One more year! - Let`s give houllier one last chance!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby macca7 » Sun May 23, 2004 5:59 pm

If I am not mistaken Houllier is into his last year of his contract.
Either way I would give him one last shot at making Liverpool great. The signing of Cisse and the mouthwatering prospect of a striking partnership with owen indicates that next season we will be more potent as an attacking team. With kewell, gerrard and maybe another midfield signing, our options when going forward look interesting as well. As for the defence, I believe that Finnan will come good. Then there is the possibility of signing another centre back, although we are already competitive in that department.
If we manage to sell the likes diao, traore and vignal (is he still a liverpool player?) we should have enough cash to bring in another couple of dcent squad players, Thai money or not.
Then it will all depend on what success Liverpool have in CL, but more importantly in the Premiership.
If we do well we might all be shouting "Who let the reds out" again. This chant was not vibrating around anfield too long ago, was it?
macca7

Postby JohnBull » Sun May 23, 2004 6:02 pm

Get a life!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 23, 2004 6:05 pm

Is this Houllier posting? Sounds like a desperate plea. :;):

Sorry but he's out mate! His last chance came 12 months ago. Enough is enough, the club should show more hunger and ambition than to "stick" with him for ANOTHER season.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 6:07 pm

how many last chances does houllier deserve for christs sake? as far as i'm concerned the answer is none. thanks for the memories but au revoir gerard.

ps. he won't close the door on his way out of the club and will blame it on tiredness!

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 23, 2004 6:11 pm

If we manage to sell the likes diao, traore and vignal (is he still a liverpool player?) we should have enough cash to bring in another couple of dcent squad players

Having a laugh are you? ...we will probably sell them for bus fares.

~olé~
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby fivecups » Sun May 23, 2004 6:35 pm

Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Sun May 23, 2004 7:31 pm

macca7 wrote:If I am not mistaken Houllier is into his last year of his contract.
Either way I would give him one last shot at making Liverpool great. The signing of Cisse and the mouthwatering prospect of a striking partnership with owen indicates that next season we will be more potent as an attacking team. With kewell, gerrard and maybe another midfield signing, our options when going forward look interesting as well. As for the defence, I believe that Finnan will come good. Then there is the possibility of signing another centre back, although we are already competitive in that department.
If we manage to sell the likes diao, traore and vignal (is he still a liverpool player?) we should have enough cash to bring in another couple of dcent squad players, Thai money or not.
Then it will all depend on what success Liverpool have in CL, but more importantly in the Premiership.
If we do well we might all be shouting "Who let the reds out" again. This chant was not vibrating around anfield too long ago, was it?

:O  :O  :O                                                                                        no chance....hes gone and good riddance
jack66

Postby Boocity » Sun May 23, 2004 7:36 pm

Good god, he's 6 years into a 5 year plan, if we get the Thai millions and GH gets hold of it what new bunch of no hopers will he bring in :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 23, 2004 9:25 pm

Macca, don't agree totally lad but you're correct in what you say.

Well said, ignore the other w@nkers who are talking out of there ****** and obviously don't love the club and respect managers of this club.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 10:12 pm

In fairness to everyone I think 2003/2004 was Houllier's last chance. He was unlucky with injuries to a point but at the end of the day he rarely struggled to get a team out and most weekends he had a team full of internationals at his disposal.

I honestly think that we have given Houllier too much rope.

Maybe he would turn things around spectacularly for us next year but thats a very big "maybe", and there is a greater danger of him failing again, which would be an absolute disaster for the club.

Easy on the abuse Stu: just because people disagree with you doesn't make them "******".
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 23, 2004 10:17 pm

Macca7, this post is ****.
Houllier has had long enough, and last season when we went on that auwful run of 16 games without a win, THIS SEASON was the crunch year for Houllier! enough is enough,
84-1083280474

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 10:21 pm

The Hustler: try to be constructive and keep the abuse out of it please!

:)  :)  :)
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon May 24, 2004 5:15 am

I admit JBG's idea makes sense.
But the problems inside has so far been getting chronical.
If you draw a graphic of our progress since we got the cups, the trend says "it's likely to be hopeless in the future". I believe GH has a plan to get set and speed up. But seeing the graphic the acceleration will not go as expected without a miracle.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Mon May 24, 2004 11:46 am

Once again reading through the posts STU crops up with is bull.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 24, 2004 11:55 am

Is Stu insane?

if you think Houllier should get another year - fair enough, I disagree but that's cool.

But to say that guys who think the wrong manager is in charge don't love the club is nuts - what is your logic,

If LFC got relegated, would you still say we should stick with the manager?

Seriously - what is your logic?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion