Our reputation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I'm confused by one thing: didn't the FA call off the pre-match handshake between Chelsea and QPR the other week just to avoid this kind of circus?  If so, why was it not called off yesterday?  Is it possible that this is a media circus the FA wants to let play out because it doesn't actually involve English players?  What a shambles.

Kenny told the press that Suarez WOULD SHAKE HANDS before the match...that's why the FA didn't call off the usual pre-match handshake....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:I'm confused by one thing: didn't the FA call off the pre-match handshake between Chelsea and QPR the other week just to avoid this kind of circus?  If so, why was it not called off yesterday?  Is it possible that this is a media circus the FA wants to let play out because it doesn't actually involve English players?  What a shambles.

simple answer Bob, yes. If Suarez was English he'd be protected to the hilt. Dare I suggest the FA discriminate against foreigner players?  :D

Well, thank fook Evra's only a cheese-eating surrender mon  ( :blush: ) lover then.  Imagine the heat on Suarez if he were English?   :Oo:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
destro wrote:For the first time ever I actually found myself agreeing with Gary Neville, that just shows me how far emotions have been stretched and how far opinions are torn on this whole saga.  :(

To my surprise I also found myself agreeing with Nevilles' pre match comment.

sic. "It's not a beauty contest, players don't have to like each other, if a player doesn't want to shake hands I don't have a problem with that"

For myself I think that shaking Evra's hand would have been the "politically correct" thing for Suarez to do, he obviously didn't and as anticipated the reaction from the press has been nothing short of hysterical as has the reaction from some fans.

Its not what hes said in the mail today
Curiously
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Why am I not surprised that

1, he's changed his tune

2, you read "The Mail"

:eyebrow

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Circle the wagons boys and girls and stick together like clue. We are Liverpool football club and we fight injustice to our own . F.uck the press , f.uck sky , f.uck ferguson , f.uck evra and f.uck the FA F.UCK THEM ALL AND FIGHT OUR CORNER, FIGHT FOR KENNY AND FIGHT FOR SUAREZ
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:54 pm

worcester_red wrote:
supersub wrote:Talk about over-reacting...affect sponsorship, stadium naming rights...I hope the plastic fans and WUM's fu.ck off and support Chelsea

by plastic fans do you include Warrior and Standard Chartered?

If you don't think this is a major concern to the owners then with all due respect you clearly have bugger all idea about business.

I admire your passion but to defend Suarez when he lied to Kenny and childishly refused to shake Evra's hand is a bit misguided in my opinion.

Personally I support the club not necessarily all the individuals in it, there is a difference.

No mate I think he means me. 48 years old and a red all my life. Now suddenly I'm plastic.

Still, its takes all kind to make a world.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Circle the wagons boys and girls and stick together like clue. We are Liverpool football club and we fight injustice to our own . F.uck the press , f.uck sky , f.uck ferguson , f.uck evra and f.uck the FA F.UCK THEM ALL AND FIGHT OUR CORNER, FIGHT FOR KENNY AND FIGHT FOR SUAREZ

Amen brother!

:buttrock  :buttrock
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:58 pm

evra is a nasty little cunnnnt

i wouldnt shake his hand either

as for reputation its bulllshittt, man utd have had scandals, chelsea have terry the racist too

it dont affect them!! massive overeaction
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Circle the wagons boys and girls and stick together like clue. We are Liverpool football club and we fight injustice to our own . F.uck the press , f.uck sky , f.uck ferguson , f.uck evra and f.uck the FA F.UCK THEM ALL AND FIGHT OUR CORNER, FIGHT FOR KENNY AND FIGHT FOR SUAREZ

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:01 pm

LittleHobo wrote:evra is a nasty little cunnnnt

i wouldnt shake his hand either

if suarez dont like him, then dont shake his hand  :D

i for one loved it

on the handshake I have to say he should have just done it. Sometimes our reputation comes before a principle, we know how his refusal would be perceived and we're all the worse for it. Suarez should have swalled his pride and just got on with it, we could do without petrol on the fire.

BUT

I applaud Suarez for sticking to his guns on the matter, he put all the pressure aside and stood for what he believed in. I think that's bold regardless of my perception regarding what he should have done. Fair play on that one. Evra needs a slap for being a girl about it tho.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Evening MH.  :laugh:

Shame we didnt watch teh match together, that would have been fun!

Not so sure in this modern age you can circle the wagons and still attract the right sort of player and backing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Reg wrote:Evening MH.  :laugh:

Shame we didnt watch teh match together, that would have been fun!

Not so sure in this modern age you can circle the wagons and still attract the right sort of player and backing.

Who is that then REG , the right sort of player ? Ryan giggs  (shagging all kinds ) Wayne rooney ( granny :censored: ) rio ferdinad ( missing drugs tests ) or maybe patrice evra then ( lying manipulating boy who cried wolf c.unt of a man ) Maybe that's the type of player we should attract reg .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 pm

as much as I want to applaud this...

...we can't. In doing so we alienate others. I absolutely love being part of Liverpool FC but the way we're being destroyed at the moment isn't good for anyone. Everyone across the world will have their idea of us now and the trouble is the 'r' word sticks, it's hard to remove - the more we fight the more mud will get thrown in our direction. We really could be without the seige mentality, I fully believe all of this should be reversed as soon as is pracitcable and we start talking about Liverpool FC in a footballing context
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mistyred » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm gonna have my say so far i haven't really said anything.

Firstly i'm Black, and i can tell you this is all a load of sh it, so what he said "Negro" when i go to spain they say "Negro" they smile and shake my hand i understand what language barriers are all about.

The word Negro coming from Suarez  is by no means as offensive as "Black C unt" coming from Terry, if anybody thinks it is they need a darker suntan.

When an English speaking born and bred English man makes a blatant racist reference to somebody's colour be it white black chinese indian, they know what the frigg they are doing.

Barnes is 100% right it's all a loud of to bs, i wouldn't shake Evra's hand because he's a slimey two faced  t wat (it's in his eyes study them), i would rather kick his face in.

You think whiskey nose gives a sh it, Rooney the prostitute shagging while his wife was pregnant tw at,Giggs the wife of his brother f ucking re tard,Cantona the kung fu king fan basher,Keane the leg breaking
end your career in football wan ker and all while under the guidance of Ferguson give me a break.

Lot's more disgusting things have happened in football, this is the FA's way of brushing the 80's under the carpet.

Liverpool have and will still be here when we are all dead and gone i wouldn't worry to much he didn't do a Terry and
there wasn't one Banana in sight.

Just my humble opinion.
Last edited by mistyred on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:09 pm

mistyred wrote:I'm gonna have my say so far i haven't really said anything.

Firstly i'm Black, and i can tell you this is all a load of sh it, so what he said "Negro" when i go to spain they say "Negro" they smile and shake my hand i understand what language barriers are all about.

The word Negro coming from Suarez  is by no means as offensive as "Black C unt" coming from Terry, if anybody thinks it is they need a darker suntan.

When an English speaking born and bred English man makes a blatant racist reference to somebody's colour be it white black chinese indian, they know what the frigg they are doing.

Barnes is 100% right it's all a loud of to ss, i wouldn't shake Evra's hand because he's a slimey two faced  t wat (it's in his eyes study them), i would rather kick his face in.

You think whiskey nose gives a sh it, Rooney the prostitute shagging while his wife was pregnant tw at,Giggs the wife of his brother f ucking re tard,Cantona the kung fu king fan basher,Keane the leg breaking
end your career in football wan ker and all while under the guidance of Ferguson give me a break.

Lot's more disgusting things have happened in football, this is the fA's way of brushing the 80's under the carpet.

Liverpool have will be here when we are all dead and gone i wouldn't worry to much he didn't do a Terry and
there wasn't one Banana in sight.

Just my humble opinion.

You're black?!?!

humble opinion it may be but you are bang on the money mate
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion