Our centre backs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Jonas Blane » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:14 am

I thought he (Vidic) would win it, but I'm happy for Giggs. All this talk of "not deserving it" is irrelevant, since he was voted for by his peers.

Anyway, back to topic :)
Jonas Blane

Postby RedBlood » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:35 pm

i smell manc, giggs winning it is a joke  come on, 1 goal from 12 starts in that case babel should have been nominated

vidic is class though no doubt

i think skrtel and agger have been effected by their injurys but both have age on their side and obvious talent i would personally love to keep them both
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:28 pm

RedBlood wrote:i smell manc, giggs winning it is a joke  come on, 1 goal from 12 starts in that case babel should have been nominated

i think skrtel and agger have been effected by their injurys but both have age on their side and obvious talent i would personally love to keep them both

I think it's more a reflection of the fact he is coming to the end of his career, is still playing very well and let's be honest, it's long overdue. I'll be LFC till I die but you have to admit Giggs is a class act, always has been. I still love the story of a young Scouse Red asking Giggs for his autograph back in the early 90's, Giggs was only to happy to oblige and then the little Scally ripped it up and chucked it on the floor! Right in front of his face! Hilarious :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 pm

Scottbot wrote:
RedBlood wrote:i smell manc, giggs winning it is a joke  come on, 1 goal from 12 starts in that case babel should have been nominated

I think it's more a reflection of the fact he is coming to the end of his career, is still playing very well and let's be honest, it's long overdue. I'll be LFC till I die but you have to admit Giggs is a class act, always has been. I still love the story of a young Scouse Red asking Giggs for his autograph back in the early 90's, Giggs was only to happy to oblige and then the little Scally ripped it up and chucked it on the floor! Right in front of his face! Hilarious :D

That's a bit like the wee Chelsea fan who went to shake Stevie's hand in the tunnel before the match and then pulled it away. Cheeky wee gits!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:08 am

Scottbot wrote:

no doubt hes a legend and hes always been polite about our club unlike neville but i dont think hes ever been the stand out player in any season to be honest so i wouldnt say this trophie is well over due, but he does deserve massive praise for his career
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Jonas Blane » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:41 am

Smell all you want mate, but Giggs was voted for by his peers so deserved or not we need to respect their decision.

I would love to keep Agger too, I hope he'll be luckier with injuries next year. As for Skrtel, I still think he's a tad overrated, let's see next season.
Jonas Blane

Postby supersub » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 am

Jonas Blane wrote:I still think he's a tad overrated, let's see next season.

english is pretty good ...especially your use of colloquial words..tad
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Jonas Blane wrote:Smell all you want mate, but Giggs was voted for by his peers so deserved or not we need to respect their decision.

Could have been voted for by Piers-Fletcher Dervish, Pierce Brosnan, Stuart Pearce, Piers Morgan and every other Piers/Pierce/Pearce around, still wouldn't make it the right decision. It's like giving a kid who can't add 2 + 2 a gold star for being the best at maths in the class, even if he's only one of three out of 40 that can't.

Just because they have a good reason to vote that way, doesn't make it right. I'd "respect" them more for voting properly, not mass voting like gormless sheep when fergie and others come out and persuade them to. He deserves recognition, but he doesn't deserve POTY
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am

Been a few rumours recently suggesting other clubs want Sami and that he wants to prolong his career rather than take a coaching job at Anfield.

Sami Hyypia is set to reject the chance to join Liverpool's coaching staff so that he can prolong his playing career. The Finland defender has been in talks about a new oneyear contract that would also include the option of joining Rafa Benitez's back-room team.

But Hyypia feels he can continue playing as he nears his 36th birthday and is ready to quit Anfield after 10 years because he feels his playing opportunities under Benitez will become limited.

Hyypia, who joined from Dutch club Willem II for£ 2. 5m in May 1999, feels he still has plenty to offer at the top level.

Benitez managed to persuade him to reject January moves to Newcastle, Fulham and Stoke.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport....1310140

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy says he is interested in signing Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia, who could be available for free at the end of the season. (Daily Star)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....047.stm

I'd want some money for him, he can still do a job for us let alone Wolves. If he doesn't play more games and doesn't want to coach here, then maybe selling for £1m-£2m mightn't be the worst move.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 01, 2009 1:12 pm

Jonas Blane wrote:I thought he (Vidic) would win it, but I'm happy for Giggs. All this talk of "not deserving it" is irrelevant, since he was voted for by his peers.

BOLLOX!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Fri May 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Jonas Blane wrote:I thought he (Vidic) would win it, but I'm happy for Giggs. All this talk of "not deserving it" is irrelevant, since he was voted for by his peers.

BOLLOX!

He's a mancs kunt mate.  :nod
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Sabre » Fri May 01, 2009 1:19 pm

I'd like Hyypia end his career here. Besides the emotional reasons, I think people have been talking about his career ending since 2 years ago, but the truth is, that everytime or almost everytime he's been used he has answered well.

Then there's the progressive loss of height and aerial power some mates have already spotted, I definitely think that Hyypia should stay here, both emotionally and because he's useful in the pitch and in the dressroom with his experience. At this point we won't get any serious money for him, and I'd rather want his experience here and not in another premier league team.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Fri May 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Sabre wrote:I'd like Hyypia end his career here. Besides the emotional reasons, I think people have been talking about his career ending since 2 years ago, but the truth is, that everytime or almost everytime he's been used he has answered well.

Then there's the progressive loss of height and aerial power some mates have already spotted, I definitely think that Hyypia should stay here, both emotionally and because he's useful in the pitch and in the dressroom with his experience. At this point we won't get any serious money for him, and I'd rather want his experience here and not in another premier league team.

that's all true Sabre, but many of the articles state he wants to leave to get more games.

he won' t get that at LFC
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm

DrPepe wrote:
Sabre wrote:I'd like Hyypia end his career here. Besides the emotional reasons, I think people have been talking about his career ending since 2 years ago, but the truth is, that everytime or almost everytime he's been used he has answered well.

that's all true Sabre, but many of the articles state he wants to leave to get more games.

he won' t get that at LFC

For him I think he is better moving to a club that will offer him a starting place, which club is best for him is another matter. Even if he went to Wolves he might not be or stay 1st choice, good as he is he is getting old and losing some of what made him great or he would be 1st choice here.

If he wanted to coach then staying here would be his best move. But he won't get regular starts so I suspect he'll move away. Be best to offer him a coaching role when he retires, leave it on the table in case regular football means he suffers a career ending injury and so he knows we want him.

Sabre - we didn't pay a lot for him in the first place, got 10 years out of him and could still get maybe 1/3 or 1/2 what we paid for him back then. An honest question to you and all on here, was Sami as good as Vidic is, better or not as good? I think Vidic is slightly over-rated, he can be found out on the ground although he does seem to be dominant in the air. Just as well for the mancs as Rio is a bit suspect in the air, sometimes a bit suspect in every department. Makes me laugh when he gets out of position, ends up covering space halfway between the ball and the possible pass/threat and sticks legs out as if trying to control it on his toe at full stretch.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Big Sammi. Legend. Sure give him the PFA player of the year for sentimental reasons as well even though he's played about 5 times.

I was laughing at my mate the other night watching the Mancs v Arsenal. Everytime Giggs miss-controlled or f*cked something up he shouted "RYAN GIGGS, PLAYER OF THE YEAR!" in a sarcastic voice. Couldn't stop laughing at him.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion