Oh christ not again ! - Foolier thinks cisse is the next henry

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 12, 2004 12:28 pm

Technicly he is good on the ball makes good runs has an eye for goal!

Then only thing that i might question is work rate
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 12, 2004 12:28 pm

If you would have gone to that Lazio match when he first signed you'd understand.

He has got everything, its just a case of him gaining confidence and experience. He has no confidence at all, i think he's intimidated by certain players.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Wed May 12, 2004 12:32 pm

i think it's just a case of acclimatizing with him. the premier league is completely different to any other league in the world in terms of it's intensity and physicality. players who move here generally have been used to having more time on the ball in their previous teams.

i agree about his timing of runs into the penalty box. his second goal against newcastle was the perfect example of this. he is also two footed as his goal against wolves proved. confidence only comes from playing games and to get the best out of him, he needs a run.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 12, 2004 12:32 pm

So lets play him more!

He does seem to have that swagger about him when i have seen him looks like he can be immense but for what ever reason he hasnt!

As you said lack of confidence probably
And lack of match time
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 12, 2004 2:33 pm

stu_the_red wrote:It started because woof woof wanted to look clever and have yet another go at our manager.

Hey Stu, get over it.
I saw a quote you didn't, whats your problem ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 12, 2004 2:48 pm

stu_the_red wrote:woof woof, any chance you get to have a go you seem to want to do it. Can't you just get of the backs of the team and manager for once and show an ounce of support. The chances are you've seen less of Cisse than myself, i've been impressed by what i've seen. You are the prime example of someone who can't see past media hype, form and confidence.

The way you rave about Lampard and slag off our team and players supports this.

Its quite tiresome to be honest.

For the record, I saw a "quote" I'm sure it was on cfax page 511, If some of you guys didn't see it there's not much i can do about it.As for taking every chance to have a go at our team and mgr thats not quite true,sure I've had a moan just like 90% of everyone else in this forum.Lets face it the team and mgr have given enough reason to do so.As for Lampard I have never raved about him but do rate him highly as a player (don't you ?) and as for Cisse , you probably have seen more of him than me but I do rate him , so we at least agree on something.
Finally, I have read and respect many of your posts without always agreeing with them but that doesn't prompt me to make a personal attack against you.If you find my posts "tiresome" then don't fking read them  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed May 12, 2004 2:52 pm

that's boll#cks :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 12, 2004 6:29 pm

You seen a quote?

You either twisted or remembered the quote incorrectly.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 12, 2004 6:53 pm

stu_the_red wrote:You seen a quote?

You either twisted or remembered the quote incorrectly.

Who's the english teacher ?
Do you prefer , "I read a quote"
And Stu because I read something that you didn't , why do you insist on thinking I must have twisted or remembered incorrectly.  Its unfortunate that I didn't post about it till the following day (before it was no longer on cfax) . I did start the post by assuming most of us on this forum had already seen it.
Apparently not   :(
I guess you and I will just have to disagree .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 12, 2004 7:14 pm

Because the quote you were referring to was also on itv text. I saw them both.

Both said to the word what i said.

What you said was you're own little twist on it. Hence the reason everyone is disagreeing with you.

I wasn't picking on you're english either, i couldn't give a ****** as long as its readable, its peoples posts i have strong opinions on, not peoples grammar, spelling or intelect.
115-1073096938

Postby TanguyBZH » Sun May 16, 2004 9:44 am

hello everybody , i am not a supporter of liverpool but i want to react about cisse and cheyrou. The fact is i am french so i know them better than most of you i think. I think cheyrou is a very good player( but definitively not the next zidane), i think he doesnt have enough self confidence. Indeed, he came to liverpool directly without playing for big french clubs like marseille , lyon or monaco. And he only palyed two years in french ligue 1 with a club coming from second divisionn.
As regards cisse, i think he is already a great player. And i think you will be very impressed by him, he is certainly far better than owen, he is fast , powerfull and good technically . He put 26 goals this year in france where scoring a goal is more difficult than in england( the example of marseille who played against you and newcastle shows it). For comparaison, drogba just put 20 goals this year. And to finish, i think that he has far enough talent to go to a bigger club than liverpool. You should be very glad to see a player like him coming in your club instead of criticising him.
TanguyBZH

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 16, 2004 9:50 am

Thanks for the input, we all hope you are right. Most of our misgivings about Cisse are really based on our dissappointment with Houlliers signings and not the player himself. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Sun May 16, 2004 2:23 pm

Well a number of fans are swayed by Cisse's performances in France, but isn't that exactly why we bought players like Cheyrou, Diouf, Diao and Smicer? If anything they arguably had a stronger case - Smicer and Diouf on the international scene (though I understand the Diouf transfer was done before WC 2002). I hope Houllier goes soon, I can't stand to see another "next Zidane", "next Henry" etc flop at Anfield :(
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun May 16, 2004 2:37 pm

TanguyBZH wrote:As regards cisse, i think he is already a great player. And i think you will be very impressed by him, he is certainly far better than owen, he is fast , powerfull and good technically . He put 26 goals this year in france where scoring a goal is more difficult than in england( the example of marseille who played against you and newcastle shows it). For comparaison, drogba just put 20 goals this year. And to finish, i think that he has far enough talent to go to a bigger club than liverpool. You should be very glad to see a player like him coming in your club instead of criticising him.

Owen, on his day, is clearly one of the classiest and fastest finishers there is.
I don't think there can be a good comparison to the French and English first league, England has far better teams for example Arsenal and Chelsea, so it remains to be seen how Cissé will perform against them.
Cissé isn't likely to achieve much in his current club and league, he is lucky to be coming to Liverpool; it doesn't work the other way round, strikers who think they are too big for the club won't get a warm reception.

I do hope you are right about his ability, I'd love to see him play well and take Liverpool to the heights they deserve to be, and I conceed you will surely know a lot more about him than I do.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TanguyBZH » Sun May 16, 2004 3:34 pm

XSD wrote:
TanguyBZH wrote:As regards cisse, i think he is already a great player. And i think you will be very impressed by him, he is certainly far better than owen, he is fast , powerfull and good technically . He put 26 goals this year in france where scoring a goal is more difficult than in england( the example of marseille who played against you and newcastle shows it). For comparaison, drogba just put 20 goals this year. And to finish, i think that he has far enough talent to go to a bigger club than liverpool. You should be very glad to see a player like him coming in your club instead of criticising him.

Owen, on his day, is clearly one of the classiest and fastest finishers there is.
I don't think there can be a good comparison to the French and English first league, England has far better teams for example Arsenal and Chelsea, so it remains to be seen how Cissé will perform against them.
Cissé isn't likely to achieve much in his current club and league, he is lucky to be coming to Liverpool; it doesn't work the other way round, strikers who think they are too big for the club won't get a warm reception.

I do hope you are right about his ability, I'd love to see him play well and take Liverpool to the heights they deserve to be, and I conceed you will surely know a lot more about him than I do.

well i dont know about smicer but diouf, cheyrou and diao were not considered when they were in france as being one of the best players of french ligue 1, they were just considered as good players. Cisse its completly differnt he really is a star in france, considered as one of the best palyers of ligue 1.

and as regards big clubs let me remind you that this year there was three matches between chelsea( in CL ) , newcastle, liverpool( UEFA cup) and french clubs. And the result was 3 0 for french clubs!!! :)  , so dont underestimate french ligue 1 where teams like marseille , monaco and lyon can be considered as big teams.
And a last thing , who won 2 -1 at highbury during the  2002 champions league? it was auxerre with a certain djibril cisse!
TanguyBZH

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion