Our club, our shirt - Protest kit

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:Theres nothing negative about it? Are you simples???

Its taking the sposnsorhip logo, and changing it to something negative... how is that a positive move for our new sponsors?

of course andy words it better than me lol

Nothing is negative about it. How can something be negative when it's tool to be used as a means of a none-violent protest. The Yanks only understand one thing: money. If this protest ends up costing them money, then it's positive to our cause.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:05 pm

sorry lads but who gives a fook what the sponsors think of it, infact i hope they hate it so much they get on the phone to the c**** who own us to moan about it, i hope the press run with it and once the season starts sky show the shirts whenever where on TV. this is only ther start of it, the gloves are off.

tell you what instead of having ago at the people actually doing something give me your masterplan for getting rid of these two tw@ts.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:tell you what instead of having ago at the people actually doing something give me your masterplan for getting rid of these two tw@ts.

no one's having a go at anybody. just voicing genuine concerns about the possible backfiring of the plan, thats all. but seeing as you asked, my own masterplan is to cover them in lynx body spray then let them loose in the elderly women's leper camp. can't get anyone to back me up on it though...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:29 am

Ive ordered one. :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:02 am

Wear want you want to wear on Sunday, because we live in a democracy dont we?  If it upsets sponsors, banks, owners etc so be it. Thats whats its all about. Getting OUR voice heard! If you can get there then BE THERE. This is OUR DAY. Show the owners,media that we mean business. And were not like the mange and there stupid norwich scarves. But we KNOW what we are on about. G and H arn,nt gona take no more out of our club. You wont get away with it anymore.and if Moores and parry got any consciences they should turn up. Wont hold my breath though. Get out there Sunday put the word out. YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:15 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:tell you what instead of having ago at the people actually doing something give me your masterplan for getting rid of these two tw@ts.

I have an idea. Let time tell.

The club is up for sale. All we can do is wait.

Or should we all throw our money away on any money makers making the most of our plight?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:17 am

Kharhaz wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:t
Or should we all throw our money away on any money makers making the most of our plight?

What are you talking about? How about you actually do some research before making a ridiculous accusation like that. There is zero profit being made from these for anyone or any group. The cost of the kit covers the cost of the manufacturing process and that's it, and of course the company has to make some kind of profit in it for themselves.

Anyway, these kits cost 20 quid. They are a boycott/protest kit, so anyone not willing to spend money on the club out of principle should get one.

Here's the link to pre-order:

www.viga.co.uk/lsu

Well done to everyone on RAWK who was involved in this.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:53 am

Completely agree with Andy on this. To most people to looks like we're targeting Standard Chartered. Why would we want to do that? They've agreed to invest £80 million in the club and that money is needed. The club is up for sale and we need to attract buyers. We are fighting with the owners of the club and as often happens the thing we're fighting for gets damaged in the process - the problem is we care about it more than the owners.

2 targets - the owners and RBS.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:02 pm

fivecups wrote:Completely agree with Andy on this. To most people to looks like we're targeting Standard Chartered. Why would we want to do that? They've agreed to invest £80 million in the club and that money is needed. The club is up for sale and we need to attract buyers. We are fighting with the owners of the club and as often happens the thing we're fighting for gets damaged in the process - the problem is we care about it more than the owners.

what do you mean " to most people " have you had a survey done or something or are you just assuming, fook me you answered your own point, why would we target someone giving us £80 million. its a protest shirt its meant to get attention.

stop worrying what others might think and fooking do something.

unless like Kharhaz who`s going to sit on his hands and hope for the best, great plan. :no
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:52 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
fivecups wrote:Completely agree with Andy on this. To most people to looks like we're targeting Standard Chartered. Why would we want to do that? They've agreed to invest £80 million in the club and that money is needed. The club is up for sale and we need to attract buyers. We are fighting with the owners of the club and as often happens the thing we're fighting for gets damaged in the process - the problem is we care about it more than the owners.

what do you mean " to most people " have you had a survey done or something or are you just assuming, fook me you answered your own point, why would we target someone giving us £80 million. its a protest shirt its meant to get attention.

stop worrying what others might think and fooking do something.

unless like Kharhaz who`s going to sit on his hands and hope for the best, great plan. :no

:nod
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 am

Sorry but i have to agree with Andy on this one... The Standard Chartered deal is a huge one for the club for many reasons and to a large extent will benefit the club in terms of merchandise sales and Asian sponsorship deal over the next few years... With or without the owners, this deal to me represents a big step forward for the club... The club is already up for sale and standard chartered knew that before signing on anything...
If they pull out of this deal as a result of this protest shirt thing then i doubt anyone else would be willing to offer the club a sponsorship deal anywhere near as good as this one...

I'm not against the protesting (although i have to say i see very little point in doing it with the club already being up for sale) but going as far as mocking the sponsors will probably not only cost us this great sponsorship deal, but also some potential buyers and might eventually lead to us being in deeper financial trouble than we already are... Not that SOS or the great folk over on RAWK really care about any of that or anything though... Get the owners out at any expense... isnt it ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sixbuster » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:40 am

In and Out wrote:Is this shirt missing the point somewhat, it seems as though it's aimed out our sponsor more so than our owners.

It doesn't quite read right tbh like fivecups said it needs to be aimed at the owners or RBS more not our sponsor and to the neutrals and the sponsors themselves I think that is how it will be read.

Nice shirt though.

Also, the black wont stand out enough in the stadium were the tv cameras will be. A horrible blue maybe?? I know its the anti christ of our club, but we started in blue and it would look crazy at Anfield.

:nod

I agrree, seems to be getting at sponsors rather than the :censored:. No logos on the scums protest. Poor decision these shirts
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby Owzat » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:12 am

Agree entirely on the sponsorship, it is a message to the owners not to the sponsors. Message needs to be against the yanks, although a decline in shirt sales could be viewed dimly by the sponsors in renewal or indeed they may have a figure in the contract that needs to be met
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:54 am

dundreamin wrote:Anyways just be there. If you REALLY care about LFC. If you have commitments fair enough. but if you can make BE THERE please. Lets oust these t.wats. WE ARF LFC. THE ONE AND ONLY.YNWA

They have put the club up for sale so they on the way out so why do we need a protest - they've got the message!

i echo what the most people are saying about the fact this shirt looks like a dig at the sponsors and not the yank idiots. And also if i was someone looking maybe sponsoring the club i would have a second thoughts about it if the fans are going to deface my logo in that way.

look we all hate the yanks but we have to just let the chairman do his thing and find us a buyer - and as fans we should try to do things that could encourage money in to the club not put them off - after all we are the best fans in the world
Rimetto_

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:33 pm

andy_g wrote:here's an imaginary scenario. hundreds, even thousands, of people turn up at the first home game of the season wearing these shirts. standard chartered get the hump about their logo being used in this way and the way it could reflect on them. standard chartered pull the plug on the best shirt sponsorship deal in the whole of the premiership. liverpool fc, a club that badly needs every penny it can get, lose out on 80 million over four seasons.

excellent sentiments, poorly executed - in my most humble of opinions.

I imagine the contract is a little more water-tight than that mate. I don't suppose there is any sort of escape clause based on a fan protest shirt that might show the company in a less favourable light.

From the pics they've done a cracking job, I've just pre-ordered mine. Hopefully a good crowd of poster son here will do the same?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion