Official cl final thread - A.c.milan v liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laura817 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:35 am

^^yeah, but when he actually did the wobbly legs he didn't save the penalty!!!
who would have thought this time last year we'd all be celebrating winning the champions league final and would be hailing Jerzy Dudek as a hero??

BTW highlights have just started on ITV for anyone still up in the UK
laura817

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 26, 2005 1:37 am

Thanks chaps. Nice to know our team was the neutrals choice!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chubbs » Thu May 26, 2005 1:48 am

Congratulations lads.  Have a beer for me.

i'm sorry to say I threw a tantrum when the 3rd went in and switched the game off as I couldn't see any way back.  It was when I read online an hour later that it was 3-3 and went mental before putting it back on in time to see extra time & pens.:( :(
I was sitting watchin the shootout through my fingers and shaking like leaf.

Classic comeback from a classic club.

Once again well done from most of the folks on Killiefc.com
chubbs

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 26, 2005 1:55 am

5th European cup......lets watch Ueffa buckle and let us back into the Champions league!!!!

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :;):  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zlatan » Thu May 26, 2005 2:41 am

congragulations...
I'm Italian and i'm a fan of Juventus !!!
You have given me a big joy this evening, see the Milan fans cry,they are of the losers, after losing the championship they lost also the Champion's cup !!
Thanks Reds !!

Zlatan

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 26, 2005 2:50 am

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gizmo12 » Thu May 26, 2005 3:40 am

What a comeback!!!!  Absolutely brilliant!!!  Congrats from Canada.  Goooo Liverpool!!!!!!!!  Sensational!!!!  Bravo Dudek!!!!!!!!!!
gizmo12

Postby Djiin » Thu May 26, 2005 4:24 am

Congrats all a around....Great comeback Redmen!

....the Force is back :bowdown
Djiin

Postby CSKA Fan » Thu May 26, 2005 6:22 am

Hi, people!
Congratulations from the UEFA Cup winner fan!
It is a glorious victory and I was enjoyed watching such a great match.
Let's play for SuperCup !
Hail to England!
CSKA Fan

Postby barnesrush » Thu May 26, 2005 6:37 am

right..................ok.........................at this present time im not quite sure what has happened tonight. as far as i can remember.......WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cluckin unbephuckinlievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the most amazing and extraordinary game i have ever had the extreme pleasure to be a smalll part of......

all i remember is holding an extremely grudgin respect for the undeniable legend of the game that is maldini, then watchin the most enthrallin, inspiring, amazing comeback surely in the history of european football.

i hate to say it but gerrards goal reminded me of the way roy keane inspired united to beat juve in 99', pure captains goal. (aint goin nowhere!!!!!!!) then the others battled for their lives, showin the best spirit ive ever witnessed in a game of footy to come back against an obviously unbelievably class side in milan. Lets not forget them, cos we all know we won and thus were the better team, yet AC gave us some slightly(understatement of the year :p  )worryin moments. (dudek? ???? was the will of 500,000 scousers turning u superhuman somehow? ????)

well should really get to bed now. left the bar i was at around 1am but thankfully warington uni (which i currently study at for at least another 3 weeks:p ) has an active social life, even if u dont support the best team in europe. hence the lengthy 6.08 message.

after the first half all me mates kept pattin me on the back, sayin like "oh well at least u got this far" yet all i said was it aint over yet (although at times i would have taken 3-0 as a not too humiliating a defeat. never before has unblindin faith been repaid in such results surely. (even jesus walkin on water was typical journalistic hyperbole)

well the game......... traore- first half :censored: ( yet simply the result means all moanin can wait as the lad becomes a true anfield legend). simply wasnt in tandem with the rest of the defence (considerin its been the same all year) obvious weakspot which shevy tried to exploit every time. rafa fair enough a tricky decision with kewell and cisse etc yet smicer allowed garcia to move into a more attackin role and put a player (vlad) who was more to likely to track back than Garcia. (and obviously the goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

this along with the introduction of hamman made the whole team more solid as a platform was built for gerrard and alonso to play from, which for once gave SG the chance to perform a captains role in a big game.

even the switch of SG to Right back was a questionable one yet as soon as i remembered that serginho had just come on, rafa had spotted that he was a danger( undeniably a classy player down the left) which the switch counteracted greatly.

Yes we let in three first half goals, yet the early goal meant that we had to leave gaps which kaka in particular exploited perfectly, underlining the true class of opponent tonight.

the place where i watched it was full of plastic AC fans which although nearly proving troublesome  to the intactness of my pint glass, were at least humble enough to watch us all going absolutely mental from the moment it went 3-2.

frankly this game has ruined the rest of my football watchin career, as surely the only thing that could have made the game more of a spectacle would have been cisse gettin the winner.

as it is im stuck with watchin this bunch of winners for the rest of me life, with little more to aim for ( except the complete and total dominance of world football which the future years will bring)
oh well never mind. :p

dont even think about criticising anythin ive said cos any true fan wil tell u its all true!!!!

sorry for over analysin performances of some players as theyv all done us proud today, yet id prefer our next trophy to be won with less easily avoidable mistakes which top class players will exploit.

all i can say is were lucky to be playin against milan rather than some top team like chelsea who may have exploited such defensive weaknesses ( or maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p )

YNWA i love u all. better leave before emotions get the better of me!!!!!!

woooo took me 40 mins to write this but it was worth it
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu May 26, 2005 6:41 am

MOM !!

Great moment :D

Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Thu May 26, 2005 7:01 am

question now is will i sleep tonight? ???? ?????? doubt it. we'll see ill be on as soon as im in the slightest bit alert!!!!!!!!!!

GOTTA SHOUT THROUGH TEXT COS MY VOICE IS FUUUCCKKKKEEEEEEEEDD YNWA:D :D :D
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu May 26, 2005 7:06 am

2 hour sleep. Up 5 AM. What the hell, it was a greatest day :D And under RB more are still to come :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Thu May 26, 2005 7:08 am

OMFG,i just 24/7 sleepless untill now but i am still soar high - THE HIGHEST.

I am a malaysian and i am watching the match right beside a food stall nearby my house. Although i am apart from Istanbul but i still felt the fuel. I love that kind of atmosphere and i always dream of that as well as we clinch the sacred honours. Finally we did it with our best. All the best and this is just a start of another journey.

(p/s : some silly mancs fans around me watched the match for 45 mins and decide that we've loss)

-YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE-

:bowdown
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby RedorDead » Thu May 26, 2005 7:14 am

YES!!!!!!!!!! I just cannot believe it, what a night, truly truly historic!!!! I am at work now, started at 6, I was still up at 3 this morning, buzzing and not able to sleep, doing the Mrs head in!!!! What a night!!!! Only Liverpool coild have done that, only Liverpool....the heart, the passion, the belief.....I've said it before and I'll say it now, Russian billions can buy a squad as good as as any in the world but it cannot and will never buy the heart and passion that comes with a special club like Liverpool Football Club.
You'll never EVER walk alone!!!!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion