Yes
28%
No
51%
Undecided
21%

Total votes : 78

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Pep Gaudiola had little experience when he took over Barcelona...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Sounds like a decent option.  Wonder how he'd handle "big" players though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:26 pm

jacdaniel wrote:Sounds like a decent option.  Wonder how he'd handle "big" players though.

I hope by setting them on their ar.se and showing them the door if need be.

I would like to see a youngish manager come in at the next change, someone with the potential to stay 10+ years. But whoever it is will need the support from supporters and the owners from the outset. Players should be professional enough to play for the club & the boss.

I think a british manager has a higher chance of staying long term and building a good youth system. Just my opinion.

But I am not sure Owen Coyle is the right man. But if LFC did take a punt, he wouldn't be the worst choice.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:29 pm

all i'll say is i'll judge him at the end of the season. allardyce regularly got bolton into europe (they finished 6th one season). curbishley got charlton to 7th.

he's flavour of the month at the moment. a few weeks ago people were saying the same about di matteo and since then west brom have had a nightmare. same happened with hughton for a couple of weeks.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:38 pm

thing is with Coyle...  it'd be just our luck we'd ignore him and then when Fergie either dies or retires Coyle would take over at Utd and do wonderful things with them (and I don't mean get them relegated) :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:40 pm

So lets get this straight
Roy Hodsgon who has decades of experience at club level all over europe plus at international level is out of his depth at LFC.
Yet Coyle, whos managed Burnley and Bolton wouldnt be?
:laugh:
Sign him up then...
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Thommo are you .....and I mean this in all seriousness Hodgson's publicist ...Here's how I see the situation ....Hodgson has had 35 years stubbornly playing the game the way he believes it should be played ...unfortunately he doesn't deem Liverpool a big enough team to tweak his football philosophy even a touch (and I mean this in the way he sets up in away games ) ,and that's a problem ....or don't you think so  ? and besides this is a poll to decide who amongst us would want Coyle as manager
just like the many many polls that sprung up whilst Benitez was manager ...so I ask again in all honesty what's the problem in discussing Owen Coyle's merits ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Thommo are you .....and I mean this in all seriousness Hodgson's publicist ...Here's how I see the situation ....Hodgson has had 35 years stubbornly playing the game the way he believes it should be played ...unfortunately he doesn't deem Liverpool a big enough team to tweak his football philosophy even a touch (and I mean this in the way he sets up in away games ) ,and that's a problem ....or don't you think so  ? and besides this is a poll to decide who amongst us would want Coyle as manager
just like the many many polls that sprung up whilst Benitez was manager ...so I ask again in all honesty what's the problem in discussing Owen Coyle's merits ?

No Im not Hodgsons publicist
I am merely pointing out that some who have screamed he is out of his depth (without actually clarifying what this means) are seriously discussing a young(ish) inexperienced manager to come to this huge, massive club without a hint of irony.
I am not defending Hodgson I am only asking why Coyle should even be considered a candidate with his total "out of his depthness"?
:)
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Hodgson has had 35 years of management and shown he should stay at lower to mid table teams - Coyle has been managing for a couple of years and has had success and the big difference " success playing a better brand of football "
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Hodgson has had 35 years of management and shown he should stay at lower to mid table teams - Coyle has been managing for a couple of years and has had success and the big difference " success playing a better brand of football "

As St Michael said, jusdge him at the end of the season... do the same with roy i say
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:46 pm

I will do indeed - as we can't yet I'm judging on what I see currently .
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I will do indeed - as we can't yet I'm judging on what I see currently .

through those Rafa coloured specs?  :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Lee J wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I will do indeed - as we can't yet I'm judging on what I see currently .

through those Rafa coloured specs?  :D

I'm sorry you will have to point out anyone mentioning previous manager - put the matches and big wooden spoon away
Benny The Noon

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Can't believe some people said No to Ancelloti.

He has won domestic titles in both Italy and England and is the most successful manager in the CL in the last 7 or 8 years with 2 wins and once runner up.  He also knows what it takes to manage a "Big" club.

I doubt he'll be leaving Chelsea soon but if he did and he wanted the job, surely we'd find it hard to say no.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Thommo are you .....and I mean this in all seriousness Hodgson's publicist ...Here's how I see the situation ....Hodgson has had 35 years stubbornly playing the game the way he believes it should be played ...unfortunately he doesn't deem Liverpool a big enough team to tweak his football philosophy even a touch (and I mean this in the way he sets up in away games ) ,and that's a problem ....or don't you think so  ? and besides this is a poll to decide who amongst us would want Coyle as manager

No Im not Hodgsons publicist
I am merely pointing out that some who have screamed he is out of his depth (without actually clarifying what this means) are seriously discussing a young(ish) inexperienced manager to come to this huge, massive club without a hint of irony.
I am not defending Hodgson I am only asking why Coyle should even be considered a candidate with his total "out of his depthness"?
:)

i agree with thommo he would get the same treatment as roy as soon as he loses a couple of games everyone will say hes out of his depth.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion