Official cl final thread - A.c.milan v liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Thu May 26, 2005 3:23 pm

so let me get this right...

liverpool football club are champions of europe. we won the champions league last night, coming back form 3-0 down.

lfc - champions league winners.

fuk me - i'm spending all day on the internet seeing stories, photos, forums and everything is saying we won it. but it feels so so so bl.oody surreal. i just need to keep writing it.

LIVERPOOL FC - EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS - MAY 25, 2005.

unbelievable. we're in heaven.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rentboy81 » Thu May 26, 2005 4:06 pm

congratulations!
thank you for the great night that you have done to a inter supporters!
rentboy81

Postby Huck » Thu May 26, 2005 4:16 pm

CONGRATULATIONS lads!! Really well done!!...It could seem a bit late but as I suspected, after the emotions suffered during the whole match me and my friends couldnt but go out a get really hammered celebrating the title...u cant imagine how Spain was supporting the reds! amazing! Im really glad for u cos u deserved it!! YNWA   

P.S.-Now ill have to do what I promised before ur match against Juve...where could i find a Carra T-shirt here in Spain??   :D   Im gonna get broke if I have to buy on the net...
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 26, 2005 4:20 pm

AC MILAN FAN wrote:Congratulations Liverpool!

This one of the Champions Leaugue finals I will never forget in my entire life (even 40 years from now!). After the 1st half I thought my team, A.C. Milan, would easily win this game without any resistance from Liverpool's side. I was WRONG! Along with other 100 millions of football supporters, I witnessed the opposite, something I could not believe!!! Liverpool FC came back in the game within less 6 min time, and could have done even more harm to this team full of great players. Luckily it remained only with these 3 goals, which in the end resulted sufficient for the English team.

LUCK was not on our side, that's for SURE!!! I knew we were going to lose this game after I saw Dudek fulfilling a MIRACLE in the 118 min, when Shevchenko failed an attempt to make a goal, twice actually, at just a few centimeters from the goal line. Liverpool won this game, because they played with their 'HEART' and showing more mental power.

Anyway, I would like to thank my team's opponent for the great match and for having made it a real final again plus all the emotions with it.... So lots of credit to you football fans and again, CONGRATULATIONS>

Best regards,

Graziano

Very gracious post AC MILAN FAN, respect to your team ,for 45 minutes at least you were the best team. Don't worry a club as big as yours will have more chances to win the big cup ,(as long as you don't have to play us again)

Walk On   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Thu May 26, 2005 4:23 pm

Legends.

Jamie Carragher and Didi Hamman have joined the pantheon of Liverpool All Time Greats in my opinion.

Didi Hamman's role in last nights legendary win simply cannot be underestimated. Where was Kaka, who dazzled in the first part, in the second half? In Didi's pocket, thats where.

Who put his penalty shootout doubts behind him? Didi did.

Carra playing on with a groin strain and bad cramp in the second half of extra time was legendary.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dward » Thu May 26, 2005 4:52 pm

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! EVEN NOW, 16 OR SO HOURS LATER, IT STILL HASN'T SUNK IN!!!!!!!! ALMOST WET MYSELF DURING THE PENALTIES!!!! (almost, I said!!!!)

LIVERPOOL - CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2005!!!!!!!!!

HOW GOOD DOES THAT SOUND!! SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :D  :wwww
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu May 26, 2005 5:37 pm

dward wrote:I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! EVEN NOW, 16 OR SO HOURS LATER, IT STILL HASN'T SUNK IN!!!!!!!! ALMOST WET MYSELF DURING THE PENALTIES!!!! (almost, I said!!!!)

LIVERPOOL - CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2005!!!!!!!!!

HOW GOOD DOES THAT SOUND!! SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :D  :wwww

I know what You feel. It's exactely the same with me :D

THE CUP IS OURS  :buttrock
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FRAN_SPAIN » Thu May 26, 2005 5:52 pm

CONGRATULATIONS FROM SPAIN, REDS!!!

Michael Robinson was crying all the post-match on spanish TV...
Amazing match!!!
We are proud our players and Rafa has help you to win your five champions league!!!
See you next year in the Paris final!!!
Real Madrid-Liverpool
I hope UEFA invite you!!!

(excuse my english...)
FRAN_SPAIN

Postby Paul_Poland » Thu May 26, 2005 6:12 pm

BBC :
AC Milan: Dida 5 - Cafu 6, Jaap Stam 7, Alessandro Nesta 7, Paolo Maldini 8 - Gennaro Gattuso 6 (112 min. - Rui Costa 6), Andrea Pirlo 7, Clarence Seedorf 6 (86 min. - Serginho 6) - Kaka 8 - Hernan Crespo 8 (85 min. - Jon Dahl Tomasson 5), Andrij Szewczenko 7. Trener Carlo Ancelotti - 5.

Liverpool: JERZY DUDEK 9 - Steve Finnan 6 (46 min. - Dietmar Hamann 7), Jamie Carragher 7, Sami Hyypia 6, Djimi Traore 6 - Luis Garcia 6, Steven Gerrard 8, Xabi Alonso 7, John Arne Riise 6 - Harry Kewell 5 (23 min. - Vladimir Smicer 7) - Milan Baros 5 (85 min. - Djibril Cisse 5). Trener - Rafael Benitez - 8.

Man of the match : DUDEK
Image There`s only one Jerzy Dudek and one Anfield Road!!!
Paul_Poland

Postby Gora Xabi! » Thu May 26, 2005 6:57 pm

Congratulations!!! I´m from the Basque Country and a supporter of Real Sociedad. We really apreciate Xabi and yesterday we were all supporting the Liverpool. It was an awesome match guys, one of the most amazing matches I have ever seen!!
All the football fans should thank to Liverpool and Milan for such an epic final.

Congratulations or as we say here ZORIONAK!!!
And Xabi Zorionak also! In your country we are very proud of you.
Gora Xabi!

Postby Santa » Thu May 26, 2005 7:31 pm

This one of the Champions Leaugue finals I will never forget in my entire life (even 40 years from now!). After the 1st half I thought my team, A.C. Milan, would easily win this game without any resistance from Liverpool's side. I was WRONG! Along with other 100 millions of football supporters, I witnessed the opposite, something I could not believe!!! Liverpool FC came back in the game within less 6 min time, and could have done even more harm to this team full of great players. Luckily it remained only with these 3 goals, which in the end resulted sufficient for the English team.

LUCK was not on our side, that's for SURE!!! I knew we were going to lose this game after I saw Dudek fulfilling a MIRACLE in the 118 min, when Shevchenko failed an attempt to make a goal, twice actually, at just a few centimeters from the goal line. Liverpool won this game, because they played with their 'HEART' and showing more mental power.

Anyway, I would like to thank my team's opponent for the great match and for having made it a real final again plus all the emotions with it.... So lots of credit to you football fans and again, CONGRATULATIONS>

Best regards,

Graziano

Good game. Thank for being such an appreciative supporter. It's one game both set of fans will still be talking about years and years from now, that's for sure!  :hearts

AC played well in the first 45mins mainly because no one take on Kaka and Pirlo allowing them to overran our midfield. No doubt your team are full of 5-stars players (Shevchenko, Nesta, Kaka etc) but I think having it so easy in the first half was probably the worst thing that could have happened to you. Maldini (together with Baresi) are my all time favourite defender but I think age have finally caught up with him. I think at the end of the day, the never-say-die British Bulldog attitute carry us through and once we drew level, Milan have lost most of the fight.

...but one hell of a game  :bowdown   I can't see any team in the world getting back from 3 goals deficits against this AC Milan team (OK PSV came close but that was at home turf) like we did...and thanks for knocking out ManU in the earlier round  :wwww
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 26, 2005 7:48 pm

Best regards,

Graziano

Good game. Thank for being such an appreciative supporter. It's one game both set of fans will still be talking about years and years from now, that's for sure!  :hearts

AC played well in the first 45mins mainly because no one take on Kaka and Pirlo allowing them to overran our midfield. No doubt your team are full of 5-stars players (Shevchenko, Nesta, Kaka etc) but I think having it so easy in the first half was probably the worst thing that could have happened to you. Maldini (together with Baresi) are my all time favourite defender but I think age have finally caught up with him. I think at the end of the day, the never-say-die British Bulldog attitute carry us through and once we drew level, Milan have lost most of the fight.

...but one hell of a game  :bowdown   I can't see any team in the world getting back from 3 goals deficits against this AC Milan team (OK PSV came close but that was at home turf) like we did...and thanks for knocking out ManU in the earlier round  :wwww
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ramatgani » Thu May 26, 2005 8:08 pm

Mazal tov Liverpool! Congratulations from Israel! What an astonishing final, what a great night!
ramatgani

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 26, 2005 8:24 pm

Thank you LFC for the greatest night of my life. I wasn't in Istanbul but i'm not bothered cos that was just incredible. Well done to every player who played his part in the greatest european success ever. I'm still on a high and it was great to walk into the bookies this morning with a sore head  collecting 250euro after i backed the lads to win the cl back in august. Fantastic, cant wait for next season when we WILL be defending our title.

As for the blues, some of them are being gracious and are congratulating us but many are trying to take the shine off our succes. Next season, liverpool and everton will be back where they belong in the league, pushing for 1st and mid-table respectively.

Rafa Benitez is a legend and will bring a lot more trophies to Anfield. Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard were both immense last night and deserved to win it. The character the team showed to come back from 3-0 down at half time reminded us all why we support this club.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ScouseSimbr » Thu May 26, 2005 8:37 pm

I am so happy. Last night was the greatest night of my life and today is the greatest day of my life!

Thank you Liverpool, I love you so much !!!  Gerrard, Carragher, Hamann, Alonso, Dudek and Smicer were heroes of Biblical proportions last night! 

AC Milan Fan you are so gracious in defeat your pain must be unbearable, I think I have developed a soft spot for AC Milan and will be following their results next season.  Who knows if UEFA change the rules we might get to play each other again next season!

LIVERPOOL EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!!!!
I dont see how it can better than this! Although I have a feeling under the Benitez reign it will!
ScouseSimbr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion