28%
No
51%
Undecided
21%

Total votes : 78

Postby boodiddy1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:Id inteprete that as a no. :D

I'm sure he is a nice enough guy but it sounds like Roy all over again only minus the scandi clubs and any other stints abroad. Too often people come out with this "if he can get them playing well then imagine what he can do with the likes of.....".

If prefer to see how he performs at a bigger club first, somewhere like Villa. I just think the next manager we go for, we have to make sure they can do the job. I'm all for an up and coming dynamic manager but I have a sneaky suspicion the owners will want someone more credentials than Burnley and Bolton. Even on Burnley you could question the guys character leaving them mid season like that.

Never managed big club can't to the job? Fergie at Aberdeen, shanks at Huddersfield, mourinho at naval, Benitez at Tenerife. Et etc. Fact is he is young and has done is management the right way! He would definitely give it a good go here at liverpool. No one can predict his success but I see a very astute and confident young jock there! Kenny for guidance and I think you could well have a winner. Never mind a very young manager that could possibly stay for a very long time and create a club like fergie has at scum. Very similar in many ways. However, he'd want to knock united off their :censored: perch.
I get fed up with so many thinking the big name manager is the only way to go. Why not go with someone who has fresh ideas and a youthful outlook on the game. A footballing Jan who wants to play the right way.

We really need a new start from the top down
boodiddy1

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:31 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Then why did we get Hodgson ....if it was just about having an impressive cv ....no MH I think  Coyle is a young and up and coming manager who teams play innovative football and Liverpool are sadly some way off being a top team as it currently stands mate ...so Coyle might just be the ideal man to give us something special and regain our pride ....besides all that 
Its been along time since Anfield has resounded to the flower of Scotland  :;): we just borrowed the tune  :D

I know mate, I agree, I don't think Hodgson was appointed because he had an impressive C.V or anything , I think most on here didn't want him either! I'm just saying in modern football fans in top clubs would want someone who has a continental reputation, who won impressive amount of trophies, not someone whose a small timer (which is a shame mate).

and I think scottish managers are boss, better than the english ones  :bowdown
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Red-er-Dare wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:I wouldnt have Coyle, I would have Holloway though, as said, he wont stand for ANY shoite at all, and he says what he means - Holloway on Rooney

Holloway refered to Alex Ferguson ''being bullied by player and agent''. Could you imagine the outbursts had Roy said that!

Infact, if Hodgson had come out and gave that interview, he'd have been crucified by the 'best supporters in the land'.

hello Mick
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:22 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:Never managed big club can't to the job? Fergie at Aberdeen, shanks at Huddersfield, mourinho at naval, Benitez at Tenerife. Et etc. Fact is he is young and has done is management the right way! He would definitely give it a good go here at liverpool. No one can predict his success but I see a very astute and confident young jock there! Kenny for guidance and I think you could well have a winner. Never mind a very young manager that could possibly stay for a very long time and create a club like fergie has at scum. Very similar in many ways. However, he'd want to knock united off their :censored: perch.
I get fed up with so many thinking the big name manager is the only way to go. Why not go with someone who has fresh ideas and a youthful outlook on the game. A footballing Jan who wants to play the right way.

Well put boodiddy sums up my thoughts perfectly. All great managers have to start somewhere and the way he has turned Bolton from a team that knew only direct, ugly football to a side that can play the ball on the deck, get at the opposition down the flanks but still keep that physical, aerial threat in such a short space of time is a hell of an achievement.

If you want to compare him with Hodgson fine but the big difference is Hodgson is at the end of his career and has even publicly admitted he wont change his footballing style whereas Coyle is up and coming with a point to prove and will improve, grow and adapt as the next few seasons move on.

Why do top clubs need a manager with a trophy heavy CV? Two words for anyone that produces that argument: Pep Guardiola - zero managerial expereince and won EVERYTHING in his first season. What about Kenny in 85/86? Double winners from a man still on the playing staff!
burjennio

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Owen Coyle took over at Bolton with the promise he would ensure they kept their premier league status ,and given the clubs limited funds his first signings were Stuart Holden from the MLS and then Jack Wilshere and Vladmir Weiss on loans ...Bolton finished the season with their premiership status safely assured
This season he has signed Martin Petrov and Robbie Blake ,and Ivan Klasnic all three on free transfers  and has brought the very best out of Elmander and Matty Taylor ....Gary Cahill is now being coveted by all the top clubs and is one of the very best defenders in England under the tutelage of Coyle ....and they sit currently in a champions league place and nobody can refute the fact they deserve to be there
their football is played on the ground and it is quick and incisive passing which catches the eye ...not the long and route one passages to goal that Bolton teams of old are renowned for .... Liverpool need a manager like Coyle who will play the kind of football that could unite the fans .....must we wait 2-3 years for this young vibrant manager to be swooped on by the top teams .....sometimes in football a good manager shines out ....but a great young manager who gives you the impression he  would know instinctively how to put your team back where they belong .....well sometimes that just radiates
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:52 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:

I'm sure he is a nice enough guy but it sounds like Roy all over again only minus the scandi clubs and any other stints abroad. Too often people come out with this "if he can get them playing well then imagine what he can do with the likes of.....".

If prefer to see how he performs at a bigger club first, somewhere like Villa. I just think the next manager we go for, we have to make sure they can do the job. I'm all for an up and coming dynamic manager but I have a sneaky suspicion the owners will want someone more credentials than Burnley and Bolton. Even on Burnley you could question the guys character leaving them mid season like that.

Never managed big club can't to the job? Fergie at Aberdeen, shanks at Huddersfield, mourinho at naval, Benitez at Tenerife. Et etc. Fact is he is young and has done is management the right way! He would definitely give it a good go here at liverpool. No one can predict his success but I see a very astute and confident young jock there! Kenny for guidance and I think you could well have a winner. Never mind a very young manager that could possibly stay for a very long time and create a club like fergie has at scum. Very similar in many ways. However, he'd want to knock united off their :censored: perch.

the avatar ????
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby redhayesy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

why start a topic like this in the first place!! the way this forum is ATM all this does is cause more sh1t stirring,more abuse thrown around etc. ffs & people wonder why really good posters have left this forum!!!

this is bu11sh1t & doesn't deserve discussing in any way whatso ever! people go on about respect etc in other topic's on here - then this happens,you couldn't dis-respect roy anymore if you tried!

please mods look at things like this in future,cause if you want some sort of order with discussion on here,then things like this need to be addressed - if not it will just lead to more aggro on here,than it's worth. the name calling etc is so childish it beyond belief,but topic's like this don't help either.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:22 pm

redhayesy wrote:why start a topic like this in the first place!! the way this forum is ATM all this does is cause more sh1t stirring,more abuse thrown around etc. ffs & people wonder why really good posters have left this forum!!!

this is bu11sh1t & doesn't deserve discussing in any way whatso ever! people go on about respect etc in other topic's on here - then this happens,you couldn't dis-respect roy anymore if you tried!

please mods look at things like this in future,cause if you want some sort of order with discussion on here,then things like this need to be addressed - if not it will just lead to more aggro on here,than it's worth. the name calling etc is so childish it beyond belief,but topic's like this don't help either.

jeez louise where did that come from!!! i like the fight

people will say, they are just looking into if we would like different managers in the future.

the fact it is basically another stab in the back has nothing to do with nothing.

We won another game so a new tact is needed...

Coyle is doing a fantastic job though... but dunno if hed be right for us yet. IF we are gonna get a new manager, wed need someone with a shedload of experience next.. but i stil hope we give Roy the chance he deserves
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:23 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Owen Coyle took over at Bolton with the promise he would ensure they kept their premier league status ,and given the clubs limited funds his first signings were Stuart Holden from the MLS and then Jack Wilshere and Vladmir Weiss on loans ...Bolton finished the season with their premiership status safely assured
This season he has signed Martin Petrov and Robbie Blake ,and Ivan Klasnic all three on free transfers  and has brought the very best out of Elmander and Matty Taylor ....Gary Cahill is now being coveted by all the top clubs and is one of the very best defenders in England under the tutelage of Coyle ....and they sit currently in a champions league place and nobody can refute the fact they deserve to be there
their football is played on the ground and it is quick and incisive passing which catches the eye ...not the long and route one passages to goal that Bolton teams of old are renowned for .... Liverpool need a manager like Coyle who will play the kind of football that could unite the fans .....must we wait 2-3 years for this young vibrant manager to be swooped on by the top teams .....sometimes in football a good manager shines out ....but a great young manager who gives you the impression he  would know instinctively how to put your team back where they belong .....well sometimes that just radiates

very good post mate, and I agree with every word
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:06 pm

I think if he had two good seasons with bolton, i.e. finishing high in the League and maybe winning a cup than he could be thought of as a good choice.
I like his style of football but he needs some substance to back it up....
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:30 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:

Which is why I said let him go to a slightly bigger club and assess his performance from there. Would be too much of a risk right now, especially as 1) we are still paying for the mistake of that kind of thinking the last time around and 2) we have a new owner who wants us pushing for the league within 5 years.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Owen Coyle took over at Bolton with the promise he would ensure they kept their premier league status ,and given the clubs limited funds his first signings were Stuart Holden from the MLS and then Jack Wilshere and Vladmir Weiss on loans ...Bolton finished the season with their premiership status safely assured

Given what Henry wants in the next 5 years can you honestly see him giving the job to someone like Coyle? And would the players respect his presence? Fair play he is an up and coming manager but times have changed, players have more power, the moment they don't respect the managers presence it's downhill from there. Can't see it happening.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:02 pm

bavlondon wrote:Given what Henry wants in the next 5 years can you honestly see him giving the job to someone like Coyle? And would the players respect his presence? Fair play he is an up and coming manager but times have changed, players have more power, the moment they don't respect the managers presence it's downhill from there. Can't see it happening.

If John Henry follows the same blueprint as the Red Sox then yes
Terry Francona was 45 when he took the reins in 2004 ..so again yes  I can see him giving a talented young manager who is full of ideas and invention ,and believes in playing the game the way it was supposed to be played the time to re-invent this club, and win back the passion and hearts of the fans ...as for the players they may choose to bite their lip a touch more with a fiery Jock in control ..... Owen Coyles  time is now and if Liverpool want to be  risen from the ashes  then they need to act now
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 pm

The owners have stressed repeatedly their interest in building from the ground up rather than going for that quick fix, I assume they mean that in the bootroom as well as on the pitch. They are not going to go out and throw money at the Jose Mourinhos of this world who come with that huge reputation but not a philosophy of developing youth - rather sacrificing it for a few big name players who, in Mourinhos case anyway, pretty much deliver the goods but work only in the short term. Look at Chelsea, its been 6 seasons since he joined there and they still havnt brought through a single youth team player. I know our record in recent seasons hasnt been stellar in that department either (or the Mancs for that matter) but we have been at least trying to improve our quality of youngsters coming through albeit with limited success.
burjennio

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Fair enough RBG, can't argue with those points. All depends on whoever is advising Henry. Need to get a new chairman in first though.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion