Pessimists
24%
Idiots
48%
Sexy ;)
No votes

Total votes : 46

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:45 pm

where would you put those saying our squad's not good enough to finish top three in the upcoming EPL?
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:57 pm

Idiots.

Ipswich weren't good enough to finish top 6 a few seasons ago but did.
115-1073096938

Postby XSD » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:57 pm

We certainly are good enough. With the right management, good form from most of our players and not too many injuries there is very little to seperate us from the 3 we finished below last season.
I think anyone who says otherwise doesn't have much insight into LFC, or much experience/knowledge about the history of the premiership.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:06 pm

Did we finish in the top three last year?. No,why, because we were not good enough.This year we have almost the same sqaud.So why do you think we'll do any better?.I'am sure we wont be 30 points behind the winners, but we will not be the winners.And second is nowhere.Anyone disagree.?  ??? ???
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:04 pm

not only are we not good enough to finish in the top 3, we are a clear mile away!

I cant believe a lot of fans think that the squad that we've got can just press some kind of "switch" and something magical will happen this year.

Remember we got beat at home by southampton, Charlton,and drew 0-0 with the likes of everton and fulham, which games i was at, in some major woeful performances witht he likes of Hamann, Biscan, Murphy in the team etc.

Those players arent gonna improve that much. Im sure Stevie g will give his all, but talk of a "revitalised" Biscan, are getting on my hairy ******. No way should we play him in midfield.

Benitez Is probably training them a lot harder to weed out the weak players in the squad!

I wish we would make some ground breaking signings and soon.
72-1090627431

Postby barnesrush » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:44 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby lakes10 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:16 pm

i think we are in not to bad shap but i think we still need one or two more new players
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:26 pm

Did we finish in the top three last year?. No,why, because we were not good enough.This year we have almost the same sqaud.So why do you think we'll do any better?.I'am sure we wont be 30 points behind the winners, but we will not be the winners.And second is nowhere.Anyone disagree.? 

Because Kenny... my young son :D

Listen, i'm not trying to patronise but just listen then re-think your opinion. We had some very good players underperform last season where as the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea all had there best players on top of there game.

Gerrard had a superb season. 9 out of 10.
Hyypia a good season 7 out of 10.
Carragher a good season 7 out of ten but was out for 6 months.
Owen, Kewell, Riise, Murphy, Hamann 6 out of 10. Average by there own standards.

****** it i can't be arsed goin into detail. lol. All am sayin is alot of our players underperformed, the top sides didn't.

Tactics which didn't suit certain players and staleness and injuries hindered us this season. None of which will do to the same effect this season. My point is we all know Hyypia, Owen, Baros, Carragher, Riise, Henchoz, Murphy are all capable of playing better than they did last season and Cisse will add something aswell.

Its looking good.
115-1073096938

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:52 pm

i vote pessimists
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:52 pm

I would say they are bordering  between pessimism and serious negativity  .
We have a good a chance as Arsenal or Chelsea of finishing in one of the top 3 positions
Moreover we now possess a squad who are familiar with each other and in Cisse ,Owen ,Baros ,not to mention Pongolle we have a formidable forward line .
Furthermore in Benitez we have a young bright innovative manager who will construct a team that play
Possession football in its simplest and most dazzling form .
Benitez will also add quality  before the start of the season  make no mistake Liverpool will be up there,
Because  we now have a manager that will not accept  failure .
Even second best  for Benitez will not be tolerated for long  .

:D :D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:14 am

were gonna have to give up these arguements soon cos it just goes round and round. i think well have a good season even if we dont get any new players. i definately feel we will improve dramastically on the last 2 seasons and wont be anywhere near as far as 30 points from the top.

i feel most of the fans see we have all or most of the key components a great team needs if it is to challenge for honours if not perhaps the strongest squad. anyone who supports liverpool and already feels we are doomed (scottish accent :) )this season is a natural pessimist or a fickle idiot who will be telling fellow fans that they had high hopes for this season when the team prove them wrong by completing a succesful, progressive year.

rafa is the man for the job on paper. he is liverpool through and through in his style of play and in his style of succes at valencia. we need a manager who can form good inexpensive players into a quality competitive team and his record at this speaks for itself.

all the bloody frasers from dads army can shove their support up their godfreys.

im not arguing about it any more just in my opinion this club is going places.

(i might be wrong but id rather look on the bright side than feel like a tw*t when we win the league by not spending ridiculous amounts on big time charlies)
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:22 am

Looking at the Squad of players we possess and the underperformance of so many last season due to a combination of injury, poor tactics and the inability to convert free kicks or penalties it is highly unlikely we will repeat the mistakes of last season and in my opinio we are well cpable of finishing in the Top .

Maybe my glass is always half full but with a new season upon us and a bright new manager who is tactically aware and is used to competing with teams with far greater finances at their disposal I'd say we are well placed to make a serious challenge.

Will we win it ? I think not but I think for most LFC fams we would like to see us challenge and have a say on where the Prem title goes.

Last season our Home form was terrible when we failed to win HALF our games at Anfield. We need to address that and I'm sure Benitez is well aware of how failings last season. We also tended to sit on 1-0 leads and ended up conceding goals to inferior opposition and dropping pts.

I'm not naive, i realise we need a Quality right sided midfielder and also a centre back but the signs are good ....the futures's bright , the futures RED :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:33 am

maybe we do need a bit more strength to win it but not to carry on having succesful seasons to keep the money rolling in. most youngsters are on decent length contracts ( or soon to be ) so we should continue to have a solid base which can slowly be built on with champions league money.

a bit of naiveity (is that a word) oh yeah pessimism is creeping into my posts now by saying that the last thing we want is to splash the cash and end up having to spend more than expected on a new stadium which could put us in the sh*t. were never immune to becoming the new leeds (however unlikely)
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:42 am

I just cant believe what im reading!

So most of  you blame last seasons poor season, on under performances? ???? ???? ???

So when Arsenal went the whole season undefeated, was that just down to luck then or "overperformances" ??

Listen Ill tell you what its all down to, thats CLASS!

Look at Liverpool teams of the past, John barnes.....CLASS, Dalglish......CLASS,....Beardo.....CLASS!, Ray Houghton...CLASS!. RUSHIE.....CLASS!
the list goes on!

Aresenal have it today.I dont want to slate what benitez is doing , but i dont reckon he knows the whole story.
Never mind ****** players who underperform! there are players you can buy that will perform 9 times out of ten.

Im sick to death of repeating myseilf but you tin heads have no idea.
A lot of LFc fans will be gutted that the players they were hoping would be sold in the summer, Murphy, Biscan, Diou, smicer hamann, etc are still there!

Bo**ox!
72-1090627431

Postby adayinthelife » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:46 am

Do some people not realise what difference a class manager makes ???

All you fools who think we cannot improve with the same squad realise how pathetic we were last season against the lesser teams ???

In 30 matches home and away v the 15 teams outside the big 5 we scored a pitiful 52pts out of 90.

Benitez and Cisse arriving are 2 huge improvements.

Plus from what I can see he is clearing out the squad of the ****** making room for some arrivals,yet alot of fans seem to have lost their patience and nerve. :D

Have faith in Benitez,wipe your eyes and stop moaning or I will get houllier back in charge and really give you something to cry about. :laugh:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion