Oh no! - Were linked with zenden.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:56 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:he's no rubbish, you have to accept that

I don't have to accept anything of the kind. I think he's absolute garbage and his attitude stinks to high heaven. He would have slotted perfectly into the disgraceful display we put up at the likes of Southampton and Palace.
It amazes me that people can hoot with derision at players like Kevin Nolan and then appear to welcome Zenden. Jeez I know who I'd rather have in my squad over the course of the season.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:50 pm

bigmick wrote:

I don't have to accept anything of the kind. I think he's absolute garbage and his attitude stinks to high heaven. He would have slotted perfectly into the disgraceful display we put up at the likes of Southampton and Palace.
It amazes me that people can hoot with derision at players like Kevin Nolan and then appear to welcome Zenden. Jeez I know who I'd rather have in my squad over the course of the season.

i couldn`t agree more with you mate.
spot on.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:40 am

he doesn't have the quality to be a Liverpool player.hopefully,its juz a rumour.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:41 pm

Used to be a good player, has declined over recent years, not good enoug for Liverpool
Jari's mullet

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:28 pm

bigmick wrote:

And this is based on what?

How do you know his attitude stinks to high heaven?  He has never engineered any of his transfers unlike other players, he has simply been moved on either for cash or to make way for other players.  I have never noticed him making a song and dance about being left out of a team either.  And if its his attitude on the pitch you are questioning then I couldn't agree less, coz every time I've seen him play he's been very commited.

I am not saying he's world class and I didn't jump for joy first time i heard the rumour that we were in for him.  But after thinking about it, he's on a free and would add something different to the squad.  He's equally good at left wing, centre mid or left back and is very experienced at international level and in the premiership.  Its a long season and injuries mount up as we saw this year, we could have done with someone like him in the squad.

And comparing him to kevin nolan? FFS.  Just coz Nolan's local and supported Liverpool doesnt mean he should be playing for us.  He's not bad but Bolton is his level IMO.  He would add nothing different to the squad unlike Zenden.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steverkop » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:57 pm

Come on he can never do as good as Riise... I agree with the rest, he is absolute rubbish, a reject. We must be looking for a fullback just behind Riise.
We MUST rule europe again
steverkop

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:03 pm

So Riise is in the same class as Robben or Duff is he?

Or Pires? or Reyes?

Or Giggs?

Or Downing?

Or Vicente?
115-1073096938

Postby steverkop » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:39 pm

Maybe at the moment he is not doing as good as Robben or Reyes but I cannot agree about Giggs or Pires especially this season. This season he done very good. He scored lots of goals, he defended bravely and had some very good crosses as well. Do not forget that the guy behind Riise is named Traore and not Cole, Heinze or Maldini
steverkop

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:44 pm

Riise is a left back. Not a left sided midfielder.
115-1073096938

Postby neilE » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:57 pm

Dont agree with you Stu - he's been much more effective as a midfielder, especially this season. Granted he's no tricky winger, but he can get past people, and his crossing and shooting are plenty good enough. And we aren't going to be signing Robben, or even Downing are we?
neilE

Postby steverkop » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:03 pm

yes that is an extra asset. He is also a left sided midfielder... just remember leverkusen at anfield. He did improve alot and his fighting spirit is something very important for liverpool.
steverkop

Postby A.B. » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:07 pm

Dont agree with you Stu - he's been much more effective as a midfielder, especially this season. Granted he's no tricky winger, but he can get past people, and his crossing and shooting are plenty good enough. And we aren't going to be signing Robben, or even Downing are we?

He can get past people? When we played Milan instead of dribbling past Milan's defender he passed the ball into space and then tried to go around the defender to get to the ball but failed horribly.

His crossing isn't good enough for a "winger" which is something he isn't. He's just too static.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:19 pm

A.B. wrote:

He can get past people? When we played Milan instead of dribbling past Milan's defender he passed the ball into space and then tried to go around the defender to get to the ball but failed horribly.

His crossing isn't good enough for a "winger" which is something he isn't. He's just too static.

Riise's problem is that ideally he is a wing-back, not a full back or a winger.  It is hard for him to fit into a system with 4 at the back.  I don't think he's solid enough defensively to be an out and out full back, but he isnt skilfull enough to be an out and out winger either. 

He is, however, an ok crosser of the ball, has a lethal shot and gets into good scoring positions with well-timed forward runs.  His versatility means he's a valuable player to have in the squad and I'd definitely keep him.

He had a good season at left mid but we need someone better there for next next season
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steverkop » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:23 pm

Who was dribbling through the Milan defenders? At times he is static and maybe not as sharp as the top pure left midfielders but he runs all over the wing even on empty tank. Not to mention his shooting... you already did.
steverkop

Postby steverkop » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:24 pm

I fully agree John
steverkop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion