Our we missing harry? - Our missing man

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gato_busta » Wed May 30, 2007 12:30 am

For the 2 million pounds that Villa are supposedly offering for him, we should keep him. When fit he is amongst the best left wingers in England, thing he proved in the 2005-2006 season. A fit Kewell is worth more that 2 million and if he can stay fit next season and show what kind of player he trully is, then we should try to keep him on lower wages. However if does not, then let him leave.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby stapo1000 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:25 am

kewell has got undeniable talent. The best winger at the club. no doubt he's part of rafa's plans. With the introduction of a right winger(simao maybe) and harry fully fit, our midfield will be complete
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed May 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Kewell keen on staying
Oliver Kay and Gary Jacob
May 31, 2007

HARRY KEWELL intends to fight for his place at Liverpool, despite interest from Aston Villa.
Martin O'Neill, the Villa manager, is understood to be lining up a double bid to sign Kewell and Craig Bellamy, who is surplus to requirements at Anfield, but Kewell hopes to earn an extension to his Liverpool contract, which expires next year.

Kewell has been given a boost in the past week - with both his left-wing rivals, Boudewijn Zenden and Mark Gonzalez, about to leave the club - but coach Rafael Benitez hopes to bring in a top-class reinforcement in that position. Florent Malouda, of Lyon, is the favourite and is available for about pound stg. 10million ($24.2m).

Mancini, the AS Roma winger, is a possible target, while Benitez is also monitoring the situation of Carlos Tevez, the West Ham United forward.

Wigan Athletic has stepped up its efforts to sign Liverpool's Sami Hyypia, despite his claim he plans to stay at Anfield for the final year of his contract.

The Times
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 30, 2007 5:25 pm

Your thoughts mirror my own, RD.

When I had an argument about Gonzalez with other fellow mates and supporters, they prefered him to Kewell. My point to them was why we finished so high up with so many points in the league last season. I singled out Harry for that alone, to which their reaction was "f*ck Kewell!!". A fully fit, and fully on form Kewell = more points for us and I'm 100% certain of it. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasn't followed enough football within the past 10 years.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:23 pm

DAVID DAVUTOVIC, SYDNEY
June 08, 2007 02:15am
Article from: Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
LIVERPOOL star Harry Kewell will be part of the Socceroos' Asian Cup mission after the star attacker was given the all-clear by his club.

Kewell and Tim Cahill will today be named in a 23-man squad for next month's tournament, but missing will be long-time servant Josip Skoko who yesterday announced his international retirement.

Striker Mark Viduka is also expected to be named despite finalising a move to Newcastle this week.

The return from injury of Kewell and Everton midfielder Cahill, who yesterday confirmed he is on track to be fit, is a massive boost to Australia's Asian Cup hopes.

A key part of Kewell's availability centred on Australian and Liverpool physio Les Gelis joining the Socceroos in camp.

Financial constraints and their availability cast doubt over whether the World Cup medical dream team of Gelis and Anthony Crea would go to Asia, but their presence was confirmed late last week.

Kewell's manager Bernie Mandic last night confirmed: "Everything has been agreed between Liverpool and FFA for Harry to be there. The training regime that Graham Arnold outlined to Liverpool has been approved."

I may be reading too much into this but it doesn't sound as though Kewell is going to be leaving us. Hopefull he has a great tournament and more importantly comes through it injury free.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:34 pm

It seems that if Liverpool sends the physio is because they plan to keep the player and take care the work done is appropiate for Harry.

Hopefully, he'll get some match fitness and remember the sensations of being a footballer. Despite I don't like him as a first option winger, I think he's good enough for this squad as a squad player, or second option.

IF we assume that this is true, and the other article about keeping Alonso and Sissoko is true (Alonso has confirmed it anyway) it seems that Rafa is indeed keeping his word of keeping most of  the players we already have, and reinforce the team to achieve a deeper and better squad. It makes sense.

Best of lucks with the Socceroos.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion