Owen in real talks - Yay! now we're slimmer and sexier!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:57 pm

Looking at it from Owens' perspective, your 24 with your best years still ahead of you (arguably)...these offers don't come along every day and you'd be mad not to take the opportunity.

Life is all about experiences and the experience of playing for a club like that, in a league like that, with fans like that...is surely something not to be missed.

That's not saying that it is anything better than the uk league, fans etc etc before you all go jumping on me. It's just a different, life changing one.

I for one certainly won't blame him if he goes. You've gotta take your chances when you can. He's given 8 good years to us and a lot of goals....if he goes, we wish him well.

Stevie. G was mentioned in the post. I think the difference between him and Owen is Owen ain't a proper scouser. The bond isn't that great that it can't be broken.

I see all of this change as a real mark that we are going places this season. Mark my words.
Homebooby

Postby barnesrush » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:31 pm

maybe owens talking to real cos he wasnt happy with the money/deal offered by us and wants to scare us into offering better terms.

now im coming up with stupid reasons but i need something to cling to. id be guted if we lost owen and murphy at the same time
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:40 pm

DOES ANYONE ONE THINK THE MURPHY THING MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH MICHAEL CHANGING HIS MIND?
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:48 pm

Hang on, let's not get ahead of ourselves. The fact that other clubs have come in for him doesn't mean that he's changed his mind on signing a new contract.

Incidentally, won't he have already been registered as an LFC player for tomorrow's match? I thought it was being registered as opposed to being played that made the difference in terms of being cup-tied in the CL.
ivor_the_injun

Postby anthony le-tallec » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:56 pm

thats a good point, im sure the register comes round cl clubs about two weeks before the tornament starts ???
anthony le-tallec

Postby akumaface » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:45 pm

Baros is now the happiest man on Earth. :p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:47 pm

Personally I am totally fking gutted.
Just rubbing my hands at the prospect of Owen and Cisse up front for us tomorrow and now this .

:angry:  :(  :angry:  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:50 pm

We shouldn't get too carried away yet, although it is worrying Owen leaving is bad news and would sent out the wrong message across Europe :ghostface:. Fingers crossed that he signs a new deal i'm sure Stevie G stayin will have a big say on things ??? If Baros and Cisse start tomorrow i dont see it as a sign that he's on his way out, you wouldn't see van Horseface :D or Henry playing in a similar game.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:51 pm

What happens happens Woof, I was just listening to Talk Sport and most of the LFC supporters on there and especially 50 yr season ticjet holders sounded happy about it. ???
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:56 pm

Maybe Baros will just take off and become an even better pair with Cisse. I'm sure Rafa will get us there. Chill out mate. I think if S.G. had left, that would be more devastated but to me Owen is a very good player but I think Sinama-pongelle can become just as good for us. Anyway, forward is not our problem while midfield is. So, if that helps bring in another world class midfield, so be it. Our team would be more complete.:;):
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:59 pm

Its vital that Michael stays if we are to be in with a shout of challenging the top three. Make no mistake that if he left it would be a big loss and we would have to look for another big name striker in my opinion.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:59 pm

Incidentally, won't he have already been registered as an LFC player for tomorrow's match? I thought it was being registered as opposed to being played that made the difference in terms of being cup-tied in the CL.

To answer my own question, having just checked the competition rules:

Even though he's been registered by LFC as per last week's deadline, if he doesn't play tomorrow, other clubs have until Sep 1 to sign and register him for subsequent rounds.

A*se.

On the plus side, if Baros plays, this means he's unlikely to go anywhere this season. Then there's still time for LFC to negotiate further with Owen.
ivor_the_injun

Postby barnesrush » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:03 pm

benitez often played at valencia with just one striker as far as i know
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:09 pm

Whatever their potential Baros and Cisse have not yet proved themselves in the prem(i'm sure they will) so its absolutly vital that Michael stays.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:19 pm

I doubt very much that Owen did meet Real Officials.

This is pure speculation

:angry:
72-1090627431

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion