On a limb - Semis here we come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:29 am

I just have this feeling that will make it against Juve. They are convinced they will win, and Liverpool have looked their best when everyone thought they would lose. Smells like the seeds to an upset to me.

I think Igor will have a good game, because when we have needed him, he has been there (this is not an Igor thread),and with Xabi playing, it is a different team to Tuesday. Let's just hope that Milan finds the net (I feel he wants to go to Italy, and he will want to impress there). Garcia will have a screamer (I would say he is our most inform player).

This is the biggest game and their stadium will be full. We will see the big game players show up. I cannot wait to face Chelsea!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:33 am

yet another Juventus thread?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:38 am

so dont read it
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:42 am

this is a real strength of the character of our team, under strength squad, players just returning from long injury lay offs, facing a hostile crowd in a stadium which is rarely ever full, i just wish dudek starts as i would prefer carson but dudek is more experienced and carson will no doubt be a great keeper but going from division 1 to under 21's to the satdio del api, mite be a bit too much for young man, just need to believe in ourselves and if they do score early on, have to make sure we respond, arsenal beat inter 5-1 away chelsea beat lazio 4-0 english clubs have a great record against italian teams so lads just keep your chins up
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:45 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:yet another Juventus thread?

It is actually about the fact that I cannot wait for Chelsea, it is also about the fact that we perform best when underdogs and that with Xabi playing it is a different team.

In case you don't know, we are playing Juventus in one day. Biggest game of the season. What else do you think people will talk about.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:54 am

Nando wrote:this is a real strength of the character of our team, under strength squad, players just returning from long injury lay offs, facing a hostile crowd in a stadium which is rarely ever full, i just wish dudek starts as i would prefer carson but dudek is more experienced and carson will no doubt be a great keeper but going from division 1 to under 21's to the satdio del api, mite be a bit too much for young man, just need to believe in ourselves and if they do score early on, have to make sure we respond, arsenal beat inter 5-1 away chelsea beat lazio 4-0 english clubs have a great record against italian teams so lads just keep your chins up

I agree. I like Carson more, but I think maybe too much too fast. He seems to be level headed though.

The Italians as with the Spanish assume their clubs are much better than everyone else, which is not necessarily the case. Juventus must attack, and the Italians are masters of defence and not attack. The pressure is actually on them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:43 pm

I went out on a limb and said we would make it, but nobody was interested. People seem to like negative news.

COME ON YOU REDS, BRING ON CHELSEA!!!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Honolulu Bob » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:54 pm

Yeah bring it on!! How bloody sweet would it be to put those gobs.ites out in the semi's ?!?!
Jamie Carragher screamer from 30 yards in injury time of the 2nd leg to win it would be just perfect!!  :D
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:14 pm

Honolulu Bob wrote:Yeah bring it on!! How bloody sweet would it be to put those gobs.ites out in the semi's ?!?!
Jamie Carragher screamer from 30 yards in injury time of the 2nd leg to win it would be just perfect!!  :D

Followed by a Djimi Traore scissor kick that actually went in!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Honolulu Bob » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:17 pm

Now that really would be class!  :D
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:59 pm

Kazza, you went out on a limb and were right!

Who do you reckon's coming fourth in the Premiership?
Liverpool?
Everton?
Bolton?
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:39 am

2520years wrote:Kazza, you went out on a limb and were right!

Who do you reckon's coming fourth in the Premiership?
Liverpool?
Everton?
Bolton?
???

It all depends on which Liverpool goes to play. The one that lost to city, or the team that beat Juventus at Anfield.

One thing in our favour is Everton must play Man u at home, and Arsenal and Bolton away. We have only Arsenal away (but the way our team is playing, Crystal Palace and Portsmouth away are not bankers though they should be). In short when you look at the table, goal difference is a good indicator of who the best teams are. On that evidence, Liverpool will make it to 4th spot (God I hope so).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion