Owen in real talks - Yay! now we're slimmer and sexier!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby madred » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:58 pm

Oh for crying out loud.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:04 am

I'm not too worried about Owen leaving, I don't think he's as good as he used to be, he's lost his pace and misses too many chances these day, I'd be gutted if it was the old Owen going.

Morrientes + cash would suit me fine, but if he did leave I'd thank him personally for all he has done at Anfield and would cheer him like one of our own when he played again at Anfield :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:05 am

I am completely bored with that money grabbing selfish Owen now. He hasn't played well for a number of years and nobody is bigger than LFC. Pack your bags and clear your locker - we want 100% commitment = something Owen has not showed for a very long time. Sick of hearing 'I will sign soon.' Yeah well too late, I used to idolise you m8 now u can just f@@@ off I ain't interested anymore.  :devil:
charwell

Postby XSD » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:22 am

charwell wrote:I am completely bored with that money grabbing selfish Owen now. He hasn't played well for a number of years and nobody is bigger than LFC. Pack your bags and clear your locker - we want 100% commitment = something Owen has not showed for a very long time. Sick of hearing 'I will sign soon.' Yeah well too late, I used to idolise you m8 now u can just f@@@ off I ain't interested anymore.  :devil:

I hope he reads this because then he'll definetely stay, or ask for a divorce.

Anyway, most people are behaving as if he is already left, he has been linked with a move in the summer like a lot of players have, there is still a lot of hope that he will remain at LFC.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:26 am

I'm just p***d of that on the eve of such an important match and the new league season .. michael owen has still not signed on the dotted line.. so much for questioning Gerrard's loyalty.. what's Owen's problem ? This is really unsettling.. I have faith in the new regime.. but the pre-madonna's are causing me no end of grief  :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:31 am

i think this is a load of tosh anyway so i wouldnt worry. Even thoghi dont mind if OWen goes, i dont thik it will happen anyway yet, he has never once said he wants to leave.
72-1090627431

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:07 am

Owen wants Cl football that's all, he is waitinf till we beat Grazer AK until he signs a new contract.

here is a story from soccernet.com.
Owen story
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:25 am

I read somewhere that Patrick Viera's move has stalled because Real is only offering him the same wages as Roberto Carlos, and not as high as the "galacticos" like Zidane, Beckham, Raul and Figo. It is understood that Viera wants to be paid as the top stars and the offer is lower than the 75,000 per week he is getting at Arsenal.

Don't take this the wrong way but it is ****** to say that Patrick Viera is a more accomplished player at the world stage than Owen and is very much coveted by so many coaches compared to Owen. Going by this logic, Owen will be offered a second tier wage at Real unless he is happy about that.

Furthermore, Owen is such a fragile player health wise and he may have to rely very much on his pace as the game there is more technical and tactical then in England. Lately he does not seem to have that much of his electric pace.

With this scenario, would Real be willing to pay any sort of premium for getting Owen? Unless the game plan is to sign him within 6 months of expiry of his contract and he gets to do a Bosman on Liverpool.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:40 am

interesting thought Azriah, considering Mo was skaing 70-80 000 of us, then it would be interexting to see what sort of wages Real would give him. Also, would they start him with Ronaldo, Morientes and Raul still there? Barcelona is probably a more likely option.

I stuill think however, that he is waiting four us to have a secured CL place, then he will sign, so we simply must beat Grazer for that and many other reasons.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:35 am

Benitez revealed that Owen is available for selection against Graz and that he is under no special instructions not to play him in the tie. In stating this Benitez was implying that some media speculation - that Owen would not be selected because it would leave him cup-tied and ineligible for subsequent Champions League action with either of the Spanish giants, so lowering his potential value in the transfer market – was wide of the mark. Benitez was questioned on the subject at Monday’s press conference in Austria, and responded by saying.
"Michael is in the list of players for tomorrow’s game. He is one of 19 players who can play. I have nothing to say on whether he will play or not. If he doesn’t play it is because I have decided to play the other strikers instead.
"I’ve nothing to say on his contract situation. That is for the future. I am just concentrating on the match."

Source
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:41 am

I read that article early today but I don't understand what it means to be cup-tied. Anyone wanna enlighten me?
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:53 am

Well, "Cup tied" means if Owen plays tonight against Graz Ak, he can only play for LFC in CL this year and not with other club.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby begintoend » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:59 am

How many times does he want to stall putting his signature on our contract?

Does MO thinks he is indispensible? That the whole club can wait for him?
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:22 am

Wel......l his contract isn't up untill next year, so why should he be rushed into signing away his future when Houllier just messed with his potential.  Right now he is all revved up and ready to go, he just wants some assurances, which he will get when they crush AK Gratz.  Basically Owen will sign in the near future when he is certain that Liverpool is heading in the right direction.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:17 am

I dont think owens going anywere, dont think life in spain is all that its cracked up to be for english players an becks will have had a word an told owen to stay were he is better the devil you know springs to mind, owens a home bird the baby is 2 young he wont be goin anywere :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion