Our problems - Always made out to be crisis'

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:27 pm

No matter what happens at this club, the press and media make mountains out of molehills.

Rafa makes a few changes...it's him constantly changing willy nilly, yet when any other manager makes changes to a side it's them using the depth of their squad or resting their key figures for the following week.

Liverpool buy a player for 12 million, the press build him up to be a superstar so the expectation of the player is so high, he's almost certainly going to struggle to reach it ensuring them the chance to give the lad stick. Any other club brings someone for that price and it's a bit of a risk or don't expect things from him straight away.

Liverpool don't win for three games, it's a crisis and Rafa's job is on the line. United don't win for the same amount, it's just a mini-blip and someone will feel the backlash off them.

Rafa and the owners have a "disagreement" the media make out it's turning into WWIII. Any other club where the owners and managers fall out, it's simply part and parcle of modern day football.

No matter what happens at this club, the media decide to make it sound a lot worse than it really is. So when we fans hear about it, it's already escalted into cahos. Maybe it's because we're the most successful club these waters have seen or maybe it's because they just want the best supported club in the land to lose the loyalty of those said fans. Whatever the reason, it's these problems that are seriously affecting the club IMO.

Is it just me that thinks the media magnitude our problems?
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:04 am

It is well known by members throughout this forum and others just what trash is printed about the club thats why I dont buy papers (fag papers I do) because all it is is a small report on an incident and the rest a journalists view on how he/she perceives that incident. They are masters at taking a quote, lets say from rafa "I love this club" then printing the headline RAFA TO JOIN SPURS !, when asked his reply was "I love this club". Do yourself a favour and just dont buy them, read into them or take anything as fact.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:08 am

Well not many people like this club for whatever reason (success being the main reason) and the rags know if they can turn a mole hill into a mountain it will seel papers!

What you read is usually bull :censored: unless there is a press release from the club...
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 pm

People like to see big teams fail, for some reason the media love the mancs and they call their's blips because they know they will come back strong and we tend not to. So in fairness there is some logic behind their reactions some of the time.

The classic though is when we win late on it's "lucky" whereas the mancs score twice right at the death then it's magnificent and they played until the final whistle. You just can't win when there are two ways of looking at something and people decide which way to view it based on who it is. The clubs are just as bad, apparently because a big club didn't get an increased ban and they did it means the FA favour the big clubs. Them and us, great mentality
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Try not to get paranoid about it, lets face it we deserve a lot of the criticism we are getting at the moment, we are under achieving and we know it.
I do agree that Man U gets off light(press love Fergie) but look at Chelsea (Grant) getting ravaged for losing to Spurs.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:50 pm

its the fact that are a very poor Liverpool team we deserve all the negative press

if manure were as bad us they would get the same press and probably worse

imo it don't help if Gerrard is mouthing off, Stevie is only doin it to have a dig at the manager
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby MR C » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 pm

its not because of success why they gone off liverpool,its just we are no longer cool.
you look back to the days of the anfield rap,people thought of liverpool as being cool and having traditional values at the same time . that song got to 3 in the charts in the days you had to sell many copies to get in the top 5.people look back and say what a terrible song,but i remember at the time it was not out of place with all the other rap songs.they don't play them songs anymore either cause they are also no longer cool.

liverpool has been built up every season for the last 18 as the one where we win the league again.
i think people are just fed up of the end result being the same all the time. now its easier to just say we are nothing and our time has come and gone. they feel they have wasted long enough on us and want to put us in the cupboard and move on to other places where its cool and happening.

in this day and age its about who is cool and happening and not about who won it 5 times.
the more we sing that song the more past it we sound.its like we have to remind everybody of who we are and what we won through singing this song.

they will all return to licking our boots if they see a team and a manager they can say is the best in england or europe.in the days of the spice boys people wanted to talk about liverpool because they were cool...never won much but was cool. now even after a win against inter people are bored with liverpool as a club and could not careless what we win in europe.until we start dominating our own league and looking like the best team in europe then people will just say shut up you are old news.
MR C

Postby MR C » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:11 pm

this deluded hicks clown is tempting me to learn some voodoo and put a curse on him.

if i was him i would leave now before i unleash my full paranormal techniques.

if this clown pops of in his sleep then i'm a very spooky man.
MR C

Postby chrisrafman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:29 pm

the press mess up so much in football, i still blame the rag for the world cup 2006 for stitching up Sven. Ill blame the rag for unsettling players and managers alike. Were just having a bad domestic season, not a crisis
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion