O'shea all set to join liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon May 30, 2005 12:21 pm

I know, before anyone say it.....This is from TribalFootball....so probably is dubious:

Liverpool to offer £6M for Man Utd's O'Shea
tribalfootball.com - May 30, 2005

Liverpool are ready to offer Manchester United a cool £6 million for defender John O'Shea.

Republic of Ireland international O'Shea has played mainly at full-back recently, but has always preferred a central role.

That has alerted European champions Liverpool who, despite their stunning success in Istanbul last week, are desperate for reinforcements at centre-half.

O'Shea had trials at Liverpool before signing for United as a teenager and is seriously considering a move to Anfield if Reds boss Rafa Benitez can guarantee him a place at centre-half.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:00 pm

parchpea wrote:I think O'shea is a decent player, however he is tainted. I may be mistaken but was he not a youth player at Liverpool but rejected?. If he played for anyone else I reckon he would be a good addition. Whilst he is one of the more likeable of the Utd squad, its so against the grain. Cannot see us doing any deals with them, we just dont go there. A shock if it pans out so most likely paper talk.

I don't think he was ever at Liverpool as a boy. Don't even think he had trials. A friend of mine knew him when he was playing over here in Waterford. Think he went staight to utd.

Think he would be a useful addition to the squad but not at six million
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 30, 2005 1:13 pm

Don't think he should get stick for joining Manu as a boy, what was he supposed to say"no, I won't play for them, I'll stay in Waterford".

As an Irishman i was feel uneasy when the ball is down by O'shea in internationals. I just don't trust him as a player.

I also don't want some more Spaniards or others with no premiership experience, only Alonso settled in last year and Morientes, Cisse, Nunez, Pelligrino, Garcia etc all did little in the premiership (Garcia scored a bit but still played poorly and gives the ball away non stop)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:17 pm

Big Niall wrote:Don't think he should get stick for joining Manu as a boy, what was he supposed to say"no, I won't play for them, I'll stay in Waterford".

As an Irishman i was feel uneasy when the ball is down by O'shea in internationals. I just don't trust him as a player.

I also don't want some more Spaniards or others with no premiership experience, only Alonso settled in last year and Morientes, Cisse, Nunez, Pelligrino, Garcia etc all did little in the premiership (Garcia scored a bit but still played poorly and gives the ball away non stop)

good point. you go where you get the offers as a young lad. You have to take your chance when its offered
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Mon May 30, 2005 1:50 pm

could be a useful addition but wouldn't pay 6m. more likely 2 to 3m. if i m not wrong he could play across the defence, that'll plug the gaps when necessary and allow carra to concentrate at cb.
lfclfclfc

Postby Sean » Mon May 30, 2005 2:23 pm

I wouldn't pay £6 million for O'Shea.  If we can sneak him for 2 or 3 million it would be great business.  In his first season at United he was excellent at left back.  He had an inconsistent second season and Heinze has now made the left back position his own.  At United he has suffered because he can play in so many positions.  Fergie has used him as cover.  If we do sign him I reckon he might be a candidate to take over from Hamann.  O'Shea would be well suited to that position.

As for doing business with United......O'Shea has won the championship and F.A. cup and so should have the winning mentality and working for a few years with a successful manager and players will have benefitted him.....although looking at Lee Sharpe in celebrity love island, that point might be debateable.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby The Italian Job 2005 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:15 pm

Why are we even discussing this.  Evra is a far better player and offers more going forward.
The Italian Job 2005

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon May 30, 2005 3:17 pm

O`shea? O :censored:! O`shut up with this rumour frankly i fnd your belief in the dark side disturbing.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon May 30, 2005 3:18 pm

The lad wont cost 6 million as he only has 12 months left on his contract and hes not signing another one.Manure will take between 2 or 3 million i would imagine.Hes a long way off being the finished article and hes got a lot to learn,but who would bet against Rafa bringing out the best in him?He reminds me of a young Tony Adams,awkward,gangly,but he went on to become the best defender in england.We should bite the sc.ums hand off if theyre willing to sell him to us at a fair price.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2005 5:43 pm

LiverpoolFan00 wrote:
parchpea wrote:I think O'shea is a decent player, however he is tainted. I may be mistaken but was he not a youth player at Liverpool but rejected?. If he played for anyone else I reckon he would be a good addition. Whilst he is one of the more likeable of the Utd squad, its so against the grain. Cannot see us doing any deals with them, we just dont go there. A shock if it pans out so most likely paper talk.

I don't think he was ever at Liverpool as a boy. Don't even think he had trials. A friend of mine knew him when he was playing over here in Waterford. Think he went staight to utd.

Think he would be a useful addition to the squad but not at six million

he was at liverpool as a lad, we released him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 30, 2005 6:05 pm

Not a chance. Ever. Why would we want a scummer playing for us!?! May as well sign Gary "the T*at" Neville! I'd rather eat a Vauxhall Viva, thanks.:angry: :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Mon May 30, 2005 7:16 pm

Not a chance, Fergie isn't stupid and would never let him go to us
Jari's mullet

Postby Santa » Mon May 30, 2005 8:17 pm

Jari's mullet wrote:Not a chance, Fergie isn't stupid and would never let him go to us

well he is stupid enough to let Forlan goes to Villareal...now he ended up top scorer in La Liga  :bump  Well done Diego for sticking two fingers up Fergie's a*ss  :bowdown
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2005 8:27 pm

Santa wrote:
Jari's mullet wrote:Not a chance, Fergie isn't stupid and would never let him go to us

well he is stupid enough to let Forlan goes to Villareal...now he ended up top scorer in La Liga  :bump  Well done Diego for sticking two fingers up Fergie's a*ss  :bowdown

being fair to ferguson he looked sh` 1te for united, except when he played against us the f@cker.
being from a latin background the move to spain obviously made the lad feel more at home and his game prospered. he was obviously a decent footballer because i cant imagine anyone who`s totally rubbish getting to the pro level in south america. there`s too much competition for places. some might not settle in europe or adapt to the change in culture but they must have been good at some point. there`s probably lads cleaning windows in rio who would put half the prem to shame but just never got spotted.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon May 30, 2005 8:46 pm

I think it's very unlikely to happen. If it did then it's obviously a good move for us. He is a very very good prospect.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion