Our club, our shirt - Protest kit

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

dundreamin wrote:What about COWBOYS emblazoned on the front and we wear stetsons and arrive on a horse!

It's a protest shirt. One that's meant to look like our official kit and with the same kind of build quality to it. Black is symbolic of mourning so it fits. The Standards Corrupted logo is just a play on the words and not a direct attack on them at all. The coincidence of their logo looking like two worms or snakes is also a play to represent H&G. It's a statement. This is the final design. It's been debated and decided on  and is in production already.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:27 pm

i've mentioned it before in another thread some time back but any use of the sponsors logo in the protest is going to appear to the vast unaware masses that we are protesting against the sponsors. if anything it will only serve to divert attention from the two kunts that should be getting it. subtlety and nuance is all well and good but i'm afraid that too many people don't get it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't think it'll have the desired affect to anyone but the people who purchase/wear them, but good luck with it.
Zidane

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Thats why i said COWBOYS on it . No mention of anx sponsors
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 am

Anyways just be there. If you REALLY care about LFC. If you have commitments fair enough. but if you can make BE THERE please. Lets oust these t.wats. WE ARF LFC. THE ONE AND ONLY.YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Bump.

These are going to be pre-ordered shortly via a link over on RAWK. So if you want one, better get over there sharpish and sign up.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 pm

here's an imaginary scenario. hundreds, even thousands, of people turn up at the first home game of the season wearing these shirts. standard chartered get the hump about their logo being used in this way and the way it could reflect on them. standard chartered pull the plug on the best shirt sponsorship deal in the whole of the premiership. liverpool fc, a club that badly needs every penny it can get, lose out on 80 million over four seasons.

excellent sentiments, poorly executed - in my most humble of opinions.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 pm

andy_g wrote:here's an imaginary scenario. hundreds, even thousands, of people turn up at the first home game of the season wearing these shirts. standard chartered get the hump about their logo being used in this way and the way it could reflect on them. standard chartered pull the plug on the best shirt sponsorship deal in the whole of the premiership. liverpool fc, a club that badly needs every penny it can get, lose out on 80 million over four seasons.

gotta agree, where on the shirt does it say we dont like the owners?

It just says we hate the sponsors...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:03 pm

dawson99 wrote:
andy_g wrote:here's an imaginary scenario. hundreds, even thousands, of people turn up at the first home game of the season wearing these shirts. standard chartered get the hump about their logo being used in this way and the way it could reflect on them. standard chartered pull the plug on the best shirt sponsorship deal in the whole of the premiership. liverpool fc, a club that badly needs every penny it can get, lose out on 80 million over four seasons.

Where does it say we hate the sponsors? Standards Corrupted with two snakes. Hmmm, I wonder what that could mean.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Where does it say we hate the sponsors? Standards Corrupted with two snakes. Hmmm, I wonder what that could mean.

it means we are taking the great sposnsorship deal... and turning it into something negative.

shall I make it simpler still? Is it possible?
Its a good diea, but poorly done

Like andy says, this could just backfire greatly
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:20 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

it means we are taking the great sposnsorship deal... and turning it into something negative.

shall I make it simpler still? Is it possible?
Its a good diea, but poorly done

Like andy says, this could just backfire greatly

There's nothing negative about it. It's pro-ative action in getting the Yanks gone, so it's positive if it has the desired effect. If the Sponsors kick up about it, then it only serves as massive publicity, again a good thing. If they decide to pull the plug on us, it leaves them two d*ckheads fumbling about to pay the debt. Again, a good thing. I doubt the sponsers will, though, because they obviously have some smart people working for them, and if they really are wondering why their logo has been rebranded, then all they have to do is do some research. There is nothing illegal about the logo change. It breaches no copywrite law. To say the concept has been poorly executed is a bit of an insult to all that have made it a reality in the first place. These people that are putting their own time and effort into getting rid of the parasites at this club.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Where does it say we hate the sponsors? Standards Corrupted with two snakes. Hmmm, I wonder what that could mean.

come on, emerald. of course we all know what it refers to as we have been wrapped up in the issue for far too long. just about all of the match going public will also know what it means, and theirs a fair chance the owners will be reminded that we hate them. so all good on that score.

but now lets look at it from the sponsor's perspective. their reappropriated logo will be seen by millions across the world, the vast majority of which will have little idea of what the message really is. millions of people will think we have the hump with the sponsors. standard chartered, being a huge company and not at all stupid, won't be too happy about the possibility of a negative impact on them conveyed by these shirts.

as much as i am against the owners, if i was a representative of standard chartered i would be extremely concerned about the message the fans of my new business partner were sending to millions of television viewers across the world.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Theres nothing negative about it? Are you simples???

Its taking the sposnsorhip logo, and changing it to something negative... how is that a positive move for our new sponsors?

of course andy words it better than me lol
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:28 pm

andy_g wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Where does it say we hate the sponsors? Standards Corrupted with two snakes. Hmmm, I wonder what that could mean.

come on, emerald. of course we all know what it refers to as we have been wrapped up in the issue for far too long. just about all of the match going public will also know what it means, and theirs a fair chance the owners will be reminded that we hate them. so all good on that score.

but now lets look at it from the sponsor's perspective. their reappropriated logo will be seen by millions across the world, the vast majority of which will have little idea of what the message really is. millions of people will think we have the hump with the sponsors. standard chartered, being a huge company and not at all stupid, won't be too happy about the possibility of a negative impact on them conveyed by these shirts.

as much as i am against the owners, if i was a representative of standard chartered i would be extremely concerned about the message the fans of my new business partner were sending to millions of television viewers across the world.

I get what you're saying, Andy. But you're not the first to express your fears over how the sponsors could construe their logo being branded and changed in such a manner. It's been discussed to death on RAWK. What it all boiled down to in the end is that any publicity to our cause is good publicity. If the sponsors take it as an insult then they take it as an insult. What the owners, sponsors and the corporates need to understand that the club is not their's It's ours. The fan's. We are the life blood of the club and we'll have our voices heard.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion