it will mean that should his contract talks break down completely, the Reds would be unlikely to get any buyers for the player this summer as he won't be able to play in European competition. Therefore, Owen must either agree to sign an extension to his contract or leave the club.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:06 pm

he's gone....isn't he.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:08 pm

excuse the same post in 2 places, but, does anyone remember my comments about getting rooney in at a small price?

Might still happen if Owen goes ;(
Homebooby

Postby JBG » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:09 pm

That is the first I heard of it.

Owen was saying last week about how he was very close to signing a new contract.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:14 pm

where the hell has this speculation come from? are real madrid selling ronaldo or something?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:17 pm

Is now the time for the sedatives, anfieldadorer ???
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:19 pm

anfieldadorer - can you mention where the news pieces you're quoting are coming from? If it's online, maybe provide a link to is as well as pasting the piece itself.

Not that we don't believe you, but with news that bad, I'd prefer to see it with my own eyes in the place it was first published.
ivor_the_injun

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:20 pm

Even more worrying is the effect this could have on other players. I bet Stevie G is none to happy and has anyone told Carra yet ?
Fk it !!! just when things seemed to be looking up .  :(  :(  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:24 pm

WELL IT MY BE TIME TO CASH IN ON MICHAEL IF HE DOES NOT PLAY ON TUESDAY ID GET RID I ONLY WANT PLAYERS WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR LIVERPOOL NOT PLAYERS WHO ARE PUTTING THEM SELVES IN THE SHOP WINDOW FOR A MOVE TO SPAIN I SAY GET RID IF THIS IS ALL TRUE AND GIVE BAROS THE CHANCE HE DESERVES
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:24 pm

Owens participation in the game vs Grazer would mean that he can`t play CL for another team, wouldn`t it? If he doesn`t I`m REALLY worried :oh:  I can`t imagine that either of the mentioned spanish clubs would sign Owen without the possibility of using him in CL.. I`ve got my fingers crossed for Owen amongst the starting 11...
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:25 pm

WELL IT MY BE TIME TO CASH IN ON MICHAEL IF HE DOES NOT PLAY ON TUESDAY ID GET RID I ONLY WANT PLAYERS WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR LIVERPOOL NOT PLAYERS WHO ARE PUTTING THEM SELVES IN THE SHOP WINDOW FOR A MOVE TO SPAIN I SAY GET RID IF THIS IS ALL TRUE AND GIVE BAROS THE CHANCE HE DESERVES
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:25 pm

it seems like strange timing to me so close to the new season. i thought all interest in owen was virtually killed off after his average showing in the euro's. if he goes and vieira goes madrid will be almost unbeatable. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion