On paper... whats wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Told you Arbeloa would have a stinker stu didn't i , although he did do well for our first goal . Both full backs were poor today mate.

He supplied a goal though lad. Shows I was completely wrong about him. Just as it did with Kuyt because he scored.

We're defo gonna win the league, we beat Man City away. Great.

Benitez has also learnt his lesson aswell about not changing a winning side and keeping players in form in the team and in there correct positions... Oh wait no he hasn't.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Told you Arbeloa would have a stinker stu didn't i , although he did do well for our first goal . Both full backs were poor today mate.

He supplied a goal though lad. Shows I was completely wrong about him. Just as it did with Kuyt because he scored.

We're defo gonna win the league, we beat Man City away. Great.

Benitez has also learnt his lesson aswell about not changing a winning side and keeping players in form in the team and in there correct positions... Oh wait no he hasn't.

Bahhhhh humbug to you aswell , bl00dy scrooge i'm calling you from now on.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:09 pm

By the way stu , did you notice any overlapping by albie today ,or have i made it up again.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:By the way stu , did you notice any overlapping by albie today ,or have i made it up again.

Today he did. For the first time in his life and he :censored: just about everything up he done all game and was at fault for the first goal. Complete and utter liability.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Today's Arbeloa's problem wasn't the overlappings. Nor that he's not too much strenght, today his problem was 2 or 3 concentration mistakes that costed one goal, and could have costed another two.

I remember a ball he sent to the middle, and was easily intercepted by the opposition and provoked a very dangerous situation. That kind of mistake, unforced and when he had plenty of better and easier options, just like in the goal, for me made him the worse player in the pitch today. It's a pity because in the last 3 matches I was happy with his performance.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:By the way stu , did you notice any overlapping by albie today ,or have i made it up again.

Today he did. For the first time in his life and he :censored: just about everything up he done all game and was at fault for the first goal. Complete and utter liability.

Jesus, why do you even bother watching Liverpool you miserable tw@t.
Enjoy yourself for christs sake we are joint top and the scum aside we haven't even played that well yet!
Arbeloa's no Rob Jones agreed but he supports the front men well and I can see the right back birth being the next position Benitez will address. His hands are tied until January at the earliest anyway so get over it!
Last edited by thegreedo on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:33 am

Fo Dne wrote:

I dont think you know as much about football as you make out TBH. Either that or your digging your heels into a lost cause.

Aurelio was at fault for the first goal, plain and simple. Like he did on a few occassions he gave a sloppey ball away in a dangerous position and it resulted in a goal for City. Arbeloa was goal side of Robinho, and if you do know anything about the game its pretty tough to get to the ball when a player is inbetween  (without giving a foul) with his back against you. It wasnt about his poor 'positioning or lack of understang or any old cliche you'd like to throw up as you normally do. Carra, Ferdinand fecking Baresi wouldnt of been able to clear that.

The blame lies merely out Aurelios feet for me all day long. For me he certainly looks like a duck out of water in the Premier league and definately doesnt suit it.
Last edited by Bam on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:38 am

My friend just added Torres on his fantasy team.  This is bad, he is the ultimate bad luck charm.   :( .  Thats what wrong.
SupitsJonF

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 am

Bam, I won't argue about the first goal because I just saw it in the game and not repeated, what it seemed a ball that to hit hard with no nonsenses and was a very poor clearing on first glance, it may be different when I review it. It seemed to me that Arby tried to connect with a team mate rather than dispelling the inmediate danger.

But even the first goal situation aside, he made more mistakes than the Brazilian. Fabio Aurelio made another big mistake losing the ball up front, it was a situation in which they countered, and Alonso tried to hold them without a tackle (I remember it because S@int said FFS Alonso! :laugh: ) to win time. That was the big two mistakes of Fabio Aurelio if you wish, but the Spaniard yesterday did no less than 5 important mistakes.

I have to admit though that bar this game Arbeloa was doing well so far. It would be unfair to say the opposite. But Fabio Aurelio is the better player by some distance. And he's starting to take some corners well --about time--
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:13 am

I've watched the game twice over now, and I still stand by my opinon. Arbeloa did have a couple of dodgey moments of that I dont doubt. Arbeloa did have some good moments to, more than Aurelio had. He covererd well at times and tidyed up quite well without ever making a fuss. I only saw one dodgey moment from him in the second half where he played a very poor ball back inside to a Man.C player, other than that he defended okay, got foward more than Aurelio did and assisted with a goal.

Aurelio on the other hand, had a bad game and I was glad to see him go off in all honesty. I thought he definately was the cause for City's first goal. And even the free kick for the second, I know Rieira was tracking back and gave the foul away, but Aurelio should of done much more than stick a pathetic leg out on the attacker. If he'd of made a strong decent challenge in the first place Rieria wouldnt of had to pull their attacker down.
His passing was average, offered nothing going forward, and looked petrified being out there !

You may well think he's a better player than Arby but I'll tell you something for nothing, he hasnt proved he's a better player than Arby since playing for Liverpool, no way ! I dont think Aurelio will succeed in England and looks way out of his depth here also, where as Arbeloa puts in steady performances and isnt as injured as much as the Brazilian
Last edited by Bam on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:46 am

the only thing that makes me believe that we won't win the league is the quality of our fullbacks. i just don't think they're good enough to make us a championship winning side.

in this day and age your fullbacks have got to be comfortable on the ball. yes they have to defend but they also need to be top class going forward. watching bosingwa and ashley cole in comparison to our fullbaks is like night and day.

you just need to look at the number of fullbacks rafa has brought to see that it is still a problem area.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion