Our squad - Not that weak..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Just saw part 2 -

Konchesky features in one photo. Be interesting if Kenny gives him a second chance?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:52 pm

I just can't believe Koncheski and Paulson are still here.

If they even get 1 minute on our reserve team it would be a total scam.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Whos the Kluivert lookalike in between Meireles & Poulson in Part Two (photo unattached)? plus the very last photo too? Thats not El Zhar is it?
mramo

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm

only me wrote:I just can't believe Koncheski and Paulson are still here.

If they even get 1 minute on our reserve team it would be a total scam.

KK has got them as the ball boys
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Raoul » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Why are they wearing those sports bras? The moobs got away on them over the break?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:02 am

Raoul wrote:Why are they wearing those sports bras? The moobs got away on them over the break?

Someone has never done pre-season training methinks...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Raoul wrote:Why are they wearing those sports bras? The moobs got away on them over the break?

Sports Bras? They're GPS device vests.

They send wireless signals to the associated software running on laptop or workstation which monitors various things like heart rate, distance covered and speed.
mramo

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:45 pm

mramo wrote:

Sports Bras? They're GPS device vests.

They send wireless signals to the associated software running on laptop or workstation which monitors various things like heart rate, distance covered and speed.

:nod

GP Sports: Tracking Technology

Today saw a lot of the Premiership teams put through their paces back at their training grounds as the first day of pre-season began. Being an #LFC fan, I was eager to check up on my teams progress on their first day, and also to see what kind of shape Big Andy Carroll was in after his Ibiza and ‘Glasto’ adventures. Apart from the excitement of Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky being back at Melwood, I noticed each player wearing a black bra-type bib. Bigandy

So what is GP Sports? According to their site (http://gpsports.com/gpsports_website/), GP Sports Tracking and Analysis Technologies are being used to improve the performance of elite team sport. They have revolutionised how team sport athletes prepare and manage themselves. For decreased injuries, weekly planning, allowing more time to be spent on speed and power activities, and more game specific programming. As well as Liverpool, their clients include Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Barcelona. It is used by teams from other sports as well, with the South African Cricket team using it, and Australian rugby team St George Illawarra Dragons Football Club. A full client list is given here.

The most common product used is the SPI Pro X. This offers more in-game analysis. An impressive feature is showing the work load of each athlete, and how close an athlete is to injury. This means, if you have a target for training, for example, a body load score of 980, they can train until they hit exactly that point. This means feedback can be given on workload throughout training. There is an iPhone app for collecting the information. Lfctrain

I know from experience in tough training, certain people are quick to call the bluffers and say who isn’t ‘putting it in’. This technology would be great to try out. Also, playing an amateur sport (Gaelic Football) and having gone through the rehabilitation stage of injury, it would have been brilliant to be aware of my limits when attempting to strengthen my injury. I must have re-torn my quad muscle 3 times after the initial tear. It would also get rid of this "it'll tighten ye" attitude, where people are pressured to play through pain at their highest level when they only make an injury worse. However, do not...i repeat...DO NOT...tell the world for weeks you are in fighting shape, the fittest you have ever been, and then when you crumble, stand on the table at your press conference and show the world your injury.

Link
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7dDAl-VMM&feature=feedu
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Last edited by Igor Zidane on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:28 am

now with two more midfielders in the team which were obviously needed??? it still leaves us crying out for a left winger,a left back and a centre half.
downing looks like he could very well be the next in and after that its really important to get a centre half as i think if forced kenny will make do with johnson at lb and robinson and aurelio as back up till he raises funds from the deadwood.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 am

maguskwt wrote:if we have Agger and Aurelio fit, I believe that we have a strong enough defense.

how long have we been saying that. all our left backs needs to be sold. end of. Aurelio, Konchesky and Insua are just not good enough.

So even though I believe that we could do with some additions of a winger and a good back-up striker, it seems that our squad is not as weak as alot of people are making out to be.

Aurelio, Konchesky, Insua, Spearing, Poulsen, Aquilani, Maxi, Jovanovic, Ngog and El Zhar needs to rid off. and perhaps a new defensive midfielder because Lucas, as much as he has improved, is not good enough.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 pm

I fancy us to do great things this season.

When you look at other clubs in and around the "big four", City are neither here or there,dont know their best 11, chopped and changed every week. They will not be the same team without Tevez.

United, are not looking stong, very lightweight in midfield, with Scholes calling it a day, and Giggs seeming to have had the Female population Carrick and Fletcher are never dominating any football game. :D

Arsenal are falling to pieces, Fabregas wants away, aswell as Nasri, Cliche has already gone.

Chelsea?? New management who knows who will go/stay. Unpredictable.

Am i being bias here or seeing things clearly?

I can see us being in the title race, and winning silverware next season!

With regards to our squad, the addition of Adam ,Henderson and by the looks of things Downing to follow, are top quality (proven in the Premier League signings). Also are the signings in January. With the guidence of King Kenny i see great things to come with this squad.

YNWA
Kopite-Jud

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:I fancy us to do great things this season.

When you look at other clubs in and around the "big four", City are neither here or there,dont know their best 11, chopped and changed every week. They will not be the same team without Tevez.

United, are not looking stong, very lightweight in midfield, with Scholes calling it a day, and Giggs seeming to have had the Female population Carrick and Fletcher are never dominating any football game. :D

Arsenal are falling to pieces, Fabregas wants away, aswell as Nasri, Cliche has already gone.

With regards to our squad, the addition of Adam ,Henderson and by the looks of things Downing to follow, are top quality (proven in the Premier League signings). Also are the signings in January. With the guidence of King Kenny i see great things to come with this squad.

YNWA

feck, Tottenham are gonna win the league!!!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Kopite-Jud wrote:I fancy us to do great things this season.

YNWA

feck, Tottenham are gonna win the league!!!

:laugh:

I'm okay with the signings we've made.  Hendo was too much, but in the long-term I fully believe he will be a good signing.  I'm thrilled about Charlie Adam signing and I hope we get Downing as well.

Saw this on one of the articles on LFC.TV

It's the guys projected lineup for the players he's sure we will sign by the time the window closes.

Reina

Johnson  Carra     Dann   Enrique

Gerrard      Henderson    Adam

Suarez   Carroll   Downing

Interesting lineup there... Not sure Adam could be best used as a left winger, tho he does have all the attributes of a great winger.  Henderson starting in the middle of Aqua, Meireles (Both maybe gone) and Lucas is laughable, tho at the same time maybe it's not.  Downing playing as a third strike makes no sense tho.  The only way I see us playing a 4-3-3 at this point is if we play Gerrard on the right, Adam in the middle, Downing on the left, and a player like Mata as the third striker.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion