OFFICIAL: KUYT SIGNS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:21 pm

From my sauce whos name I wont mention, Roeder will be taking another look at Kuyt today at Melwood, he also said he'll be taking another look at Kuyt when we play Newcastle on 20th of September.

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:29 pm

I'm made up he didn't go to Newcatle. I really resent what they did to us last summer.
Don't worry barcodes, I'm sure you'll do fine with Amoeba and un-Luque upfront.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:30 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:Don't worry barcodes, I'm sure you'll do fine with Amoeba and un-Luque upfront.

i heard they were going to play boumsong upfront.

well he certainly isn't a centre back :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:33 pm

stmichael wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:Don't worry barcodes, I'm sure you'll do fine with Amoeba and un-Luque upfront.

i heard they were going to play boumsong upfront.

well he certainly isn't a centre back :D

Don't joke - Titus Bramble is their joint top scorer this season. :D
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:40 pm

It's not all bad news for Newcastle today though.

BREAKING NEWS: Newcastle defenders get recording contract.

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:44 pm

:laugh:

Class
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:22 pm

In those compilations he looks class, some finishes there that Cisse was never capable of. I dont care he had a :censored: world cup, so did Ronaldinho but no one is going around saying he is rubbish are they?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:From my sauce whos name I wont mention, Roeder will be taking another look at Kuyt today at Melwood, he also said he'll be taking another look at Kuyt when we play Newcastle on 20th of September.

comon tell us your sauce's name! tomato sauce by any chance? :D

pmsl @ st.michael
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:31 pm

i know that it is now time to get behind the lad and give him all the support a new signing deserves

BUT i have a horrible feeling that we have hust secured the signing of the next emile heskey, if rafa wanted this type of player why didn't we go for ashton who went in the end for 7 mill.

It is unlike me to be negative but he is a player that will have to prove me wrong, who will he replace ?

crouch - no way unless rafa shocks everyone and sells crouch for a big profit, they do the same job , hold the ball up and bring others into play

this to me is a case of a player being touted to all the big club so that they will battle the price up

and if anyone says "he scored this many in the dutch league " so did kezman, and van hoydonk( terrible attempt at his name)

are squad is huge at the moment and while this provides strenght in depth it also allows players to stagnate and not be on the pace when called apon, i would like to have seen ping pong given a good run out and i know neil melllor might never make it but he always seems to score goals,
rafa s work will be harder due to the amount of player and i know he is the right man for the job but why make it hard for yourself
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:41 pm

I know as much of Kuyt as you do, only the WC, so I can't jump into many conclussions, as so few matches don't mean anything.

I do know though, that Rafa waited big time in order to bring the proper right wing, and that there are many strikers available in the Spanish market, meaning that if Rafa brings him, it is because it's really what he wants.

I guess this will mean that Pongo leaves to Osasuna. I think that another striker was necessary, Bellamy is a good player, but not enough to replace what Morientes and Cisse provided.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:43 pm

I  understand you worrying if hes going to be any good, after our track record buying strikers isnt the best, I cant understand why you think we would need to sell Crouch. The reason we have a large squad is so that we can rest players, cover for injuries , cover for lack of form and have players with different attributes so we can alter our tactics and offer differing threats.
account deleted by request

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Sabre wrote:Bellamy is a good player, but not enough to replace what Morientes and Cisse provided.

he could run rings around both of 'em!!!!!

Bellemy, Kuyt, Crouch & Fowler - great forwards the lot of 'em.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:13 pm

good that this saga is finally nearing completion.....

As I've said before, don't really know all the much bout him but the clips ciggy put up are certainly impressive.
So here's to hoping he blows the premiership away...

Welcome Dirk...
ConnO'var

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm

I think it's great news that we finally got Kuyt. Now we are really strong in every area of the team--and I think we have a great chance of making it number 19 this year!
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:35 pm

I know very little about the bloke but trust the decision of the manager, especially given he has chased the bloke for the best part of two years. One thing that has impressed me greatly is the way in which both the Fijanoord (god knows how you spell it) fans and management have been quick to pay tribute to Kuyt's attitude and professionalism. It seems that whatever his football ability, we are picking up a player who is keen to do the right thing on the pitch, and whose application and team ethic is beyond question.

If we compare the acquisition with the last couple of times we paid huge money for strikers the starkness of the contrast couldn't be more pronounced. We paid 10 mill' for Diouff, seemingly on a whim and a prayer. An untried and unproven maverick of a footballer who disappointed almost from day one, his lack of potential as an out and out front man was matched only by the disgusting way in which he conducted himself in a red shirt.
He was followed by the hapless Cisse. This time there had been more research and we were assured that we were buying a real gem. There were flashes of individual brilliance from the Frenchman, glimpses of lung bursting searing pace but precious little in terms of team play, of game appreciation. Selfishness and petulant sulking came in equal measure every game and it was hard to escape the notion that nobody had bothered their erse to ask about the quality of the man not the footballer. Was he one you'd want on your side in the trenches, one to take up the mantle for his teammates in a battle?

Nothing in life is certain and even less in football. Nobody can guarantee that the new man will be value for money, a prolific goalscorer or become a legend in the red shirt. I quite like the fact though that at least we are buying somebody who comes with a character reference. We can at last be certain that he will he will contribute to the team ethic with his work and application, that ultimately he will try his best. Of this it seems we can be certain, and in that and our managers judgement I am happy.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion