Yes
28%
No
51%
Undecided
21%

Total votes : 78

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:Fair enough RBG, can't argue with those points. All depends on whoever is advising Henry. Need to get a new chairman in first though.

Agreed Bav but I dont think the Reds can afford to miss this particular boat ....I really feel this is the man to give us back our pride ....and if there is any chance of prising him away from Bolton the wheels should be set in motion sooner rather than later
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm

paisleyred wrote:I would appoint Coyle.
Moyes wasn't known a few years back and is being touted at the next Manure manager.
Whats the point of appointing someone of a similar age to Hodgson who doesn't have a 10-15 year future at the club.
I also think Mr Henry would like someone with his attitude and passion.
For me I would prefer to stick to a British manager preferably Scottish.

:laugh:
Moyes for the skanks?
:laugh:
The only ones who are seriously touting him as uniteds next manager are the deluded knobs from across the park. Do you want me to tell you how many trophies hes won in nine years? None.
Thats a great record and must have Gill and the glazers absolutely creaming in their kecks!
:wwww
Oh by the way, Owen Coyle
:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Fair enough RBG, can't argue with those points. All depends on whoever is advising Henry. Need to get a new chairman in first though.

Agreed Bav but I dont think the Reds can afford to miss this particular boat ....I really feel this is the man to give us back our pride ....and if there is any chance of prising him away from Bolton the wheels should be set in motion sooner rather than later

So, youd just pay Roy after a few months, pay the compensation, get in Coyle, then if that dont work pay him out and try again?

Feck me RBG glad you aint running a bank! (you aren't running a bank are you?)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Seems to be some talk of Coyle on other forums too. Have to say it is refreshing taking this bottom up approach, but part of me thinks it's a bit of a risk. I just don't want us to be back where we are now a year from now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:47 pm

I wouldnt want to be taking him straight away, see how his 1st full season goes at Bolton and where they ultimately finish will be a big factor on where he could end up next. Also Roy is still in charge and until that changes I wouldnt want to be lining up replacements but when he moves on Coyle may well be a front runner for the position. Tell you what if it came down to another British manager Id rather have Coyle than McCleish, Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce, he has 100% less connections to Alex Ferguson than those 3 for one. He also tries to play attacking football, something I think Alex McCleish is allergic to.
burjennio

Postby dundreamin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:07 pm

At least We,ve got some discussion going now on this topic. I didn't start it to cause aggro, i did it to gauge peoples feelings. I personally still think its a valid idea. Look where Ferguson Benitez and moriniho started from and they have all won CL. It's not a rediculous idea at all
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Greavesie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

I thought Burnley were pretty solid when he was there. They were certainly a decent prospect at home anyway from what I can remember and he's doing wonders at Bolton, whoever thought Elmander would look anything close to what they paid for him? There's certainly potential with Coyle I would say but he's not proven at our level so 'undecided' it is
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:14 pm

dundreamin wrote:At least We,ve got some discussion going now on this topic. I didn't start it to cause aggro, i did it to gauge peoples feelings. I personally still think its a valid idea. Look where Ferguson Benitez and moriniho started from and they have all won CL. It's not a rediculous idea at all

So now we dont need a manager with a proven track record and plenty of trophies under his belt? Someone who commands respect because of his previous experience and knack of winning? Someone who can work with the best players in the biggest club in the world? Someone who wont be out of his depth and could handle the biggest job in football?
Not Hiddink, or Mourhino or even Dalglish.
No, we need Owen Coyle...
:oops:
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:17 pm

If he can better Roy's achievements at Fulham then we'll see.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:19 pm

dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

So, youd just pay Roy after a few months, pay the compensation, get in Coyle, then if that dont work pay him out and try again?

Feck me RBG glad you aint running a bank! (you aren't running a bank are you?)

No mate not running a bank sadly or for that matter a football team ,because if I did Hodgson wouldn't have got in the car park ...let alone the  hallowed corridors of Anfield   :D
Owen Coyle is my shout for the next Reds manager
Now I'm off to get mullered ...no doubt I will find myself back on line again later ...should be interesting if I can string a sentence together that is  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:20 pm

LFC2007 wrote:If he can better Roy's achievements at Fulham then we'll see.

Is that relevent?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

Is that relevent?
???

Why bring in a bloke who hasn't achieved as much as the bloke we've already got?  ???
LFC2007

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:30 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Is that relevent?
???

Why bring in a bloke who hasn't achieved as much as the bloke we've already got?  ???

Exactly
Irrelevent
Thommo's perm

Postby rocky29 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 pm

doesnt matter who manages this team its the squad that needs changing first.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:05 pm

so who says a manager with a proven track record would take the post then?  Oh yes just passed anfield and there are queuing down to the arkles!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion