OFFICIAL: KUYT SIGNS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rick RR » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi you LFC fans. I am Rick from The Netherlands. And as a die hard Feyenoord fan I want to congratulate you with this brilliant signing! Some of the fans made a tribute to Dirk video. It´s great to watch and have an idea of what Dirk can mean to Liverpool FC.

http://media.putfile.com/Dirk-Ku....bedankt

Greetz and good luck this afternoon at the sheffield game.
Rick RR

Postby Scrummie » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:03 pm

Rick RR wrote:Hi you LFC fans. I am Rick from The Netherlands. And as a die hard Feyenoord fan I want to congratulate you with this brilliant signing! Some of the fans made a tribute to Dirk video. It´s great to watch and have an idea of what Dirk can mean to Liverpool FC.

Bah, that one made me wipe a few tears away. Good movie.
Scrummie

Postby xeno » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:44 pm

Scrummie wrote:
Rick RR wrote:Hi you LFC fans. I am Rick from The Netherlands. And as a die hard Feyenoord fan I want to congratulate you with this brilliant signing! Some of the fans made a tribute to Dirk video. It´s great to watch and have an idea of what Dirk can mean to Liverpool FC.

Bah, that one made me wipe a few tears away. Good movie.

WE LOVE YOU DIRK WE DO.

Dirk we go miss you.
Have a good time by liverpool..

greats Feyenoordfan Xeno
xeno

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:25 pm

The only thing Dirk needs now is to grow a blonde moustachio.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:22 pm

If it helps, Dirk just scored a hat-trick on my Master League on Pro Evo 5!

:wwww
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rick RR » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:53 pm

After today´s game it´s obvious that you need Dirk. I´ll bet he scores twice next game!
Rick RR

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:59 pm

Great news, this!  I go 'en vacance' and we finally get our lad...I guess I'll just have to get away more often (he says, leaving the door wide open for a dig...) :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:23 am

From liverpoolfc.tv

"Van Basten told me Liverpool is a great club and they will help improve my game," added Kuyt.

"He told me it would be better for me to play at a higher level and play for one of the  best teams in Europe."

Good man Van
Last edited by Dundalk on Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:36 am

just back from a 2 day wild party  :O       first chance to say im verry happy that dirk kuyt has joined us   i have to say our squad now seems to be complete   the balance of the team looks verry good now...  welcome dirk kuyt  :;):

ps  does anyone have a link to the dirk kuyt press confrence on sky...  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:26 am

KUYT PERSUADED BY ROBBEN
The Guardian 

Liverpool’s ultimately successful pursuit of Dirk Kuyt was smoothed by unlikely allies. 

The Holland international yesterday revealed he had been urged to move to Anfield by Ruud van Nistelrooy and Arjen Robben, pantomime villains on Merseyside given their connections with Manchester United and Chelsea.

Kuyt was paraded as a £9m Liverpool signing yesterday having signed a four-year contract worth £45,000 a week but Rafael Benítez, it emerged, had first inquired about his availability when still coach of Valencia more than two years ago. Yet, although the 26-year-old had always been keen to move to a club of Liverpool's size, he sought advice from his team-mates in the Dutch national team before completing the transfer and Robben even suggested Kuyt could end up winning the Premiership at Chelsea's expense.

I spoke not only to Ruud but also the other players in the Premier League who are in the Dutch team," said Kuyt, who has received his international clearance but is unlikely to start this afternoon's game at Sheffield United. "They said this is a perfect competition and that I would enjoy myself here. They didn't give specific advice but they said I would love it and I'm ready to play in the Premier League. They said Liverpool are a fantastic club with fantastic support and that we are ideally suited for each other.
"Arjen said the crowd is incredible. He played against them in the Community Shield and said he came into the stadium before kick-off and it was all red. He said Liverpool fans don't like him very much and said a few things to him, but he also said Liverpool have a very good team and will challenge Chelsea this year."

That antipathy towards Robben is born of the winger's theatrics at Stamford Bridge last season which prompted José Reina's dismissal for violent conduct. Kuyt is unlikely to resort to similar gamesmanship - "I think he's more English than Dutch in the way he plays," said Benítez - but he is aware that he must prove a more potent threat in the campaign ahead than he did at the summer's World Cup finals.

His three appearances in Germany made a mockery of his lofty reputation. "I can do better," he insisted. "I don't think I showed my best but I only started two matches at the World Cup. Playing in the Premier League and the Champions League will help me become a better player and show what I can do. But it was hard to show what I could do in Germany. Ruud van Nistelrooy was in the squad and Marco van Basten gave him the chance in the first few matches but, once I was in the team, it came down to small things.

"The Premiership is a really difficult competition, but that's why I'm here. I want to perform at the highest level and think the Premier League is the highest level in the world. I am very confident I can make that step and show what kind of player I am, and that I'm good enough for the Premier League."

Benítez is convinced of that much already, with the £9m fee taking his transfer spending at Anfield to almost £76m. Kuyt managed 71 goals in 101 league appearances for Feyenoord but, while that prolific record lends itself to comparisons with Van Nistelrooy (who Kuyt admits to having "idolised") Benítez is eager to stress his new signing has more facets to his game than goalscoring.

"Kuyt works hard for the team and provides assists as well," said the Spaniard, who has spent more than £24m during this summer alone. "I think the description of him as a typical English player suits him. He can fight for the ball. It is clear that he is stepping up another level but we are talking about a player with a very strong mentality and character. We're limited now in terms of finance but we've signed young players with quality. Now the squad has a good balance. We are a stronger team and I am more confident about our chances."

Nice to know Robben thinks we may win the premieship this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc fan in peace » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:19 am

hello lfc am back again congrats on signing kuyt,as youve beat us to a gd striker,roeders says he never bidded for him but who knows,why go see a player 10 times and not bid ? who would u class as the better striker kuyt or klose, we are suppose to be back in for klose as a bidding war hasnt happened for the world cup star, and if the toon do manage a miracle and get him he would be cheaper then what use have paid for kuyt even kuyt is very good goal scorer would use be bitter and ask questions why didnt rafa go all out for klose instead of kuyt, and how did use think your 1st game went yesterday i think sheff done well for there 1st game in prem and do use think it was a penalty ? or do use think ya got the lucky decision
nufc fan in peace

Postby coddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:52 am

kazza wrote:******************

Nice to know Robben thinks we may win the premieship this year.

Maureen won't let him in the team next...........   :eyebrow
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:10 pm

nufc fan in peace wrote:hello lfc am back again congrats on signing kuyt,as youve beat us to a gd striker,roeders says he never bidded for him but who knows,why go see a player 10 times and not bid ? who would u class as the better striker kuyt or klose, we are suppose to be back in for klose as a bidding war hasnt happened for the world cup star, and if the toon do manage a miracle and get him he would be cheaper then what use have paid for kuyt even kuyt is very good goal scorer would use be bitter and ask questions why didnt rafa go all out for klose instead of kuyt, and how did use think your 1st game went yesterday i think sheff done well for there 1st game in prem and do use think it was a penalty ? or do use think ya got the lucky decision

Klose is an interesting player in my view. I've only seen him play for Germany and almost every time he has been very impressive. He scored two goals for them in midweek against Sweden and both were finishes out of the very top drawer. It's a little odd though that he continues to ply his trade at a lesser club in Germany (becuse really it starts and finishes with Bayern) and that nobody has taken him to more glamorous surroundings.
If there is reason for this behind the scenes then I don't know it but he looks like a top-class goalscorer to me. My one and only reservation about him in English football is that he scores a lot of goals with headers and I'm not certain he would be strong enough physically to do the same over here. Definately a much better bet than Martins though in my opinion, and could be an absolute star with any luck.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:13 pm

been trying to post on here for a couple of days had problems but every thing is ok now so this message is a bit belated but here goes just like to welcome dirk kuyt to liverpool fc i cant wait to see dirk score for us, and see him be as successfull as he was at is previous club as he will with us at liverpool fc
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc fan in peace » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:51 pm

according to ssn and other sites martins has been in sjp today for a medical and if he passes nufc will announce it tommorow martins has signed for 10.5 million as his real age is 21 not 28,we need a cb and lb  and kitty still left for another forward around 6.5 mill to 8 mill maybe this will be klose aswell so if we do get klose aswell as martins big mick the dissapointment of use getting kuyt will ease, gd luck with ya 2nd  cl tie
nufc fan in peace

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion