One positive in the storm! - Scott carson

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:23 am

Ok, I know everyone is going nuts at the moment, and no one can hear the 'sweet silver song of a lark' but we must 'walk on.....'

I have Many, I repeat MANY f*ucking negatives, about the match, the performance, the personnel, the season in general and the last 15 f*ucking years in general too if I am totally honest.....

HOWEVER, I did see (IMVHO) one extremely good positive from tonight!
And that was Scott Carson.

I thought he was very good (I want to say excellent, but we lost :( ). He made some good saves from close range and didnt look troubled when doing so too!!

His distribuition was exceptional, very assured to say the least, but what I really liked was the way he kept giving it to the full backs, instead of sending it long and into the mix (a la Dudek!), where you can easily lose possesion*.

Carson, seemed to command his box too, (something Reina has failed to do {in terms of talking, not presence}) and looked to have good communication with the baxk four, even though this could be because three of them he plays regularly with in the reserves I believe ??? (Pls correct that if wrong!).

But, a very poor period, for me, has at least confirmed (yes, in this one game and prevous games played) that we have a future England No.1 on our hands.
Yes, yes, I know, we said the same with Kirkland (who incidently is playing well at the moment)  but I really think that Scott Carson is going to be a top top player for us in the future, and at this time, I am glad that i have been given something to be happy about.

I dont know, if it was Rafa or Paco or whoever (admittedly I dont have the best knowledge on the workings of the inner sanctum) who spotted and scouted Carson, it doesnt really matter (then again, with everyone criticising Rafa's buys, it could add to his stock right now!), but they have to (IMO) be commended for noticing and advisng that he was bought.

Thought it was time to TRY and bring a bit of positivity to the forum, as I said before, it has gone a bit nuts!!

Walk on..................

*Though when it was needed he did send it long, and if not sending it out wide, was hitting the front men. So his accuracy is very good.
He has great feet(aswell as hands!), and best of all is so young, I just hope we have the right coaches to bring him on, its not as if Reina (who is still relatively young for a keeper {a point that has just made me think 'How many chance is Carson gonna get under Rafa, with his current "I love certain players" agenda'}) is a Van Der Sar, who has seen a lot and can pass on his knowledge!!
76-1115222408

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:30 am

At least someone else has seen a positive. Dudek can be the "Van Der Sar" figure you talk of - helping them both.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:35 am

You know what, you're right, for some reason I forgot he was there, the way he has been treated (plus the fact we also have CK) he slipped my mind!

At the same time I doubt he will be here for long though!
76-1115222408

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:36 am

He's here until Jan at least. Plenty of time to rub off on the little nippers!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:10 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Plenty of time to rub  the little nips  !!!!!

???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:33 pm

Totally agree with you LIVERPOOLANYTIME and crackin' post as well. We should as fans be spending more time trying to find positives during this very difficult time and Scott carson was definately one on tuesday night. I can't really add much more to what has been said here other than if he gets his chance in the side it will surely bring him into the England squad in no time (NOT THAT ANY OF US LFC FANS GIVEA SH1T ABOUT THE ENGLAND TEAM [JUST ANOTHER OVER-HYPED TEAM FOR THE SOUTHERN SOFTIES TO GET EXCITED OVER] AND YES I AM ENGLISH BEFORE YOU QUESTION ME!!!). He proved last season for me that he isn't over awed by the big games 'cos apart from the goal he looked quite comfortable against Juve and going one on one with Berbatov in the Levekeusen game(please correct me if this fact is wrong), not to mention his debut for Leeds against the mancshite at castle greyskull.
A deffinate star in the making.

Although this postis about CArson i think a small mention should also go to David Raven as i thought he had a reasonably steady game in what are trying times for the club and at the moment IMO he should definately be the first choice backup to Finnan ahead of Josemi.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:25 am

Yes...Raven is a way better player than Josemi...of course finnan should take the lead...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:09 am

anybody is better then Josemi he is :censored:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:48 pm

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=320309&cpid=8&CLID=35&lid=&title=Kirkland+out+four+weeks&channel=skysports_home_page

West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Chris Kirkland has been sidelined for up to a month with a bruised kidney.

The on-loan Liverpool custodian sustained the injury in Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Bolton Wanderers after a collision with striker Kevin Davies. 

The England international made a number of fine saves in Sunday's match before late strikes from Hidetoshi Nakata and Kevin Nolan sealed the win for The Trotters.

Although the injury is not deemed to be serious, Baggies boss Bryan Robson says he will need two to four weeks of rest in order to recover.

"Chris suffered a really bad knock against Bolton on Sunday," Robson told West Brom's official website.

"We thought he'd got away with it but the severity of the knock has caused him to suffer bruising on one of his kidneys.

"It's nothing serious but he's been advised by doctors to rest for between two and four weeks.

"Both Chris and the club have got to take that medical advice on board.

"He will miss the Newcastle and West Ham games, but we're hoping he will be back after the international break."

The news has prompted Robson to recall Russell Hoult to The Hawthorns from his loan spell at League One side Nottingham Forest.

Just when he was starting to make a name for him again!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:15 pm

Typical kirkland, thank God we got Carson instead now!!
76-1115222408

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:56 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Typical kirkland, thank God we got Carson instead now!!

No thank rafa and paco.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:06 pm

another bright player was harry kewelli no he has his critics me inculded but hopefully he can hit some form and really help change our season around he cud get some of our strikers firing and score a few goals like he did a few years ago
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby james.p » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:20 pm

he could but he wont kewell has had 4 years here and hes done absolutly notin we paid 6 million 4 him and hes done nothin except sit on his backside and get 60,000
grnd a week im sick of him on the ball im just sick of everyone givin him a second chance hes gotta go

liverpool rock!! :buttrock
james.p

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion